Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard some things from other people that has done short rams had problems producing consistent HP.. but will this pop-charger produce consistent HP?? Any facts to support??

JY
Old 06-19-2008, 06:11 AM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This "Short-Ram" has 2 different things, First and most important, Heat shields, most o fthe other short rams just suffer from heat soaked into the engine, so they produce some HP gains while cold, but once it gets hot, they even lost HP/TQ.

Other thing is that it uses some part of the OEM intake, so it goes further up, right in front of the air duct, so it soak cold air directly just like the OEM does.

And just a little detail, other Pop-Chargers for the 350Z and previous G35 have been the best bang for the buck for years now, so why this one can't be the same?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Skyline-LEXY

Originally Posted by erasat
This "Short-Ram" has 2 different things, First and most important, Heat shields, most o fthe other short rams just suffer from heat soaked into the engine, so they produce some HP gains while cold, but once it gets hot, they even lost HP/TQ.

Other thing is that it uses some part of the OEM intake, so it goes further up, right in front of the air duct, so it soak cold air directly just like the OEM does.

And just a little detail, other Pop-Chargers for the 350Z and previous G35 have been the best bang for the buck for years now, so why this one can't be the same?
Thanks for the infor now im more convienced to get JWT ^^

off topic but which Y-pipe (brand) did you get??

JY
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
erasat

^If you are interested in the Pop-Charger, be aware that the Group Buy for it is running right now (just in case you haven't seen it). https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/181901-jwt-pop-chargers-group-buy.html.

I ordered Exhaust Depot Y-Pipe, it should be here by next week, but so far I have heard just wonderful things about it.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:05 PM
peterbanks

Any chance we could get these in black? Also, are the filters dry or oiled? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
erasat

^ As far as I know this product have always been made the same, No black.

Also they use pre-oiled filters, and if I read well somewhere else they also include the oil for re-apply after cleaning. I will know for sure once I get them.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
erasat

Ok guys, Group Buy Thread was closed. I need one of the Mods or Admins of the forum to tell me what to do in order to be able to post the group buy, like I mentioned in the OP of that thread, I didn't know if I was doing the correct stuff, so if you can let me know I can definitely pass the information to the vendor that has agreed to make this possible. At the end, it's just for the community benefit.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by erasat
Ok guys, Group Buy Thread was closed. I need one of the Mods or Admins of the forum to tell me what to do in order to be able to post the group buy, like I mentioned in the OP of that thread, I didn't know if I was doing the correct stuff, so if you can let me know I can definitely pass the information to the vendor that has agreed to make this possible. At the end, it's just for the community benefit.

Thanks.
Hey man,

We realize that you are trying to benefit the forums and the intent is apreciated. However since HP Autoworks is not a paying sponsor of myg37, GBs for them can't be officially posted on the forums. If you want to organize a GB through this vendor, you would have to work out some other means aside from use of these public forums.

Edit: We are reviewing the rules of the forums BTW. It may be ok if the member is organizing it and not the vendor. We will get back to you once we get clarification from up top.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 06-19-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 PM
erasat

^OK I got it.

I will contact the vendor to explain and wait if he contact you to become a paying sponsor.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
erasat

Andy just told me that he sent an email to the Forum Admins about some months ago, and he just did it again, but he has not gotten an answer back, he is waiting to see what the options are.

Just to let you know guys.

Last edited by erasat; 06-19-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Ahujadaddy

i thought it was def ok since it was just through one of us.. a regular customer / forum member... and not a vendor. Thought i had seen these type of group buys posted before. I kno i def saw them on G35driver.

Shall wait patiently for the update
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
erasat

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
i thought it was def ok since it was just through one of us.. a regular customer / forum member... and not a vendor. Thought i had seen these type of group buys posted before. I kno i def saw them on G35driver.

Shall wait patiently for the update
Yeah, I think I have seen the same before, but NP, we are already working on fix this, Andy just told me that when the Forum wa sopened he sent an e-mail to become a Paying Sponsor but wasn't replied, he told me that he just did it again. Let see what happens.

In the meantime, Ahujadaddy, and people on the list, send me a PM to discuss what to do.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:17 PM
wrathletik1

So what advantage, if any, does the JWT application have over the Stillen? Besides the filters being a different color (what brand filters does JWT use anyway?), the filters on the Stillens are completely enclosed from heat, while JWT has heat "shields". Also the Stillens are a tad bit more expensive and have a carbon fiber-look option on the heat shields for a $100 more. I have no loyalty to either one, just want the best bang for the buck and want definite HP gain. I wish the Injen wasn't such a PITA to install and maintain (no way I'm having my bumper taken off, either professionally or by myself) or I would be all over those with the black tubes.

JWT

Stillen

Stillen pics courtesy of Quart.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
erasat

^You asked too many good questions that are hard to answer.

But I can tell you first thing that comes to my mind is that Stillen is over $400 vs. $300 for the Pop-Charger.

Second, Pop-Chargers have been designed for Nissan Engines, JWT have worked with Nissan for almost 30 years developing engine parts and performance parts for our engines, so they should know better than anyone about how to getthe most gain with their product. Stillen is more Brand generic, altough their product have always been top notch.

Third, Stillen Intakes in Private Dyno haven't provided any gains, they even lost Tq/HP, some people think that it's related to the tube design and the ECT not adapting well to the new air/fuel ratio.

Again, I don't know those are very good and valid questions, and I haven;t tested the Stillen to answer them first hand, but on ething is a fect, and that every single consumer that have tried a Pop-Charger in the 350Z and previous G35s are 100% satisfied by the product, so that just mean good news for us. Just my honest opinion.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
nestle_!9

guys ,, i have the pop right now and just believe in my words,, BUY THEM--its worth it,, i love my dual pop so much and will not go with other intakes(well ARC still debatable) ,,i felt the power gain in my g now(together with the greddy ex and volk--since this wheels are lighter than stock! man the stock wheels are heavy!!! ,, well its still your choice ,, but for me cant get any better,,, (well ARC stii debatable heheheh

Quick Reply: HPAuto-Jwt Pop Chargers Nice & Cheap