Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Someone at the dealership stole my Ipod Touch!! Kearny Mesa Infiniti Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 AM
KhaldeanHabibi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone at the dealership stole my Ipod Touch!! Kearny Mesa Infiniti Sucks

so i go to the dealership one day and i left my itouch in my cup holder not even leaving the service drive i get home and remember it there i go back and its gone i call the dealership and talked to the GM there he said he will ask the service rep named Todd who mysterously didnt show up when i asked for him to come back what do i do? im gonna file a police report but want to know what esle i need to do to try and get it back

Last edited by KhaldeanHabibi; 11-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 AM
KennethG37S

well I've been dealing with them since I've bought my car. I didn't buy my G from them but they are completely taking care of me very well. I know it's painful but it's also part of your fault. Never leave something valuable in the car while you're gone.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:17 AM
KhaldeanHabibi

everytime ive went there they have been very rude to me idk if its just becuase im younger but no one ever seems to wana help me at all. i sit in my car waiting for some body to help me. ive actually had to get out of my car and walk to someone a few times just to be helped out. i understand that its some what my fualt for that but my car didnt even leave the service drive, how low do u have to be to do something like that.

Last edited by KhaldeanHabibi; 11-12-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 AM
KennethG37S

so you are saying that you left your car in guest parking and Itouch got stolen?
if you want to complain about their service, you can always talk to service manager, Tom. age can't even be considered with that problem. I don't know how young you are but I'm young too lol
Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another Kearny Mesa thread!

Great f'ing job KM Infiniti!! You never cease to amaze me!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Of course you have to get out of yur car. You cant expect the dealer to wait on you hand and foot like that.

Also, every single work environment like that says "we are not responsible for items left in the car that are lost or stolen etc. etc." It sucks yes but you screwed up by leaving jt there.

No matter how much I trust a dealership or a shop I will never leave something valuable in the car because human nature is what it is. Talk to the dealership and try to get it back but that's about all you can do. Live and learn.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Several things (that won't help you now).

You should have called the police right then, from the dealership.
You speak to the sales mgr (I assume you bought the car there). Long story short, don't deal with the service mgr, I had an issue and was getting totally screwed so I grabbed the sales mgr and said I would never buy another car from them. They always tout their service dept when making sales pitches. Let's just say it got a lot of attention and they kissed my a$$
I remove everything from my car when I take it in, ANYWHERE.

Good luck but you are probably out of luck. I would just let the dealership know (speak to sales mgr) what happened, that you are filing a police report, BBB report, calling the local paper, and posting to Infiniti forums about this dealership.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang, you guys are cold blooded. Yes it is somewhat his fault, but he forgot... That doesn't give anyone the right to steal his personal belongings. I don't give a damn about those stupid, "don't leave personal belonging in your vehicle" signs. Those are just like the "Not responsible for broken windshield" signs on trucks. Bulls**t.

Khaldeanhabibi, I hope they do the right thing. Good luck getting reimbursed for your loss.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 AM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sucks to hear. I will NEVER take my car back there for service. Went in for my first oil change and they 1. over torqued and snapped a bolt off from the under tray cover 2. Did not reninstall 4 of the push bolts on the undertray. 3. washed the car and scratched it all to hell. This is the type of service I would expect from jiffy lube not the dealership.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think age does make it easier to discriminate against you so be professional, don't start cussing them out and threaten to call the police....etc. Instead, tell them what you're going to do, file a report, contact BBB and Infiniti Corporate to report it. See what they say. Be firm but also respectful.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm sorry that you just learned an expensive lesson. It truly sucks. However it's not the dealership's fault. The dealership didn't steal it, a crook who works there did. They have no way of knowing which employee took it and even if they strongly suspect someone they can't do anything about it unless they have concrete proof. If they accuse an employee of theft and can't prove it, they could be sued.

As was said, it's terrible that it happened to you but never leave anything in your car that will tempt a thief, it's just asking to get stolen. It's a shame but it's the world we live in.

And WTF are you saying about service? You drive up to the service area and sit in your car and wait for them to come out to you and see what you want? That sounds odd to me, is that how they operate? Every place I've ever taken a car I have to get out and walk in and speak to someone to tell them what I want...

Last edited by Black Betty; 06-02-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I pull my car up and there is always someone there to greet me and then there is another car waiting with the door open and the car running when I leave.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You forgot the part where there is a walk way of red carpet to and from the car and when you step out, you are helped out by 2 super models in high end dresses?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^You only get that with the M series not the G : (
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
KennethG37S

speaking of service of Kearny mesa infiniti, a female worker always comes out and check your VIN, Milage etc and let you meet one of the service agents. Well, sometimes you have to walk in to the office if they are dealing with other people. Otherwise, they always come out.

Quick Reply: Someone at the dealership stole my Ipod Touch!! Kearny Mesa Infiniti Sucks