TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hold off on a TSB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hold off on a TSB!!!

So I needed to have the TSB done for the VVEL 2 sensor or whatever it is, for engine knocking. But I didn't do it immediately, I was prompted to go to service with my oil change indicator. So I called in on the way home from work, dropped the car off, and took their loaner. I signed saying I'd pay for the oil change, but of course they did the TSB for the engine knock, which is a reprogramming of the computer, and changing the oil. So go to be wrung up and she says, "no charge for the oil change, it was part of your TSB update." Its only $40 or so, but hell thats an extra tank of gas. So if its not bothering you too much, I'd just wait to service this TSB until you need your oil changed.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ thanks, lets see if that works out here
Old 10-17-2008, 06:50 PM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Graham
"no charge for the oil change, it was part of your TSB update."
BUT, per Infiniti, once you change to the Nissan Ester oil, which they used for the TSB, you must continue using the Nissan Ester oil (AT $12/QT!).

You think you saved money, but, now, they got you.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by notalk
BUT, per Infiniti, once you change to the Nissan Ester oil, which they used for the TSB, you must continue using the Nissan Ester oil (AT $12/QT!).

You think you saved money, but, now, they got you.
No the service rep told me after this oil change you can go back to regular synthetic or whatever it is that Infiniti usually uses.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Graham
No the service rep told me after this oil change you can go back to regular synthetic or whatever it is that Infiniti usually uses.
I don't doubt that is what the service rep told you. But, Infiniti customer service is saying the opposite. And, since they're the ones who ultimately pay for warranty repairs, switching from Nissan Ester oil could cause Infiniti to not honor future VVEL or noise repairs under warranty.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by notalk
I don't doubt that is what the service rep told you. But, Infiniti customer service is saying the opposite. And, since they're the ones who ultimately pay for warranty repairs, switching from Nissan Ester oil could cause Infiniti to not honor future VVEL or noise repairs under warranty.
Well I heard what she said.
And Infinti will sure as hell WILL fix any VVEL problem I have. My car is bone stock aside from tint. Any problem that happens in my car is strictly because Nissan engineering, almost gives me some piece of mind, but I like modified cars, so that shouldn't last much longer. Regardless I just let Infiniti do the maintance, so that's there problem if they don't check the records. I recently found out that all their service is linked, as my last name at a brand new dealership was able to pull up a maintance record. But they have no grounds to deny a warranty problem.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
They did the smae exact thing for me. I was planning on paying for the oil change but because it was part of the TSB, they did not charge me a penny.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 AM
g37sick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya cuz they realized the ****ed up with the whole ester oil thing
Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
is this tsb mandatory or are they doing the reprogramming only for those owners with the vvel tap.