Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JLai
Actually, its +4hp for Injen on top of HFC and exhaust, if I'm not mistaken. +6hp on a mustang dyno which reads lower than a dynojet (done on a stock car w/ a 10 degree temperature difference). But from what we've seen, yes JWTs seem to have anywhere from 1-5 hp more, based on those dynos alone. Yay? ("It doesn't matter if you win by millimeter or a centimeter...winning is winning." ).

Injens were $495, not $550...and IMO looks and sounds way better. I've never had a problem with CAIs and water. Install is a pain though, but its a one time thing. Stock accordion hose on the JWTs FTMFL.
your right.... winning is winning no matter how small the margin... JWT edges out Injen by a small margin... (according to some people) and JWT kills Injen (according to alot more) and then theres INJEN edges the JWT (by a hand full)

O well ... Opinions are like *******s
Old 07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
O well ... Opinions are like *******s
You hit the nail on the head. Not enough people have had experience with either in order to make a justified conclusion. Its all banwagon jumping at this point.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:02 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
JLai do you have the Injen or JWT?
Old 07-27-2008, 06:06 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
JLai do you have the Injen or JWT?
I have Injens.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bottom line, as long as you're happy with whatever you have, it's all good. As for me, stock air boxes FTMFW.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:59 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
Bottom line, as long as you're happy with whatever you have, it's all good. As for me, stock air boxes FTMFW.
^^ Yes, I totally agree. Now, all I want are my JWT's.... DOMODOMO
Old 07-27-2008, 07:22 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
You forgot to mention lack of air flow for Injens, no heat shield, and they get hot as HELL!!! Stock RUBBER acordion hose FTW JLai, metal = heat. You can cook an egg on injens.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Well it seems no one really payed attention in Chemistry class in high school. Metal conducts heat, anyone that says the Injen doesn't heat up, should really go jump off a bridge.

It's called COLD AIR INTAKE not hot air intake, where is the cold air coming in? The location opening port where air goes in to has NO AIR CIRCULATION

Seriously, no more Injen fan boys in this thread, there is a trillion other threads about Injen, go ***** in there.

As for power, they are both the same ****. Intakes are intakes, we are not talking about SC or TT's here.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

And for the record, I was a phone call away from purchasing my Injens, until a buddy of mine came to my house after driving for 20-30 minutes, and I felt his tubes. I was better off touching a hot frying pan than those.
They will produce the same power, so who cares anymore man...
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by AZg37
Thats garbage they use the stock rubber tubes, just garbage! I want an actual intake, not a gay looking filter extension added to my stock set up...I personally just pulled 8.3 when I had it dynoed with Fujitas. You can find them for under $300 and get more HP. Plus you get to lose those ugly rubber intake tubes.
Originally Posted by AZg37
Stock RUBBER acordion hose FTW JLai, metal = heat. You can cook an egg on injens.
And that is a fine example of a ban wagon fan. "But I heard..."
Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, its +4hp for Injen on top of HFC and exhaust, if I'm not mistaken. +6hp on a mustang dyno which reads lower than a dynojet (done on a stock car w/ a 10 degree temperature difference). But from what we've seen, yes JWTs seem to have anywhere from 1-5 hp more, based on those dynos alone. Yay? ("It doesn't matter if you win by millimeter or a centimeter...winning is winning." ).

Injens were $495, not $550...and IMO looks and sounds way better. I've never had a problem with CAIs and water. Install is a pain though, but its a one time thing. Stock accordion hose on the JWTs FTMFL.
Isn't the stock accordion hose on the JWT's part of the reason for the HP gains?? So they don't look as good as polished or black pipes, and maybe I'm wrong but I thought that this was part of how they are able to keep things cooler than having pipes that get very hot under the hood?? Seems funny how all the other intakes with pipes gain little to nothing but the JWT which uses part of the stock hose seems to get some decent gains. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but there must be some logical reason for JWT using the stock hoses rather than pipes.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

A perfect comparsion would be Fujita and the JWT, both almost same in structure and design yet one key factor seperates them and their gains. The JWT uses org. rubber and the Fujita uses all metal.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by SteveG37
Isn't the stock accordion hose on the JWT's part of the reason for the HP gains?? So they don't look as good as polished or black pipes, and maybe I'm wrong but I thought that this was part of how they are able to keep things cooler than having pipes that get very hot under the hood?? Seems funny how all the other intakes with pipes gain little to nothing but the JWT which uses part of the stock hose seems to get some decent gains. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but there must be some logical reason for JWT using the stock hoses rather than pipes.
In all honesty...it may be. But 1-5 hp difference isn't gonna do crap. That variance can be seen on the same car, same mods, different day/conditions. In the end, people can justify their purchase however they want. Seems that the most popular method people choose to make themselves feel better is to jump on the Injen bashing. Point still stands the JWTs aren't leagues better...after all its still just an intake. For me, the difference was too minimal so I went with the better looking/sounding one.

Last edited by JLai; 07-27-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:12 PM
sredish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I chose the JWTs for 2 reasons...

1) JWTs reputation and

2) the fact I don't have to pull the bumper or wheels to install.

Also, fwiw, I'm going to put header wrap on the metal section to help keep it cool.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. Not enough people have had experience with either in order to make a justified conclusion. Its all banwagon jumping at this point.

I will give my opinion and as always... my opinions are honest and I dont care who it pisses off... I just want to help everyone out with honest reviews... which I will do 2 days after I get the JWTs...

Quick Reply: HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap