Upcoming Events Upcoming G37/G35/350Z Events
View Poll Results: Which state to have a nationwide meet to end this summer(2011)? Annually??
Colorado
22.22%
Kansas
3.70%
Missouri
9.26%
Oklahoma
3.70%
Arkansas
5.56%
Not worth the drive, wouldn't participate
55.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Meet ***ATTN: Nationwide G Meet???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
***ATTN: Nationwide G Meet???

Alright, I know A LOT of us wanna see ALL THOSE SICK @SS rides in person on here.....so I'm trying to gain interest in a nationwide meet. It can be like a Thursday-Sunday???
Obviously travel time, taking time off from work, nights camping or hotel expenses, location(track/park) would all need to be factored in/figured out.

What I'd like to get feedback about is WHERE TO HAVE IT!!!!! To be fair, we'd want a centralized location for people NATIONALLY to come, but at the same time a GOOD GEOGRAPHIC location.
I'll keep it generic to the STATE first, and go from there....

EXAMPLE: To put it into a little bit of a Geographic perspective...
This would be if we did it in Denver, CO
2,000 miles from Miami
1,000 miles from LA
1,500 miles from NY
please post ANY input/feedback guys!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1cleanG; 03-11-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
My take is it would be difficult for me to travel too far for a meet/gathering. I'd do something regional
Or in state. E.g. zdays in. NC is one event. There is a good road to travel on there (tail of the dragon).
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Im in NC if the meet was very large I would make it out...Its a lot of unknown roads so I would borrow a trailer to bring my car out...Also it has to be a long meet to make it worth it like Z-Days in NC.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Interested.

I think a G event of this nature would be great. However, it will be a challenge convincing people that it will be a worthwhile weekend. I don't know that too many people will be eager to make a 4,000+ mile commitment.

That said, I'm up for the challenge. If any assistance is needed in organizing this potential event, please let me know...
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Colorado is nice in the summer and has some sick roads. It would be interesting to see how many people are interested this.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by soolman32
Colorado is nice in the summer and has some sick roads. It would be interesting to see how many people are interested this.

I've gotten a lot of feedback via texts and PM's as well, and it sounds like CO definitely has a lot of potential, especially with the twisties and mountain roads.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:41 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by ijahman
Im in NC if the meet was very large I would make it out...Its a lot of unknown roads so I would borrow a trailer to bring my car out...Also it has to be a long meet to make it worth it like Z-Days in NC.

I'm also looking into this and the sponsors that they get. There's been a LOT of talk about getting a nationwide meet together for years but no one has gone ahead and done it.

I obviously wouldn't be able to put this on myself, it would take a lot of help gaining sponsors if we wanted to put on "events" and such, and it would also take a lot of work to organize everything for WHERE to have it, what to do, where to stay, etc etc. And well, since no one has gone ahead to start planning or gaining interest...then well, here I am!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
WPPJR30

The determining factor here is the amount of people who will attend. This is essentially the same thing as Z Days. We could get a group to plan on attending that? The G community is much smaller than the Z community. If twenty people show interest in this, it will not be a success. How often are local meets organized and fifty people say they are attending and fifteen show up? Often, I would say...

I like this idea because it would allow for members of this board to meet the other members of this board. It would not be watered down with a bunch of people with whom we do not "interact" regularly (Not to sound like a snob - I wouldn't mind hanging out/drinking a beer with some of the Z guys. ). However, this is something that people will have to plan to attend, not wake up the day of and say, "Eff it. I have nothing else to do. I may as well go to that meet..." Hotel reservations, vacation time from work, financial planning, organizing child care (for some), etc... Not to mention maintenance on the cars that will be driven (oil changes, new tires, tweaking suspensions, paint protection, etc...). These are all things that can certainly be done and are not necessarily 'make or break' factors in the decision-making process, but my point is that proper planning is necessary. One cannot just say, "I'm in" without taking into account all that they will have to do to be a part of this.

I would venture to guess, however, that if enough interest was sparked for this event, that sponsors would absolutely be willing to participate, especially some of those from this forum.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
You may want to keep it at a major city so flights can be cheaper. I'm biased towards chicago but if u did the midwest something like st. louis or kansas city. Not the middle of nowhere.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

^^^that's exactly what I was thinking about "participation". Z days is called "Zdays" for a reason, its for Z's. I'm going to be honest, lately we've had more participation from G's in our area then Z's???

There have always been very high #'s of participants on the 35 forums(from experience when i owned my 06 coupe), and the 37 forums are just starting to populate now that leases are coming back and buyers are able to purchase used vehicles for great prices.

I'd be all about going to "z days" because we have locals that cruise all the way down there for it, so I know I'd be able to form a caravan, but the fact that its located in GA, NONE of the west coast guys come as a result of it not being centralized. NOW, if they coudl move it, THEN we'd be talking, but I have heard great things about the location and the mountains and runs they do their, so thats cool, but to have a huge nationtion wide CENTRALIZED G meet would be
Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Fezzik
You may want to keep it at a major city so flights can be cheaper. I'm biased towards chicago but if u did the midwest something like st. louis or kansas city. Not the middle of nowhere.

The three cities that would be the most centralized would be St Louis, KC, or Denver I'm thinking...
Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 PM
WPPJR30

I would LOVE to do Chicago... Of those mentioned, that would actually be my first choice. But why near an airport? I would just assume that most people would be driving to a nationwide car meet. No?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Why chicago? I would think that's even further for CA/FL people??
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
...why near an airport? I would just assume that most people would be driving to a nationwide car meet. No?

that's what I was thinkin???
Old 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Not really. You may have people attend but will fly. It's a long way for some people to drive no matter where u have. For example. If u have it in st Louis Chicago people will go but I bet a few of LA people who would want to go don't drive. It would take a whole day to drive. If you have it Denver you will not get east coast people driving

Last edited by Fezzik; 03-12-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
Why chicago? I would think that's even further for CA/FL people??
I have never been to Chicago and I would really like to visit. That's the only reason I say that... Plus, it's closer to me than Kansas, Colorado, Arkansas, or Missouri.

This is why we need to see what type of crowd this will attract. If we're setting the location based on the Florida/California crowd, then we should probably make sure there will be enough people from those states who plan on attending, right?

Either that or we just pick a location and go with it... Take it or leave it!

Not really. You may have people attend but will fly. It's a long way for some people to drive no matter where u have
Yeah, I can see that. Regardless, I think it is going to be difficult to organize an event of this magnitude...

Quick Reply: Meet ***ATTN: Nationwide G Meet???