Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:25 AM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys, a little LATE NIGHT update of what I posted earlier today. I received a PM from Andy explaining me the details about order status and JWT, apparently they weren't ready for a 40+ orders just from HPautoworks and other shops around, so here it's what Andy just told me:

"JWT was off in their inventory last week when I had talked to them. They hadnt realized that during the week, along w our first orders, there were a few other shops here and there that bought some and had wiped their inventory out. When I called them on Monday to place the "Large" order, they said it wasnt going to be a problem. I called today to get a update w/ JWT and that was when they informed me of the situation. They are running a tad behind on getting these intakes ready for shipment. The first reason, is they are waiting on their heatshields to arrive so they can finish piecing the kits together and secondly...they def. did not expect for us to call w a order of close to 40! They only had 2 ready to go as of today, so we had them dropship the next 2 in the line of orders placed (LIN and PETERBANKS) to make it fair. I know everyone was expecting the intakes to arrive tommorrow but it looks like its going to be a tad longer. I have everyones intake on order; as well as securing another 20 from them for prospective customers that want to get in on the GB. As JWT's largest dealer, I along w JWT can vouch that no other shop will get any intakes before us. HPAutoworks will be the first to get the second run. As they become ready, I will update of course and ship asap. I want to apologize for everyone that is eager and was under the assumption that this wave of orders was leaving this week. No one had expected this many orders to come about in less than a week, since the previous wave took almost 3 weeks."

So guys, sorry, but it seems that it will definitely take more than just late next week as I stated earlier for the guys on the list. But at least Hpautoworks have secured the orders for all the Group Buy people plus possible future orders.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
The benefit is increased performance out of your car and sound. Most people buy intakes for the sound. That is one reason the Injen is very popular because it has a turbo type sound to it from what I have heard. The JWT has a deep rumble type sound. More muscle car like I guess I would say. Someone else with them can give their opinion on the sound since that part can be subjective.
disagree.... I did not hear any turbo noise.... what makes the whistle noise you hear is the valve in the throttle body that is half way open and it whistles... with any intake pipe you can hear it cause the factory tubes are mufflled... i think ....but i didnt hear anything like that on mine....
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by erasat
Ok guys, a little LATE NIGHT update of what I posted earlier today. I received a PM from Andy explaining me the details about order status and JWT, apparently they weren't ready for a 40+ orders just from HPautoworks and other shops around, so here it's what Andy just told me:

"JWT was off in their inventory last week when I had talked to them. They hadnt realized that during the week, along w our first orders, there were a few other shops here and there that bought some and had wiped their inventory out. When I called them on Monday to place the "Large" order, they said it wasnt going to be a problem. I called today to get a update w/ JWT and that was when they informed me of the situation. They are running a tad behind on getting these intakes ready for shipment. The first reason, is they are waiting on their heatshields to arrive so they can finish piecing the kits together and secondly...they def. did not expect for us to call w a order of close to 40! They only had 2 ready to go as of today, so we had them dropship the next 2 in the line of orders placed (LIN and PETERBANKS) to make it fair. I know everyone was expecting the intakes to arrive tommorrow but it looks like its going to be a tad longer. I have everyones intake on order; as well as securing another 20 from them for prospective customers that want to get in on the GB. As JWT's largest dealer, I along w JWT can vouch that no other shop will get any intakes before us. HPAutoworks will be the first to get the second run. As they become ready, I will update of course and ship asap. I want to apologize for everyone that is eager and was under the assumption that this wave of orders was leaving this week. No one had expected this many orders to come about in less than a week, since the previous wave took almost 3 weeks."

So guys, sorry, but it seems that it will definitely take more than just late next week as I stated earlier for the guys on the list. But at least Hpautoworks have secured the orders for all the Group Buy people plus possible future orders.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 AM
wrathletik1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell JWT not to rush TOO much. lol I'd rather have a perfect quality product a little later, than getting it sooner but might have issues.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:44 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

So we are looking at 3-4 weeks for people #30+ on the list.....
Old 07-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
So we are looking at 3-4 weeks for people #30+ on the list.....
Oh no, its not gonna take that long. Give them a week or so to get things together. I mean, it is over 40 intakes, know what I mean?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Hawaiian72099

Originally Posted by wrathletik1
Tell JWT not to rush TOO much. lol I'd rather have a perfect quality product a little later, than getting it sooner but might have issues.
^^^^^
+1
Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by wrathletik1
Thats one thing they will never do. Jim is so strict about things, he will never let a non-perfect product leave the shop.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Originally Posted by Hpauto
Oh no, its not gonna take that long. Give them a week or so to get things together. I mean, it is over 40 intakes, know what I mean?
I know what you mean brotha lol
these 335 punks are pushing it these days!
gotta give them a good spanking
Old 07-17-2008, 01:26 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
disagree.... I did not hear any turbo noise.... what makes the whistle noise you hear is the valve in the throttle body that is half way open and it whistles... with any intake pipe you can hear it cause the factory tubes are mufflled... i think ....but i didnt hear anything like that on mine....
You had the intake so that would make you a lot more knowledgeable then me. Plus I've never owned a turboed car and only heard those next to me or on a dyno. I am just going by the vids I saw with that whistle sound and the post from people on here who saw if in person or own it. Jeez Max, always disagreeing with me. lol
Old 07-17-2008, 01:41 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ha!

at least we dont get mad at each other and bitch bitch bitch... haha

yea the valve creates a whistle like pooching you lips to whistle... the right amount of opening and it whistles wwwwooooo woooooooooo....

See below link for what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOSJ...es-go-woo-woo/

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 07-17-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is for you Max!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:24 AM
LAG37

LMAO
FAIL
Old 07-17-2008, 05:26 AM
Hawaiian72099

I can't wait to be the alarm clock in my neighborhood. WWWHHHOOOO WWWHHHOOOO!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
erasat

Confirmed:

1-) erasat - Received
2-) erasat - Received
3-) Kuz - ?
4-) bboysteele - Received
5-) jedmonds - Received
6-) Motor25 - ?
7-) DetroitG37Joe - Received
8-) Mikenicco - Shipped