The FX-Spot General discussion for the FX35/FX45

2008 FX 37 to Debut at 2008 Geneva Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
N50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 FX 37 to Debut at 2008 Geneva Auto Show

Today, the vice president and general manager of Infiniti, Mr.Mark Igo, announced at the G37 press conference that the FX series SUV will be completely redesigned and will make its debut at Geneva Auto Show.

The FX 37 will join it brothers Infiniti G37 and Infiniti M37. It will have a 3.7 liter like the one on G37 coupe.

The Infiniti FX is a mid-size luxury crossover SUV produced by Japanese automaker Infiniti since the 2003 model year. The FX replaced the QX4 as Infiniti’s mid-size luxury SUV, despite being larger than its predecessor. It was released at the same time as its competitors, the Porsche Cayenne and Volvo XC90. It shares the same platform as the Nissan 350Z, whereas the similarly-sized Nissan Murano is based on the Nissan Altima platform.
http://4wheelsblog.com/released/infi...neva-auto-show

Not much info yet, but if I can find more, I'll post it. I'm very curious as to what the new FX will have in store.

Last edited by N50; 07-25-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
rookie
Widebody what?!?!

Me too. Hope it does not get too large.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:01 AM
bruddahmanmatt

Umm, you mean '09 FX. The '08s are already being sold and are identical to the '07s save for standard XM Radio and some shuffling of the available paint options.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
N50

Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Umm, you mean '09 FX. The '08s are already being sold and are identical to the '07s save for standard XM Radio and some shuffling of the available paint options.
'08, '09, whatever...it'll be the next body style.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
N50

More Information...

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/infinit...0-ar40452.html

At 2008 Geneva Motor Show, Infiniti will unveil completely redesigned FX. The FX will compete with Volkswagen Touareg, Porsche Cayenne and Lexus RX.

The 2009 FX will be available in two different choices: the FX37 and the FX50. As you suspect already one will be powered by a 3.7 liter and the other by a 5.0 liter engine.

The FX37 wil be powered by the same 3.7 liter VQ-series V6 engine engine used in the G37 Coupe and will deliver 300 hp. The FX50 will be powered by a 5.0 liter engine with an output of 390 hp and 369 lbs-ft.
The new VQ37VHR, first used in the G37 Coupe is based on the award-winning VQ engine series, named one of the "Ten Best Engines" by Ward’s Auto World magazine for 13 consecutive years. next to a bigger output, the FX37 will also use the new VVEL system which combines hydraulic-controlled variable valve timing and electronically controlled variable valve lift on the intake side to help improve performance and response. The VVEL system is also expected to improve emissions and fuel efficiency.

The 2009 FX will have the same dimensions as the current FX. Infiniti will use materials that will reduce weight, this is why the up-coming FX will be faster compared to the current model.

The biggest changes will be made to the front of the car. The exterior will be more sporty and modern.

The exterior highlights will include flowing front fender curves, expressive front fascia with Infiniti’s signature double-arch grille and L-shaped High-Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights with integrated fog lamps. Also the rear will feature large LED taillights – an Infiniti trademark, refined rear bumper and an integrated RearView Monitor camera. The camera will help you to have a 360 degree view of what was around you.

Two of the most modern features included in the upcoming FX are: Slow moving traffic cruise control, meaning that the car will slow down and speed up based on the car in front of you and mirrors that will auto adjust when you move in the seat.
I don't know how accurate this information will be but we'll find out pretty soon.

I think the current body style is pretty modern if you ask me.

Last edited by N50; 07-27-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 PM
GixxerSteve

The two most significant things I found in the article were:
The 2009 FX will have the same dimensions as the current FX.
There has been a lot of speculation that the new FX will be bigger because the EX is taking the place of the smaller crossover, and some people said it was because they needed more room to fit a third row in the back, which is still unproven at this point. This tells us that the new FX will be the same size as the current FX.

