The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

I test drove a 2013 M37 today (thoughts inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Don't care for the tech. I ordered my car with the premium . Sport . Sport touring.....hands down sport touring with the Bose surround sound is ok but the forest air purifier is the best system . ,my car smells like a new car still after 2 years
Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I agree, if you set the Bose up right it's just OK. I thought the Forest Air system would just be another marketing gimmic but it really does work and feels great when the A/C is on.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
SimpsonTide985

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
So does no one know anyone around that has the Technology Package?

and I thought it was just me, but the Bose audio in most cars just don't seem to provide the same punch as a Harman/Kardon or a Bang & Olufsen.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
2008G-Man

You will find this forum is not that active, I think there are only two of us that own the newer M's that participate. As far as Bose not equaling H/K or B/O .... no **** :-) (just teasing). I bought a 2012 Xterra Pro-X that has a Rockford Fosgate system and that blows the Bose away.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 PM
SimpsonTide985

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
You will find this forum is not that active, I think there are only two of us that own the newer M's that participate. As far as Bose not equaling H/K or B/O .... no **** :-) (just teasing). I bought a 2012 Xterra Pro-X that has a Rockford Fosgate system and that blows the Bose away.
Well, it's kinda unfair because there are less expensive/equally competitive cars out there with B/O and HK systems. I love music in my car and I'd hate to have to butcher my car to improve on its audio, especially in a car $50K+
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 AM
djkmac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985
Well, it's kinda unfair because there are less expensive/equally competitive cars out there with B/O and HK systems. I love music in my car and I'd hate to have to butcher my car to improve on its audio, especially in a car $50K+
Depends what kind of music you like. Bose sounds great with jazz/classical music but lacks bass for hip hop/ drum and bass/ house music. As for the tech package, I did test a jx with it on and thought it was rather annoying. I personally don't like things driving for me and everything beeping telling you what your doing wrong. (I have a wife for that)
Old 06-01-2013, 07:59 AM
SimpsonTide985

Originally Posted by djkmac
Depends what kind of music you like. Bose sounds great with jazz/classical music but lacks bass for hip hop/ drum and bass/ house music. As for the tech package, I did test a jx with it on and thought it was rather annoying. I personally don't like things driving for me and everything beeping telling you what your doing wrong. (I have a wife for that)
You know, you're right about that. I don't know why, but Bose sound systems tend to be calibrated for a certain kind of music, which makes things difficult because my taste in music couldn't have a larger range. Some songs sound great but others, the audio because either too "bassy" or too "tinny"

Anyway, no matter what car I keep researching and test driving, I keep coming back to the M in my mind for some reason. I think I have a very emotional connection to this particular car.

I've loved the Infiniti M line since 2006 and I'm strongly thinking about looking for a pre-owned Infiniti M to buy once my lease is up on my G37 (in fact I found a perfect one 2 hours away (loaded 2012 Malbec Black), but I might be not be close enough to the end of my lease to avoid a termination penalty?).

The G37 is a great car but I think the Infiniti M has a level of comfort, luxury, and sophistication that really appeals to me that other cars don't seem to have.

I'd rather find a pre-owned 2012 M37 for $30k than lease a Q50 at $50k.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Update: I'm about to Pull the Trigger on a new 2013 M37X: Storm Front Gray w/ Java Deluxe Interior. The Pull Ahead program was just revived this week. The Dealers have been calling and emailing to get me into a new M. I've shopped for a number of cars during the past 2 months or so. It's tiring, and the car makers have this down to a science. It's very hard to isolate the Best deal. Closest to the overall "Most Car for the Money" IMO, the 2013 Acura TL SH_AWD w/ Technology package. Not to insult the Acura owners ou there, but it just doesn't attract me. The Interior is too Hondaish... But a quality car it is. Handles very well, good acceleration and with a solid 6AT, less hesitancy, better reactive Tranny. An offer to Buy a new one for $37,600 (there may be a bit more room), and 1.9% - 60 month financing, NJ Dealer (60 miles away from me), has made this a very tempting avenue.

