Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Moving to San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:32 AM
1slowvq37

Location: Real Del Mar Baja California Mexico , Chula Vista CA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Borderline-G37
Hey im from South San Diego so i wont know any good places up north, but ther arent any navy bases up north any ways. so these neighborhoods are all south of 32nd base but only 20min or less away, any more south than that youll hit the border LOL.

well if u want good neighborhood heres some suggestions:

•the region around Imperial Beach wouldnt be good. too many "hoodlums" i grew up there.

•Coronado is a crazy safe place (their crime rate is supposedly pretty much 0) but that place is mosty retired old people XD and took quite in my opinion.

•East san diego / Paradise hills. its kidna the opposite of what it sounds. Area is filled with all monorities and not the best income neighborbood, so u know how that would get.

•The Ocean View Hills/Casoleil area is mid-imcome community, but adjacent to the border community of San Ysidro and those who live on Palm Avenue (connects to imperial beach). So there could be some mischeivous kids around. I currently live in this location.

•Best place I know in south san diego is Otay Ranch/East Lake Area. good name for them people who lived there back in high school is "the rich bitches". =D great place to be!

(IM MAINLY basing all this information FOR the sake of your car. im not saying anythign bad about these communities, they are all great and not bad AT ALL (except maybe PH). they are all perfectly safe to live in and im not trying to stereotype any of them. Take my information as u want.)

So MY top suggestion for places in the south region are:
1. Otay Ranch/ East Lake
2. Ocean View Hills/ Casoleil

As for places to visit: Grand Canyon? Las Vegas? i dont travel much......

I agree, eastlake/ otay ranch, also east J street in Chula vista is a nice area, most of the houses were built in the 70's and you can probally rent a 3 bedroom house with two car garage for around $1.3k. Also 1st to 3rd ave is a nice area, mostly retired people but nice area,houses were built in the 50's or 60's but the area is nice, big back yards, long driveways ect.. planning on buying a house in that area next year.

Let's have a meet soon!!

BTW Borderline-G37, is you g37 IP and lowered on oem wheels?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
thejumpoff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1slowvq37

Let's have a meet soon!!
That's been attempted numerous times before and no one shows up lol. I've probably driven by a bunch of you and never knew it.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thejumpoff
Gamedog, you're in SD now? You should hit me up so we can chill bro.
Yeah man I'm out here now. Took a job offer back in January and been out here since.

Love it down here

Originally Posted by MyocyteX
I'm in SD too. I live in Crown Point. It is south of Pacific Beach. It is super quiet friendly neighborhood.
Dude you're down the street from me lol

I live in PB and drive through CP everyday to work (work in Point Loma)

Originally Posted by thejumpoff
That's been attempted numerous times before and no one shows up lol. I've probably driven by a bunch of you and never knew it.
I'm down to meet with anyone in SD for some food and drinks man.

Doesnt have to be a huge "meet' or anything, just some dudes from the forum gettin together and talking about cars while throwin back some good beers
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Yeah man I'm out here now. Took a job offer back in January and been out here since.

Love it down here

Dude you're down the street from me lol

I live in PB and drive through CP everyday to work (work in Point Loma)

I'm down to meet with anyone in SD for some food and drinks man.

Doesnt have to be a huge "meet' or anything, just some dudes from the forum gettin together and talking about cars while throwin back some good beers
Thats awesome! I'm down with it anytime.

Has anyone driven across country straight thru.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:38 PM
JJsBusaRox

My vote is for Mission Valley or the East Lake/Otay Ranch area. Coronado is expensive...
Old 05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
JJsBusaRox

To the OP, by the way, what to do you in the navy?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Hliang

I'm down to have a meet. No beers though I'm not legal

and OP welcome to San Diego (even though I moved away for college)
+1 for the Otay Ranch Area, I didn't live there myself but I have friends who do and they think it's a good area to be in.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
123u

There u go...

YouTube - Like a CHIEF
Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Borderline-G37

Originally Posted by 1slowvq37
I agree, eastlake/ otay ranch, also east J street in Chula vista is a nice area, most of the houses were built in the 70's and you can probally rent a 3 bedroom house with two car garage for around $1.3k. Also 1st to 3rd ave is a nice area, mostly retired people but nice area,houses were built in the 50's or 60's but the area is nice, big back yards, long driveways ect.. planning on buying a house in that area next year.

Let's have a meet soon!!

BTW Borderline-G37, is you g37 IP and lowered on oem wheels?
nopes still stock for now =], have u seen me around?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Borderline-G37

Originally Posted by Hliang
I'm down to have a meet. No beers though I'm not legal

and OP welcome to San Diego (even though I moved away for college)
+1 for the Otay Ranch Area, I didn't live there myself but I have friends who do and they think it's a good area to be in.
^^^ lol me to, BTW i can tell by your name, i know you, and i recognized ur car and that girl from your photo shoot by otay lakes =D.

and 123u Welcome to SD! workin at point loma huh....checkout Cabrillo national park (very tip of point loma) for the view, and take ur woman out to sunset cliffs (cliffs on the western side) and belmont park(mission bay area). you can google them all and it wont be hard to find. just in case u get bored and wanna explore.

uhh random fact: there showing the movie Suckerpunch on north island navy base tonight, if u havent seen it u should go see it since its free there XD. i know i am haha
Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Hliang

^ know me personally? or just from the forums? hahah anyhow, Hi. Come to the mini meet on June 19th!

Welcome again OP. Hope you enjoy your time here, I miss San Diego.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey are you sd guys going to the meet on june 19th???
Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Borderline-G37

Originally Posted by Hliang
^ know me personally? or just from the forums? hahah anyhow, Hi. Come to the mini meet on June 19th!

Welcome again OP. Hope you enjoy your time here, I miss San Diego.
wheres the meet at? ill go for sure! uhm yeah i remember meeting you in person once in front of wing stop by southwestern college where 'mixedwell' saw me and a couple of friends getting boba or something. she told me u had a white G37 and i have u on facebook. Watch Crows Zero! lol
Old 05-17-2011, 03:12 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^ here is the meet check it out
https://www.myg37.com/forums/souther...-2011-5pm.html
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
123u

Originally Posted by Borderline-G37
^^^ lol me to, BTW i can tell by your name, i know you, and i recognized ur car and that girl from your photo shoot by otay lakes =D.

and 123u Welcome to SD! workin at point loma huh....checkout Cabrillo national park (very tip of point loma) for the view, and take ur woman out to sunset cliffs (cliffs on the western side) and belmont park(mission bay area). you can google them all and it wont be hard to find. just in case u get bored and wanna explore.

uhh random fact: there showing the movie Suckerpunch on north island navy base tonight, if u havent seen it u should go see it since its free there XD. i know i am haha
Roger that Sir, sure will do. I am looking forward to meeting you all and participating in some interesting looking groups.

BTW I heard the road are pretty rough in SD especially those Speed bump.

Quick Reply: Moving to San Diego