TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

TSB - Rattle in Main Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I wonder if they will let me take my HKS in when I go in to get this fixed and ask them to just put it in a box and install the HKS? I mean they have to take a muffler off and put one on, whats the difference?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:15 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
BBoy I have the buzzing noise at start up too...like a loud bee buzz but kinda metallic though...does the buzzing sound count towards the defect? My G37 was bought in Sept 07 so obviously it was built before Jan 29, 2008.

Do you plan on getting it replaced as per the TSB for the buzzing noise?

EDIT: I just called my dealership and service guy and he is looking into the TSB and seeing how long it will take to get the part in.

DOUBLE EDIT: My service guy just put in an order for the parts needed for replacement. He confirmed that my car qualifies for the TSB and I will just have to leave my car there the night before so they can start it on a cold start and verify the noise. I hope the buzzing noise is good enough to qualify. Looks like I am getting it changed out according to the TSB!! Thanks guys.
Ya mine was replaced. I got it replaced today. I was told the buzzing sound was still there by the tech when he started it up. He said it was probably due to my HFC with the increase exhaust flow. He said for me to check it out and make sure it is not the same sound. I didn't hear it though when I started it tonight. I will check in the morning though.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn im surprised the buzzing sound is still there they say...well keep me posted....I might AIM you in a few days to ask you how your cold start ups and general exhaust sounds and feels with the new replacement parts...I am getting mine switched out something next week.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took mine in in March for a muffler vibration and the Dealer said that they were unable to reproduce the problem.

This TSB should help them research what I was talking about.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Well I went in for service today for another issue, but had them check out the muffler/exhaust since I was there. They said they heard a slight rattle and that it would get worse over time, and that they would replace the muffler. There on back order so I have to come back for that. I told him to get the one that is made after Feb. For anybody who had there muffler replaced with the one made after Feb. is it better and does it sound louder then the original?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:53 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^It doesn't rattle so I guess it is better. No sound difference though.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Do you guys think the dealer would give us credit value on stock muffler in exchange for their Stillen muffler exhaust system, since the dealer deals with Stillen product? Of course we would have to pay the difference if there is any..
Old 06-24-2008, 10:52 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Deffinately not.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

So much for that idea....

How do you know, did you asked?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

does anybody know where the post is about the new part number for the newer muffler that was produced after Feb. I can't find the thread
Does anybody know the part number.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:25 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by dannbla
does anybody know where the post is about the new part number for the newer muffler that was produced after Feb. I can't find the thread
Does anybody know the part number.
20100-JL01B -- the B most likely denotes the revision as the original part probably had no letter or an "A"
Old 06-25-2008, 03:20 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
20100-JL01B -- the B most likely denotes the revision as the original part probably had no letter or an "A"
nice thanks man
yeah I also think the other one started 200100 I think not to sure about that
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 PM
prutkows

Originally Posted by jadams
APPLIED VEHICLE: 2008 G37 (CV36)
APPLIED VIN: Vehicles built before JNKCV64E(*)8 120021
APPLIED DATE: Vehicles built before 29-Jan-2008
My VIN is earlier than the one listed, but i have yet to experience any problem with my muffler.. I've only got about 2k miles on the car though.

Should i take it in before i hear any rattle or anything? or do i have to wait until the problem starts?

Last edited by prutkows; 06-29-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:58 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I just took mine in yesterday to get it fixed, just fyi the muffler is on backorder so it will take some time to get fixed!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
MrMichael

Originally Posted by prutkows
My VIN is earlier than the one listed, but i have yet to experience any problem with my muffler.. I've only got about 2k miles on the car though.

Should i take it in before i hear any rattle or anything? or do i have to wait until the problem starts?
I mentioned this when I took mine in a week ago. They told me that the TSB's are not recalls. They are only helper documents if the problem is there. I simply asked if they can determine if mine is going to have this problem. They never bothered to even look. So if you don't hear it you are going to have to wait until you do (if you ever do).

This is the only thing that I HATE about my Infiniti dealer so far. If they don't hear any problem they don't bother to look into it at all, they just assume I'm hearing things. On both of my first oil changes I mentioned a clicking noise. Of course it didn't present itself at the service time. The 2nd time I even said there was a TSB that had a procedure for it but because they didn't hear in then and there they didn't bother to look at the TSB and perform it. So I guess I have to wait till something explodes on the car before they will do anything about it.

Quick Reply: TSB - Rattle in Main Muffler