Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

Vendor Status elite dry carbon fiber rear diffuser completed!! With pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
SubSurface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Status Elite
I forgot to mention that we had the diffuser sitting on the top of the exhaust during the drive from norcal to socal. No blemishes whatsoever. Diffuser does not melt or distort
If the diffuser was found to be sitting on top of the exhaust during the drive, doesn't that say something about the fitment and adhesion of the diffuser to the underside of the bumper? I would think that with precise fitment and firm attachment, the diffuser would not be held up by the exhaust tips.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnn
Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SubSurface
If the diffuser was found to be sitting on top of the exhaust during the drive, doesn't that say something about the fitment and adhesion of the diffuser to the underside of the bumper? I would think that with precise fitment and firm attachment, the diffuser would not be held up by the exhaust tips.
I think what he meant was : Since the tanabe exhaust tips sits the closest to the bumper, and all the heat from the tips after 6+ hour drive from SoCal to NorCal, the diffuser held up with no issues of melting. As for the fitment of the diffuser, it has no issues from what i saw this weekend.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
pfizzle

I highly doubt SE would release a diffuser that rests above the exhaust.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
SubSurface

Originally Posted by Status Elite
I forgot to mention that we had the diffuser sitting on the top of the exhaust during the drive from norcal to socal. No blemishes whatsoever. Diffuser does not melt or distort

^^^

Read Status Elite's statement.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
paulg35s

The diffuser looks great! I do have some questions about the cf being dry though.
In this picture:
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/DSC_0810.jpg
The weave doesn't look like it is aligned on the upper left. It looks more like hand layed cf. Also, in some of the pictures, it looks like there is a fiber backing instead of it being pure cf. Is this a semi-dry cf, or 100% dry cf? Last question, I noticed that you mention that there is no clear coat on the diffusers, but the light seems to be reflecting off it like there was clear coat on it. I know that dry cf usually costs twice as much as wet, but I just want to make sure that this is 100% Dry CF and not Semi-Dry before laying down the cash.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:15 PM
C@ciQ

What bout the fitment on Fast Intentions?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So why do we only have absolutely horrible night shots of this thing? Cummon now!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Team Punisher

Maybe its just me but $600 and change for that is way to hi. on the up side i'm going to do my HOOD!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Da Hashi

okay I have a question....i have Greddy's and have a huge empty area where the stock exhaust was.....i want a rear diffuser that also covers that area.....make it for me...any ideas....let Lou know what you think thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any close up day pics?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SubSurface
Yep, we finished trimming the diffuser around 8-9pm at night and and was in a rush to do a quick install so we could head out to Los Angeles immediately. We applied the adhesive on all the wrong sections of the diffuser, and did not bolt down the diffuser. During the drive all the way to Southern California and to Extreme Auto Fest roll-in, the diffuser was resting on top of our Tanabe exhaust. We removed the diffuser early morning of the show and re-applied adhesive to the correct positions. Pictures from Extreme Auto Fest under Media Share were those with new adhesive reapplied.

Originally Posted by paulg35s
The diffuser looks great! I do have some questions about the cf being dry though.
In this picture:
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/DSC_0810.jpg
The weave doesn't look like it is aligned on the upper left. It looks more like hand layed cf. Also, in some of the pictures, it looks like there is a fiber backing instead of it being pure cf. Is this a semi-dry cf, or 100% dry cf? Last question, I noticed that you mention that there is no clear coat on the diffusers, but the light seems to be reflecting off it like there was clear coat on it. I know that dry cf usually costs twice as much as wet, but I just want to make sure that this is 100% Dry CF and not Semi-Dry before laying down the cash.
I'm not sure which section you have a concern with, please circle picture and I can answer that for you. Our dry carbon is hand laid with pre-preg carbon fiber, which is different from what you may be thinking, such as "wet laid" carbon fiber. This is the first piece that we popped out of the mold sort of as a prototype, but production diffusers have the same structure but higher quality. It is 100% dry carbon. No fiberglass backing at all. If you see the back on any of our carbon fiber, you will be able to see the weaves and feel it too . The reason why our dry carbon has a very appealing reflective outer layer, is because of the perfection of our mold making technology. Our molds are made very very glossy and reflective so our products come out a mirror image shine. No clearcoat at all! Yes, 100% dry carbon fiber that is vacuum bagged then AUTOCLAVED.

The industry for carbon fiber has just revolutionized very recently. What used to only be exclusive to the aerospace, F1 motorsports, military grade, ect. pertraining to carbon fiber, has now slowly creeped into the more affordable automotive industry. Although this technology has expanded, there are very very very few manufactures that specialize in process in which we undergoe.

A few key points of our process:
-We use Pre-Preg dry carbon
-Perfection of Mold making technology
-Extensive research on composites for molds to compensate for thermal heat expansion
-Autoclave Technology which cures our dry carbon at up to 350 degrees so no damage will result under those temperatures
-100% dry carbon products. No fiberglass or backing material
-No clearcoat
-UV additive to protect against sunlight and help prevent damage such has yellowing
-Epoxy Resin

Originally Posted by C@ciQ
What bout the fitment on Fast Intentions?
Have not test fitted on that exhaust. But Tanabe has a very tight gap between exhaust tips and rear bumper. I cannot confirm your fitment, but I would think if anything clears the Tanabe's then it will clear most other exhausts.

Originally Posted by Da Hashi
okay I have a question....i have Greddy's and have a huge empty area where the stock exhaust was.....i want a rear diffuser that also covers that area.....make it for me...any ideas....let Lou know what you think thanks
Show me the gap you are talking about.

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Any close up day pics?
Ok I will snap more pictures Danny

Great questions guys, let me know if you guys have any other questions.

Kevin

Last edited by Status Elite; 05-06-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Da Hashi

you can see the area on Amplified web site.....thats my G with the Greddy
Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Do you have the diffuser mounted on any color G, like IP mayb?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:12 PM
paulg35s

Here is what I was referring to. I was also under the impression that you don't hand lay dry cf?

Last edited by paulg35s; 05-06-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Vendor Status elite dry carbon fiber rear diffuser completed!! With pictures!!