Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

MAGDEN COMPUTER M1 available at www.amplifiedmotorsport.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MAGDEN COMPUTER M1 available at www.amplifiedmotorsport.com

M.1b Performance Computer
This Performance Computer comes ready to show you a variety of data channels your vehicle has but which the factory doesn't show you. See some critical data channels that aren’t available with standard gauges. For example; Ignition Timing, Throttle Position and Air Intake temperature are just a few seen on most vehicles. Please check the application guide to confirm validation of your vehicle.

Choose your gauge layout and then choose which five data channels to view. Keep the customization going by choosing which skin to have on that layout. Don't stop there, now choose your indicator colors and even your gauge text color. You have many choices to pick from, so go ahead, get creative!

Packaged in a compact case, the installation is easy. Connect the four cables and you're ready to experience a new vehicle interface. No more cluttered interior or challenging installation to see data!

This unit is expandable and comes ready to upgrade, if desired. The DVI / LVDS video card or Additional Sensor card can be added.

MSRP: $649.00
Part Number: M1P1-0001

Contents:

M.1b Performance Computer.
OBD-II cable.
Cigarette Adapter Power Cable.
1GB USB Memory Stick (Owner’s Manual loaded on it).
Quick Start Guide.
Features:
Loaded with 3 gauge layouts; Secants, Datalab and Traditional.
Choose any 5 gauges to view per layout.
10 different skins to choose from.
See various OEM data channels, please check your vehicle on the applications page to see available channels.
Unit of measure choice for selected gauges.
See computed data channels, such as; Gear Position, Dynamic Horsepower and Torque, and real time Fuel Mileage.
Data logs the channels your choice of channels.
Replays the data-logged session on the screen.
Exports the session as a .CSV file for viewing on any computer.
Outputs your choice of VGA, S-Video or Composite video to accommodate various LCD screens. A DVI and LVDS video card upgrade is available.
Benefits:
Quick connections and easy installation.
Compact size with expandability.
Minimal power consumption.
Graphics can match most interior color schemes.
The M.1 and a touch screen will eliminate a cluttered interior.
Provides access to vehicle efficiency and critical functions.
Choose data channels to focus on your driving style.
Using the M.1 with a USB touch-screen results in quick and easy customization.
Works with most common in-vehicle video screens.

link: http://magden-auto.com/products/1

Sample Pictures: Excuse my camera skills, not the greatest.

Name:  Picture1187.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  65.1 KB
Name:  Picture1190.jpg
Size:  70.7 KB
Name:  Picture1195.jpg
Size:  73.5 KB
Name:  Picture1194.jpg
Size:  61.9 KB

For a limited time, special introductory price of $569 plus actual shipping. They are very firm on selling this at full retail but i was able to convice them to do a introductory price for a short time. I need 10 people to commit before i can do this price.

here's the link from BBOYSTEELS REVIEW : https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=magden

More info available on another thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture-share-g-coupe/183520-magden-computer-for-g37.html

Special thanks to Magnus and Jonathan from Magden for making this happen

Last edited by Lou@Amplified; 11-19-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:31 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
can this pull SES codes?
Old 09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to see this thread Lou. I sent you a PM awhile ago but didn't get one back and called the shop but no one picked up. I guess I can try again this week.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Glad to see this thread Lou. I sent you a PM awhile ago but didn't get one back and called the shop but no one picked up. I guess I can try again this week.
I was waiting to see how many more i should order. I know you were interested and at least 4 guys on the forum have already contacted me on getting one.

If you want to order them now, you can. As i've done in the past, i won't charge your credit card until we get the items in. I should be getting them in by this week. I just need to finalize how many orders i should be placing.

By the way, i forgot to mention that this can be moved and used on different cars with OBII harness, you can either use it with an independent monitor or if your car is equipped with one.

order away guys, you won't regret it
Old 09-02-2008, 12:03 PM
rossab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm guessing it's connected to the composite video connection of the nav screen. Which means you'd have to do a bypass if you wanted real time info while driving.

If we get any news from cobb on the AP coming available, I'm in for one.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
willizm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rossab
i'm guessing it's connected to the composite video connection of the nav screen. Which means you'd have to do a bypass if you wanted real time info while driving.

If we get any news from cobb on the AP coming available, I'm in for one.
I would also be interested if data can be pulled from this to send to technosquare or cobb for a custom map. A cigarette lighter is the power source. Can we please find another way to limit the amount of cables strung about. I would like one of these, but I want it to be completely stealth in the car(except the display of course.) sounds like you got a cable going to the obdII, cigarette lighter, and av inputs.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by willizm
I would also be interested if data can be pulled from this to send to technosquare or cobb for a custom map. A cigarette lighter is the power source. Can we please find another way to limit the amount of cables strung about. I would like one of these, but I want it to be completely stealth in the car(except the display of course.) sounds like you got a cable going to the obdII, cigarette lighter, and av inputs.
There is a way to keep everything stealth, you can hard wire the video output and the power source(cigarette lighter plug) execpt for the OBDII which you can run under the dash anyway.

As for COBB, if your in UTAH, please email joe@cobbtunning.com. They need a few more G37'S to test before they can release the AP
Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Scoobyj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW ! ! !
Old 09-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

bump
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Got a few left for the special price
Old 10-06-2008, 10:57 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

I should have mine installed in a week so I will have a review on it as well soon.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:31 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Hey Lou, what screen setting are you using for the best picture? I am wondering if you messed around with this yet instead of using the default.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

I haven't had a chance to mess with mine. I'm using the G37 option under settings. When Jonathan was checking most of the screen settings on my car, they decided that the settings they saved under the G37 option under initial setting was the best fit for our screen. Is yours all done and working?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice prroduct, bump. If i knew how to bypass my screen or know anyone who could i would jump on this
Old 10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ampdG37
I haven't had a chance to mess with mine. I'm using the G37 option under settings. When Jonathan was checking most of the screen settings on my car, they decided that the settings they saved under the G37 option under initial setting was the best fit for our screen. Is yours all done and working?
The bypass is not quite working yet. I will be taking it back to the shop that installed it for me early next week. Unfortunately I cannot do some of the setup stuff unless the bypass is in place like the gear ratio stuff.

This thing is GREAT from the little that I have seen. A review will be up as soon as the bypass is corrected. I don't really want to write a review until I have seen it in action and have tested the logging, etc.

Quick Reply: MAGDEN COMPUTER M1 available at www.amplifiedmotorsport.com