The FX-Spot General discussion for the FX35/FX45

Mad at Infiniti over FX paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:00 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well finally some people that are reasonable and plesent to deal with. Below are the e-mails I got from infiniti canada and go auto(own ericksen infiniti.) and my replies to them.

Hi Stephen,
I will gladly try to call your wife again today. When she returned the phone call I was in the hospital. I will definitely look into what has taken place and can assure you that there has been no discussion or clearance from me for any legal action. We need to find a solution for this situation that will make you happy. I will be checking in to what is going on and get back to you.
Sincerely,
Del BouckVice President, Fixed Operations Go Auto

HEy Del;

Hope you are healthy nere good to hear someone is in the hospital. Basically After gettng a bit of a run around with the first attempt to fix the paint issue. and some rather nasty e-mails from the service manager, I just want the work that is going to be done to fix this in writing. And they are simply not doing this. As I am in Russia and the wife is finding this a bit to stressful to deal with I resorted to the internet to share my experiance. I really just want the work to be done in writing and maybe an appology from Dwayne to my wife. I don't care about me I got big sholders. My wife has called the service depart ment to day but only got voice mail and requesed that the work on the FX stop until i get it in writing. Any help you could be would be great. Not trying to be unreasonable but just trying to cover my but this time.

thanks again;
Stephen Humby

Dear Mr. Humby:

I have spoken briefly with your wife today for further details about the vehicle’s drop off on Monday and what she has been advised by the dealership. We wanted to inform you that we will be reviewing your situation with the dealership and plan to update you once more information is available.

Should you have any questions in the interim, please feel free to send me an email as I will be taking care of your file. Thank you for your update, we are committed to your satisfaction and look forward to a resolution shortly.

Yours very truly,

Dawn Tuplin

Consumer Relations Representative

Nissan Canada Inc.

Dawn;

Thanks for looking into this for me. Wife said you were very good to deal with on the phone. I got Melissa to call Ericksen and ask that all work on the FX be stoped until i get the work in writing. After the first time and the service manager saying I was calling their body shop guy a lier, i figured it best that I get this in writing this time so there would be no confusion. Looking forward to your e-mail and hope you can help a bit. Too bad Ericksen is the only Infniti dealer in Edmonton. Because after looking on line I am not the only one with bad dealing with them. Glad Infiniti deals well with their customers even if the dealer does not.

Regards;
Stephen Humby

Will see where it goes from here
Old 07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
shumby

Well how about this for fast: reply from Del;

Hi Stephen,

You will have to forgive me as I am coming in on the middle of these conversations. I understand that you wanted the following questions answered and these are the responses that I received. I am sorry that things have been so complicated. Could you please give me further information in regard to the last question about trim scratches, so that I can see to it that these are being rectified?

Sincerely,

Del

Hi Del,

This is what Mr. Humby would like to know:

- What will be painted?

- The left mirror base,left front fender, left front door & left A-pillar will be painted.

- What type of paint are they using?

The paint that will be used is BASF Onyx paint.

- The paint that will be used is BASF Onyx paint.

- Assurance that the scratch guard clear coat will be used.

- The clear that will be used is BASF Glasurit (Clear 923-109 & Hardener 929-91)

- How will we fix the mirror?

- The mirror will be painted.

- How they are going to fix the scratches caused by us on the trim.

- I'm not sure what trim is scratched. Jared in parts told me that a shift **** was ordered and billed to new car sales department and the customer was to install it himself. I would rather install it here just to make things right.

Dr. Del Bouck, BRE BEd MEd PhD

Vice President, Fixed Operations

and this too

Hi Stephen,

I just sent you the responses that I received in regard to your vehicle. I am assured that things will be done correctly. In fact I haven’t seen a situation like this in a long time. At this time I do not know if the vehicle is being worked on yet as I have not had the opportunity to do any further investigating. I realize that you may be having troubles trusting us as a result of your experience and I am sorry for that. I will seek to help you get the repairs done in an appropriate manner. Take Care.

Dr. Del Bouck, BRE BEd MEd PhD

Vice President, Fixed Operations

| T direct: 780.462.4328 |cell: 780.499.4502

well done on Go Auto. Thanks for deling with this Del.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Stems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen to that, at least the right people are finally coming through on this whole saga.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 PM
shumby

Well guys I got a bit of a story to tell;

I was sowing and SES light on the G. I was 90% sure it was the o2 sensor. Wife made an appoointment to get it checked At ericksen today. I told her to expect to pay to get the code pulled as I have HFC and after what I went through I doubt that they will cover it under warrenty.

Well I was wrong. They told my wife that the code was the 02 sensor and that not only were they covering it underwarrenty but they made an appointment for tuesday to get the car and install a non-fouler free of charge for us.

I would like to publicly than Ericksen for doing this and I am very satified with the efforts they are going through now to try and make my past experiance better.

Like I have always said I don't hold a grudge and I see now neither do they.

As well the FX is finishd today. Wife is going to pick it up at 3:30 and Del the VP of go Auto will meet her there to make sure it is done right and all the issues were delt with.

Thanks agin Ericksen for making this right. I hope we can continue to have this good relationship in the future.

I will update the O2 sensor issue and the details of the wifes pick up of the FX tomorrow .
Old 07-29-2009, 03:47 AM
shumby

OK 02 sensor issue wife dropped the car off then installed their non-foulers and ON the 30 min drive back home no SES light. And they covered it under warrenty. Soo that is good news

She goes to pick up the FX at 2:30 and will meet with Del the VP of the group that ownes the dealer.

Will update tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:48 AM
shumby

E-mail from my wife

car pick up went well it was really dirty from paint dust and they were told to tell me not to wash it for a while and so they didn;t touch it either. Fender and door and piller seemed to look good no swirles, plastic piece by window they are ordering to replace because it has scratches still. Del said he told them but it was too late by the time they got emails and such but not to worry they would look after it. But they said they would order it in not a problem. 3M they said no problem to get it done at your buddies, just bring in the bill and they will cut you a check in finance but don't do it for at least 4-6 weeks. Del guy was short but really nice apologized several times. said to say hi and that you sounded like a really nice person. he even said something about taking the fx to some place to get a protective coating or soemthing. anyway i will be able to see more in a week when i get to wash it. right now i am ust gonna leave it sit o the paint and clear coat harden.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Everything sounds good. I just think they should have done it earlier. Has anyone got fired yet?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM
supracrazy

Forget that, after that jackass sent me the rude email I would have put a stop payment on it and gave them back their truck.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
nogoodname
Banned

shumby has no choice but to be patient b/c he's on the other side of the planet
Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

...in the middle of the Ocean.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
nogoodname
Banned

hunting for oil for me to burn
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

to stimulate the Canadian economy...
Old 08-01-2009, 10:46 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
WOW... Glad that this eventually turned out well however.