I'm almost thinking to go this route, and in 2 years, and the car doesn't grow on me, trade it in and get a CPO Audi A-6 3.0T....That's a real driver's car. I didn't really think that the difference between the Japanese and German cars at this level could that great, after driving Acuras, Gs, and Ms, there IS a difference in the drive.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
2008G-Man

I got a TL as a loaner car when we brought my daughters RDX in for service. I felt they were trying to hard to make it like a fighter cockpit, way too busy for my tastes.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Almatti

I did Pull The Trigger and got the 2013 M37x. Premium and Deluxe Touring packages. I don't need all the features of the technology package, BUT having the Blind Side Monitoring would have been nice as a separate item (like Audi's Drive assist). Side Mirror lane change Blinkers and LED (subtle, not overdone) would have been nce added touches too. I'm still figuring out the Fresh Air feature of the Deluxe Touring Package- it is different then same old Auto Climate Control. Oh yeah: the climate controlled seats are nice, but IMO, the small buttons that control the temps (warm or cool) are poorly marked. They should be more clearly marked making it easier to see.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Almatti

The new 2013 M37X

With just over 2 weeks of ownership and driving the car, I'm Lovin' It. The car is better than I expected. Not perfect, as no car is, but it is pretty damn close. A complete Bargain and major bang for the buck.

I took the Entire Care Protection package which includes exterior paint protectorant (Armour Protection paint treatment), interior leather dressing, Tires and wheels coverage , insurance for chips, dents, etc, damage to the interior (stains, rips, etc), roadside assistance (Infiniti provides that anyway), for the life of the lease. The product applied to the exterior paint is awesome!! The Black Obsidian never shined so brilliantly. I mean it's really noticeable. Many folks have stopped me at my POB (in Long Island), to comment on it.

The ride, handling, power Train (which I feared since it was the same as my 2010 G37X which was way too quirky & hesitant), the overall "Feel" of the car, and the beautiful Stone Deluxe Touring Interior, has delivered me from temptation from the Bimmers and Audis. This car, so far, has made me wanting to get into the car and drive.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
SimpsonTide985

Awesome man. Glad to hear it!

You post any pics?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
I did Pull The Trigger and got the 2013 M37x. Premium and Deluxe Touring packages. I don't need all the features of the technology package, BUT having the Blind Side Monitoring would have been nice as a separate item (like Audi's Drive assist). Side Mirror lane change Blinkers and LED (subtle, not overdone) would have been nce added touches too. I'm still figuring out the Fresh Air feature of the Deluxe Touring Package- it is different then same old Auto Climate Control. Oh yeah: the climate controlled seats are nice, but IMO, the small buttons that control the temps (warm or cool) are poorly marked. They should be more clearly marked making it easier to see.
Put it this way I change my in cabin filter every 6mo and my car smells like a new car still. I leave the settings to more fresh air than recirculating under forest air settings. To me the plasma luster air purifier is the best bang for the buck in the touring package especially with my bad allergies during April thru July
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Almatti

Simpson....Thanks for the compliment. I'm not adept at posting digital photos on the forum. Maybe you can help me out with that process. I'm surprised at myself for at 62 years old, I have always been a Techie kind of guy (with smost of the past technologies anyway). Kind of lost touch recently with other stuff.

For what it's worth: I was talked into the Entire Lease Care package which included the Entire Car protection (Auto Armor and Interior protection products applied). I have never had a car shine as brilliantly as my Car. I have never had any car of mine professionally detailed so it's hard to make the comparison. Is it just this newer Armour Protection product (check out the web site for the demos that are conducted at various car dealerships around the country.....The environmental protection product seems amazing - as are the salesman aas they watch what they do to the cars after applying the product). The web site is: http://www.ecpinc.net/faqs.asp?C0=181.

Check out this Utube video about Auto Armor protection :

Last edited by Almatti; 08-01-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:33 PM
SimpsonTide985

Originally Posted by Almatti
Simpson....Thanks for the compliment. I'm not adept at posting digital photos on the forum. Maybe you can help me out with that process. I'm surprised at myself for at 62 years old, I have always been a Techie kind of guy (with smost of the past technologies anyway). Kind of lost touch recently with other stuff.
The photos that you have..

Are they on your phone or a digital camera? Have you uploaded or transferred the photos to a computer?

Quick Reply: I test drove a 2013 M37 today (thoughts inside)