Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Product bashing or differences of opinion are always going to happen. Its just like back in the day comparing Nike and Reebok basketball shoes.....each is own in what you want to buy. I think the Injen bashing arose from their "claimed" dyno numbers. I know as a consumer, I would be a lil upset if I was misled to these numbers. If they would have simply claimed hp of up to 10, than Im sure things would be cool. Everyone knows ways of "cheating" the system to get high numbers but so far the proof has been w the private dynos done by forum members. Everyone that dynoed these intakes, arent getting paid by these manufacturers. They spent their own money and dynoed because they wanted to know the facts. Im sure the Injen guys are disappointed w the dyno numbers, but are probably still happy w their purchases, and the same for the JWT guys. Im not biased towards any product, we sell the JWT, Fujita, and the Injen as well. At the end of the night when its all said and done, it really comes down to personal preference. If a consumer feels that the Injen sounds cooler, has a fancier look, and is worth the extra money....than thats cool. If a consumer wants to spend the least amount and get the best peformance and feels JWT is the way to go....than thats cool too.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:49 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said... makes me wanna buy more stuff from you guys!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:51 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hpauto
Product bashing or differences of opinion are always going to happen. Its just like back in the day comparing Nike and Reebok basketball shoes.....each is own in what you want to buy. I think the Injen bashing arose from their "claimed" dyno numbers. I know as a consumer, I would be a lil upset if I was misled to these numbers. If they would have simply claimed hp of up to 10, than Im sure things would be cool. Everyone knows ways of "cheating" the system to get high numbers but so far the proof has been w the private dynos done by forum members. Everyone that dynoed these intakes, arent getting paid by these manufacturers. They spent their own money and dynoed because they wanted to know the facts. Im sure the Injen guys are disappointed w the dyno numbers, but are probably still happy w their purchases, and the same for the JWT guys. Im not biased towards any product, we sell the JWT, Fujita, and the Injen as well. At the end of the night when its all said and done, it really comes down to personal preference. If a consumer feels that the Injen sounds cooler, has a fancier look, and is worth the extra money....than thats cool. If a consumer wants to spend the least amount and get the best peformance and feels JWT is the way to go....than thats cool too.
Both products are great, atleast we have a variety and diverse selection of products, and doesn't that sound like something we live in? The U.S. sure as hell seems like that to me.

Unless your an dyno expert and have been in the field for YEARS, then please don't claim that Injen is going to produce more than JWT. The numbers are there, live by it and shut up.

If you want to prove that JWT is a fail and Injen is better, than by all means go ahead and do a bone stock dyno with Injen only.

Enough of the bashing and stupid dumb comments man, people choose their intakes for certain reasons. I picked this because of what I have heard from previous G owners and that is all I could afford as of right now.

BTW good speech Andy lol
Old 07-27-2008, 11:59 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That said and all.. let's get back to the science... that's what we're really debating. Fact is the G as with most modern cars these days doesn't leave alot of room to design a good CAI. It would appear there are two basic truths to intake design, shorter and cooler is better then longer and hotter right? Therefore, the best CAI for the G would need to come with a custom hood with vents, ram air scoop with diffuser if you want to get real serious. Imagine horizontal foam sealed venturis that seal when the hood is down to vents which are designed to pass air, not water. Not only would you get the best intake possible, but it would look awesome with the hood down as well. The bad, cost of course although not to far over a grand, you don't need 5 feet of piping. It would be an interesting partnership if Ingen partnered with one of the CF hood manufactures to make this happen. The other possible bad, is what are the gains..it had better be +14Hp to make it worth it. I'd rather doubt it would...Soooo.. were back to JWT FTW and the license plate frame.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 07-28-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:41 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JLai
And that is a fine example of a ban wagon fan. "But I heard..."
And thats a perfect example of selective quoting, you seemed to have missed one post mister...

Originally Posted by AZg37
I changed it the first time I nearly got 3rd degree burns from my metal intake tubes! Our engines in this car are like furnaces. Rubber intake tubes FTW!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM
sredish

you are all forgetting one major difference the JWT has that the others don't... you can compare tube lengths to plastic to this and that but we all agree the stock intake is pretty good. However, there is one way you can increase flow and velocity, therefore adding power and it's by using a venturi to flow and speed up the incoming air charge.

using the venturi is much more favorable than a plain cut off piece of pipe. i have yet to see another mfg that has this venturi.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
I have a set of pop chargers on order..And I have officially stopped checking this thread. For two reasons specifically, one being I am depressed about waiting, two is there are a bunch of little girls still beating the "this is the best intake!" drum. Lock this mothaflucka so only HPAUTO and Erasat can post.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:01 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
IBL!

any updates?

<ducks>
Old 07-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Just called today, still waiting on heat shield material. They are expected to arrive anyday now. We are close guys....hang tight.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
So Andy, if you were to receive them tomorrow or Wednesday, you think I can get them in by Saturday?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
So Andy, if you were to receive them tomorrow or Wednesday, you think I can get them in by Saturday?
Yes, generally shipping is 2 days to Southern Cali, 3 days for Northern Cali.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
sredish

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37

good luck.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:42 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by sredish
you are all forgetting one major difference the JWT has that the others don't... you can compare tube lengths to plastic to this and that but we all agree the stock intake is pretty good. However, there is one way you can increase flow and velocity, therefore adding power and it's by using a venturi to flow and speed up the incoming air charge.

using the venturi is much more favorable than a plain cut off piece of pipe. i have yet to see another mfg that has this venturi.
stillen does...at least they did for my g35.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
sredish

not on this one they don't.

Stillen Long Tube

Stillen Short Tube

Last edited by sredish; 07-28-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by psyh
Well said... makes me wanna buy more stuff from you guys!
I've already puchased the JWT from from Andy at HPAuto and the experience was solid. He is stand up, always available, best prices Ive seen so far for the same products sold for more $$$ elsewhere. I have already saved over a hundred bucks choosing HPAutoWorks over other vendors for 2 of my parts.

This is me speakin the truth, not me being paid to lie. LOL.

Thanks Andy!!!!

Quick Reply: HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap