Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Ticket for "modified" exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
**** COPS lapd isn't that bad but CHP I HATE them with a burning passion, I had a truck 2 years limo tints v8 hemi straight piped no front plate blacked lights, bright hid lights never hassled once by a cop, right when I get my coupe I get a ticket 1st week for tints and light tint, week later one more tint ticket, week later one more tint ticket plus no front plate, they can suck my nuts they target expensive cars. I got slammed 200 fine windows 50 fine lights 50 fine no front plate, I cuda got an intake kit >:/
Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 AM
mrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geez - that's crap
did he only pull you over for the exhaust? or was there some traffic violation involved?
I got pulled over and got a tkt for the tint on my TRUCK from CHP and my cop husband was in the passenger seat!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:08 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
This is why i want to live in FL and not CA. Cops FTL

Florida is the same ****, i was cited also for modified exhaust also , didn't matter if it was under decibel reading or street legal , according to Florida law any exhaust other than factory is modified and you can be cited , my ticket was just a fine and was $120 Fast intentions CF catback .
Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Doggy

I didn't have a moving violation, just for tints and plate yet he said I was going "a little fast" at 70 with traffic lol he's like I won't cite u for that I'm thinking u better not cause that's bs!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:41 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
it don't matter what state your in, if they wanna break ***** they will.
I got one about 2 yrs ago for "loud exhaust"
have fi cat back & fi hfc's, not nearly as loud as the cop was saying. This douche gives me a criminal summons to appear in court the day after cristmas.worst part is that ***** tells me have a nice xmas. Thank god the judge was more in the dismissing mode,asking me is my exhaust fixed, my reply was yes sir your honor. Even though I hadn't fixed or put on the stock exhaust. It got thrown out,dodged a bullet on that. ****** will be ******,no matter where you live,unfortunatly.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:08 AM
AvosG37

i think u can pay the ticket without fixing the exhaust n prove the court. jus pay and leave.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:01 PM
voltic

Wow. I'm suddenly glad yet again that I never switched all my stuff over to CA. Then again, I'm still always paranoid about it and keep it under 3k if I see one of them around me. Good luck with this man... what a D-bag.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
rrdynasty21

Originally Posted by Wlmngtn
Anybody know a type of location where I can obtain such readings?
x2.......
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Retromoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've paid so far $75.00 in exhaust tickets, that's $25.00 per ticket.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
gevo1

I hate to here it. I was also pulled over for this because that SOB had nothing better to do. He actually turned and wait out of his way to follow me and stop me when I did nothing wrong. I got crazy mad this time because I am sick of cops not doing anything and just going after bs when there are much more important things they should be doing. I am also in LA by the way. So after he stopped me I just got out and cussed the living s**t out of him and asked him why hes pulling me over. The jacka** froze for about 2 sec. and then said "you have a modified exhaust". He was acting so smart that he didnt even notice the riced out integra passing by with a huge fart canon lol. So I went on and continued cussing him out telling him hes a little beatch and has nothing better to do and that he should go and find a real job he could handle. He paused for a minute and then said again modified exhaust lol. I said it's just an axle back, its not modified, its a bolt on replacement and its under 97dbs. He didnt have a clue about what I was saying so he asked for license and stuff, stood there for like a good minute and then asked me ummmm wellll do you have tints in the front? lmaoo I just laughed at him and said yes you jacka** I do. He paused again and asked again like an idiot so I told him yes I just told you I do. lol this moron tells me ok let me see it lol. So after holding me up after that for like 20 minutes and me cussing at him more he come backs walking ever so slowly with a puppy face and says hes sorry but he'll just give me a tint ticket lol. I didnt say anything and he went back to his car. Since I was stopped at a liquor parking I got out the car to go in for ciggarets and a redbull. He just saw me get out of my car and for some reason he just jumped out of his car again looked at me and ripped up what apeeared to be my ticket??? lmaoo I didnt pay attention and just walked away lol I'll see in a little bit if he turns it in I guess
Old 12-12-2010, 10:54 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

So what happened with this Ant? I still haven't taken my car to the state referee which is what ur gonna have to do as well. Gonna have to put ur stock exhaust back on man. I tried just taking my car with the stock exhaust to a CHP office and he tells me, oh no u gotta call this number, set up an appointment and have them inspect and make sure it meets requirement, then bring the ticket back here with their stamp on it, then I can sign it off. I got my **** extended till April lmao.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Doggy

Dam carlos that sux! The referee I heard is an acehole, they'll find everything that doesn't meet requirements. My friend kiyan has taken his civic to them numerous times.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Doggy

Oh ya and gevo....... Ur crazy! Lol
Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CEELOSG37S
So what happened with this Ant? I still haven't taken my car to the state referee which is what ur gonna have to do as well. Gonna have to put ur stock exhaust back on man. I tried just taking my car with the stock exhaust to a CHP office and he tells me, oh no u gotta call this number, set up an appointment and have them inspect and make sure it meets requirement, then bring the ticket back here with their stamp on it, then I can sign it off. I got my **** extended till April lmao.
IDK, i first want to see how much the fine is. If its too much, then ill just put the OEM exhaust and get it passed. Did they tell you how much it was to get it tested and see if it passes?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Naw bro I haven't called to make an appointment yet. I've been laggin on it dude lol.

Quick Reply: Ticket for "modified" exhaust??