TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Leather problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 AM
jdmcris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea..the replace the bottom leather cover..I had a crease.. its all warranty..I got that when they replaced my battery because my car kept dien on me when I after 5 minutes on acc.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm sitting at the dealer now waiting on 15k service on my 08 sport. The service manager is playing dumb like, "wow! I have never seen that before." haha.
They say there is no bulletin. Is that true or is there an actual TSB?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM
james0076ss
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my whole driver side seat bottom part (seat cover and cushion) replaced a few weeks ago for a unusal crease on the left side of the seat which started to tear, as you can see below. And my car is 4 years old. They gave me no trouble what so ever.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

My bottom seat is bubbling. Replaced under warranty? I better get it done soon

Making my mark to 47k!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM
james0076ss
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FukinG37S
My bottom seat is bubbling. Replaced under warranty? I better get it done soon

Making my mark to 47k!
yes, under warranty
Old 01-07-2011, 12:29 PM
RichG

Originally Posted by lakers8
Tried searching, couldnt find anything. Anyone else have a problem with the leather for the sport seats? The parts next to my waist area that protrude out, pretty much rub against my pants every single time i sit in the car. Because f this rubbing, i noticed a small tear in the leather. Anyone else have this problem? Also, if the problem becomes bigger, would the dealer replace under warranty?

Dude there is no way you searched for this leather issue. Its everywhere on the forum. Lots of people have had and are continuing to have this issue. I have an 08 coupe, read about leather bubbling issues over a year ago on here...took it to the dealership and had the passenger replaced and driver reupholstered. Its a very well known issue with the 37 seats, dealerships know about it but there is no TSB. Basically have to find a dealer that wont claim its "normal wear and tear"...had mine done at 30k and a few dealerships tried to pull that "it must be your wallet or keys in your pocket" bs! But just so you guys know, even when they do replace the seats/put new leather on them...they still start bubbling again.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by KittyS
I purposely lift my thigh or butt everytime i move in and out of the car in order to void making the wrinkles. I know, it's pretty stupid.
yeah, i do the same. an embarrassing tip for you though...have you ever come across chair "covers"...? we had some laying around (visit an Asian friend's house ). it's looks pretty damn retarded, but it'll help your problem + help prevent bubbling in the leathers (especially in the sport seats).
Old 01-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Chomponthis
Registered Member

i have the same problem, if there is a tsb they should replace it correct?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
boiler725

I'm not sure is this will help the issue after major seat time but... When I picked up my new G37xS sedan the leather in the back seat between the seats had a couple bubbles. I took it in to have it looked at and they sent me to the detailing guy. He carefully applied some heat via a heat gun while "massaging" the leather and worked the bubbles out.

I was skeptical when they said they were going to use heat so I stood over him as he did it. No damage whatsoever... He applied the heat from about 8-10 inches to warm the leather slowly.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM
3BEP6

I have a huge bubble on the driver's seat and just got a call from Infiniti Consumer Affairs stating that its a wear and tear item and they refuse to replace it under warranty. Told me to go to BBB if I want to appeal...(((
Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 3BEP6
I have a huge bubble on the driver's seat and just got a call from Infiniti Consumer Affairs stating that its a wear and tear item and they refuse to replace it under warranty. Told me to go to BBB if I want to appeal...(((

I just had mine done, no questions asked. 9K, at 7 months.
Guess what, the new one is worse!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
3BEP6

I am getting a bimmer next untill Infiniti gets up to speed with warranty and quality
Old 01-16-2011, 02:15 AM
Namir
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 3BEP6
I am getting a bimmer next untill Infiniti gets up to speed with warranty and quality
I just LOLd
Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 AM
nyce

ok so i confused on this whole thing i have a little creasing on my driver side seat should i get it fixed or not...cuz if they are just going to replace it with crappy leather i dont want that either but i also dont want it to tear
Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 PM
avsBuddy
Registered Member

Guys, keep in mind that Infiniti will replace our cushions with exactly same quality. It's not like Infiniti came up with a new seat design. If you can live with it, I won't bother. Now, by the end of the warranty period, might as well get it done to get another 4 years out of that cushion.

While I was at a Parts department, their service guy brought in a red leather bottom for a swap - either G coupe or a limited sedan. If it was limited sedan - ouch, that's a sucky feeling for the owner...

Quick Reply: Leather problems