The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

Any reason not to get the M?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
shredX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any reason not to get the M?

I have not even had my first oil change, and I'm thinking about the M35 Sport. In my situation, it would be about $200/month more. (M45 not an option)

I've read through the M section of this forum, and can not find any negative feedback. Is there any??? Sounds too good to be true.

Any buyer's remorse G vs M? I realize the G is more agile, but possibly not comparing the Gx vs the M Sport.

Thanks!!!
Geez - might have an M by the end of the week...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:31 PM
gypsyroma

um money???
Old 04-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Originally Posted by shredX
I have not even had my first oil change, and I'm thinking about the M35 Sport. In my situation, it would be about $200/month more. (M45 not an option)

I've read through the M section of this forum, and can not find any negative feedback. Is there any??? Sounds too good to be true.

Any buyer's remorse G vs M? I realize the G is more agile, but possibly not comparing the Gx vs the M Sport.

Thanks!!!
Shredx, you've got a great ride there in the x, man.......but if you must go to an M, you'll love it. Downsides are weight and money as you said... size is another factor..M is slightly larger but I like that.

I've not heard anything negative about either the 35 or 45.....if you don't mind the extra green, you'll love the ride.

G/L shopping the M.
C.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
ABQ_G35

Thanks!!!
If you had an '05 or previous X, I might agree you should trade, brakes being the reason, but I'd keep the '06, I love my '05 since it has the bigger, clean, brakes. When I traded my '04, I looked at the M35, but it was like you said, a couple of hundred more, I kept the same payment going from my '04 into my '05 G, and since I don't pay excise tax on a vehicle purchase, it was only like $700 to do it. My vote is keep the G35X! Who are you dealing with over there? LOL, don't tell them I tried to talk you out of it......
Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 PM
shredX

Nice. Not one bad thing. (like rattles or what ever)

Man, am I glad today was Sunday. If there would have been a salesperson, it would have been one serious impulse buy. I typed this thread right when I got home. That LP sport was was so sick. It took me a couple of hrs to stop obsessing.

~ time passes ~

ABQ you're right. My 06 is sweet. I can't complain about a thing. I guess I should give 'er at least a year. I'll prob just give 'er a personal touch & do a couple of minor mods. I'm gonna order the Grubbs Euro spoiler (w/o the brake light) I know you're in the market. Once it's on you're more than welcome to check it out in person.

M - Enjoy your ride. Know I do. One of these days I'll be posting in here...

Thanks guys.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Fassster10

The M is nice specially in white or black with chrome rims....but damn the price is off the charts...maybe in the nearfuture i would consider getting one, but as a lease
Old 04-24-2006, 12:23 AM
ABQ_G35

Man, am I glad today was Sunday. If there would have been a salesperson, it would have been one serious impulse buy. I typed this thread right when I got home. That LP sport was was so sick. It took me a couple of hrs to stop obsessing.

~ time passes ~

ABQ you're right. My 06 is sweet. I can't complain about a thing. I guess I should give 'er at least a year. I'll prob just give 'er a personal touch & do a couple of minor mods. I'm gonna order the Grubbs Euro spoiler (w/o the brake light) I know you're in the market. Once it's on you're more than welcome to check it out in person.

Thanks guys.
Hey, when you get that EuroSpoiler, let me know, I'd like to check out your car in person to see how it looks. LOL, be glad you didn't take it in the shorts by trading so soon. Let me know when you get it. Glad you're hangin' with the G for now! Impulse, is right, I put off even talking to anyone about the '05 for a couple of months, then decided right away after driving a loaner with no brake dust.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

~ time passes ~

Thanks guys.
Good plan, man. Like Tom says, it'll be expensive to trade so soon.....Besides, the next M in the showroom ('07 or '08) will probably have a 6A/T.!
Now that would be real nice....

Post up the spoiler when you get it. Maybe Tom will get one too for his G.

C.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

NO MT6! Nuff said...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
jcd

Since I have both in my garage, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...

I'm comparing two '06's (G35x vs M35x).

The interior of the M beats the G's hands down. Fit and finish are excellent and the M's interior is beautifully put together. It feels like a substantial car (for $51K, it should) and seats four in extreme comfort.

The M is definitely a road car, while the G is a sports sedan. I use the G to knock around town in (almost bought a coupe), love the AWD, it's crazy quick and it handles the dirt roads in Santa Fe without a complaint. The M has road trip duty. Anytime I'm going to spend over 2 hours at a time behind the wheel, I grab the key to the M. This car rocks on the highway (equipped with Nav, intelligent cruise, etc.)!

I've driven the G35x ('04) in deep snow, about 10-12", and it handled it without any hesitation...snow mode is awesome. The M feels "lighter" in bad weather (snow/ice), not as sure footed as the G. It could be the tires, both stock, Bridgestones on the G and Goodyear on the M. But, if I were traveling in a snow storm, I'd feel more comfortable in the G, as I would romping up the mountain to ski! The M just feels "sloppier" in the wet stuff, constantly struggling to keep traction. The G doesn't miss a beat.

The problems with the M have been a "buzz" from a rear shelf speaker grill and the gas tank had to be replaced (didn't fix the problem, still have to hold the nozzle to gas up the car). My '04 G35x was plagued with rattles, while my '06 is rock solid so far (knock on the M's wood trim!).

It's a luxury having both cars, but if I were to chose the "perfect" car, it would be a G35x with navigation, and I would not regret my decision.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:16 AM
shredX

Thanks for the responses. A 6MT would be sweet. I wonder if they'll end up with a 6AT as well??? That would be smooth.

jcd: best of both worlds. both cars. nice
M: best of both worlds. one car (M45) nice as well.

Spoiler should be in this week. I'll link to the pics once it's done.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
PeteV

Rattling

Thanks!!!
You might want to check out this thread for some concerns...

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/161594