TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Battery "partially" covered under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:07 PM
djshortsleeve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery "partially" covered under warranty

Local Infiniti dealer told me I need a new battery and it is partially covered. I said, "Partially?" He said 25% because I am in the 4th year.

So the cost would be 25% less on battery and labor is covered.

First off, this sounds wrong.

Second, its still much cheaper to get a battery at Advance or Autozone because they install free anyways.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Yes, batteries, and tires have been pro-rated since the dawn of cars.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
^^^ He speaks the truth. What they told you is 100% correct. Crack open your owner's manual or warranty guide to verify.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is normal everywhere...even the battery you may choose to buy from Autozone will be treated the same way if it dies early.

What did you mean by Advance or Autozone installs for free? They do not install it for you..you can install it for free.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 AM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
This is normal everywhere...even the battery you may choose to buy from Autozone will be treated the same way if it dies early.

What did you mean by Advance or Autozone installs for free? They do not install it for you..you can install it for free.
All my local shops install them for free.
I just got a yellow top from Advanced auto and they put it in free of charge!

here is a quote from the site
"Advance Auto Parts is your one-stop battery resource with a superior selection that includes all the batteries and accessories you'll need, plus personalized service. We'd be happy to test your battery, and if you need a new one, we'll install it FREE with purchase. (Installations available for most automotive vehicles, at most locations, unless prohibited by law.)"
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 AM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by j23a45m
All my local shops install them for free.
I just got a yellow top from Advanced auto and they put it in free of charge!

here is a quote from the site
"Advance Auto Parts is your one-stop battery resource with a superior selection that includes all the batteries and accessories you'll need, plus personalized service. We'd be happy to test your battery, and if you need a new one, we'll install it FREE with purchase. (Installations available for most automotive vehicles, at most locations, unless prohibited by law.)"
Not sure I'd want someone from most auto parts stores installing parts on my car...especially when it says "unless prohibited by law". That statement is because their employees are not authorized to work on cars...they are only there to look up something on the computer.

Most auto parts stores these days have people working in them that don't have a clue about auto parts...I would not trust them to install anything. You can just do it yourself...which is the best way to go.
Besides, I'd feel kinda of useless if I had to have someone in an auto parts store install my battery for me.

Last edited by tejasg37x; 01-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
knockem

Thumbs up Dealer Replaced Battery

I have a 2008 G37S and asked the dealer to check the battery because the car exibited slow cranking this December.
The dealer replaced the battery and vent control valve citing 1TB 10-010. Both at no charge.... I'm one happy customer.

Hope this info helps you.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM
j23a45m

Not sure I'd want someone from most auto parts stores installing parts on my car...especially when it says "unless prohibited by law". That statement is because their employees are not authorized to work on cars...they are only there to look up something on the computer.

Most auto parts stores these days have people working in them that don't have a clue about auto parts...I would not trust them to install anything. You can just do it yourself...which is the best way to go.
Besides, I'd feel kinda of useless if I had to have someone in an auto parts store install my battery for me.
"unless prohibited by law" meaning oil changes without proper disposal etc. stop having a one sided mind!

I never said installing parts, besides a battery!
so you would feel useless if the dealer did work on you car as well? you gotta be kidding me man, the amount of work I do on cars. plz a battery change is a walk in the park for pretty much anyone (disconnect cables, pull battery out, put new battery in, connect cables) come on now.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by knockem
I have a 2008 G37S and asked the dealer to check the battery because the car exibited slow cranking this December.
The dealer replaced the battery and vent control valve citing 1TB 10-010. Both at no charge.... I'm one happy customer.

Hope this info helps you.
Same with mine. I experienced premature battery failure (car had to be jump-started twice within less than 2 years of ownership). I took it in to the dealership and they replaced the battery free of charge. There is a TSB for this for continuous power leakage from the vent control valve. They will replace the vent control valve and battery under warranty. OP, you might want to check if your vin# falls within the range for the TSB.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Bigbodyg

Exclamation

What is this TSB #? i am having slow crank issues as well.. maybe i wont have to pay for the resolution of this.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM
THEJBIGGS

I have the same slow crank issue. I replaced the stock battery with an Optima Red Top and it fixed the issue for awhile and now it is starting to have the problem again. Looks like i need to call Infiniti and get my vent control valve replaced.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
THEJBIGGS

Here is a link to the TSB.

http://www.infinitig37.com/TSB/1ST34.pdf
Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 AM
tejasg37x

"unless prohibited by law" meaning oil changes without proper disposal etc. stop having a one sided mind!

I never said installing parts, besides a battery!
so you would feel useless if the dealer did work on you car as well? you gotta be kidding me man, the amount of work I do on cars. plz a battery change is a walk in the park for pretty much anyone (disconnect cables, pull battery out, put new battery in, connect cables) come on now.
I've never in my entire life had a dealer or shop put a battery in a car for me...I've been driving since 1979.
These days I would not trust most people at an auto parts store to install a battery in my car. I worked in auto parts back in high school when we really needed to know about cars...nowadays it seems most places will hire anyone. It's sad there are grown men these days that wouldn't know how to install a battery.
Why would you want to stand there and watch somebody at an auto parts store put a battery in your car?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 AM
j23a45m

I've never in my entire life had a dealer or shop put a battery in a car for me...I've been driving since 1979.
These days I would not trust most people at an auto parts store to install a battery in my car. I worked in auto parts back in high school when we really needed to know about cars...nowadays it seems most places will hire anyone. It's sad there are grown men these days that wouldn't know how to install a battery.
Why would you want to stand there and watch somebody at an auto parts store put a battery in your car?
no one said he/she didn't know how to install a battery, my whole point was they do install it for you if you choose to have them do so!

but back to topic
Old 01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
tejasg37x

no one said he/she didn't know how to install a battery, my whole point was they do install it for you if you choose to have them do so!

but back to topic
Again, you missed the point...thanks for reading though

Quick Reply: Battery "partially" covered under warranty