The exterior highlights will include flowing front fender curves, expressive front fascia with Infiniti’s signature double-arch grille and L-shaped High-Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights with integrated fog lamps. Also the rear will feature large LED taillights – an Infiniti trademark
So basically (and proven by the sketches), the new FX will have a smaller G35 looking grill and G35 style headlamps, and M35 tail lamps in the rear. I also don't like the fact that they are integrating the fog light into the headlamp, which is going to render it useless because the FX is such a tall vehicle. What they hell were the Infiniti designers thinking!!??
Old 07-28-2007, 07:53 PM
N50

Originally Posted by GixxerSteve
The two most significant things I found in the article were:
There has been a lot of speculation that the new FX will be bigger because the EX is taking the place of the smaller crossover, and some people said it was because they needed more room to fit a third row in the back, which is still unproven at this point. This tells us that the new FX will be the same size as the current FX.

So basically (and proven by the sketches), the new FX will have a smaller G35 looking grill and G35 style headlamps, and M35 tail lamps in the rear. I also don't like the fact that they are integrating the fog light into the headlamp, which is going to render it useless because the FX is such a tall vehicle. What they hell were the Infiniti designers thinking!!??
I noticed you replied in the same manner on the .org. I totally agree with you. The FX should NOT have integrated fog lights.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
bruddahmanmatt

Dude, you haven't even seen the actual car yet. Everything posted is purely speculation at this point. The EX has separate fog lights as does the updated '08 M. It wouldn't be the first time an automotive "news" sight got a few of the "details" wrong.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 AM
N50

Dude, you haven't even seen the actual car yet. Everything posted is purely speculation at this point. The EX has separate fog lights as does the updated '08 M. It wouldn't be the first time an automotive "news" sight got a few of the "details" wrong.
If your are referring to me with this post then I'm sorry that my sharing of information has truly offended you in some way. No, I don't know whether any information from topspeed is true or not. There are plenty of inconsistencies throughout this article in comparison to the current model. I'm sure the new FX will have separate foglights...it is only logical. There is no way I or anyone else will know what's true and what isn't until the car is released. Until then, if you don't care for speculation, then don't read this thread and don't post. It is as simple as that. I didn't realize sharing articles/opinions/speculation would cause problems.

Last edited by N50; 07-29-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:16 AM
bruddahmanmatt

Originally Posted by N50
If your are referring to me with this post then I'm sorry that my sharing of information has truly offended you in some way. No, I don't know whether any information from topspeed is true or not. There are plenty of inconsistencies throughout this article in comparison to the current model. I'm sure the new FX will have separate foglights...it is only logical. There is no way I or anyone else will know what's true and what isn't until the car is released. Until then, if you don't care for speculation, then don't read this thread and don't post. It is as simple as that. I didn't realize sharing articles/opinions/speculation would cause problems.
I didn't realize sharing articles/opinions/speculation would cause problems. Oh wait, you already said that. If you don't like MY opinion well too bad buddy. I have just as much of a right to post here as you do whether the heck you agree with or like what I have to say. Then again you did throw a little hissy fit a few posts ago when all I did was correct you about it being the '09s that were getting the makeover and not the '08s. Unwind your panties and enjoy life.

And no I wasn't talking to you in my previous post which pretty much makes your post moot.

Last edited by bruddahmanmatt; 07-29-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:22 AM
N50

Then again you did throw a little hissy fit a few posts ago when all I did was correct you about it being the '09s that were getting the makeover and not the '08s.
Just because I typed the word "whatever", you think I was having a hissy fit?? hahahaha. That's a joke, right?

I have just as much of a right to post here as you do whether the heck you agree with or like what I have to say.
This is true for you and every other person registered on this forum.

Unwind your panties and enjoy life.
I certainly am, thank you. More than most I believe. Though I'm glad that you're concerned for my well being.

Last edited by N50; 07-29-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:27 AM
GEE35FX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by N50
http://4wheelsblog.com/released/infi...neva-auto-show

Not much info yet, but if I can find more, I'll post it. I'm very curious as to what the new FX will have in store.
Good stuff Alex, thanks we appreciate the info, keep it coming
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 AM
cyco

lol - last drawing, Infinity FX.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 AM
N50

Originally Posted by cyco
lol - last drawing, Infinity FX.
LOL, no joke. Which is why, even though this is the only information out (that I can find), it doesn't seem credible. At all.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:42 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's about time that Nissan redesigned the FX. This body has had a long and successful 6 or so year run.

I'm anxious to see the final design....

Quick Reply: 2008 FX 37 to Debut at 2008 Geneva Auto Show