Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Someone at the dealership stole my Ipod Touch!! Kearny Mesa Infiniti Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm sorry that you just learned an expensive lesson. It truly sucks. However it's not the dealership's fault. The dealership didn't steal it, a crook who works there did. They have no way of knowing which employee took it and even if they strongly suspect someone they can't do anything about it unless they have concrete proof. If they accuse an employee of theft and can't prove it, they could be sued.

As was said, it's terrible that it happened to you but never leave anything in your car that will tempt a thief, it's just asking to get stolen. It's a shame but it's the world we live in.

And WTF are you saying about service? You drive up to the service area and sit in your car and wait for them to come out to you and see what you want? That sounds odd to me, is that how they operate? Every place I've ever taken a car I have to get out and walk in and speak to someone to tell them what I want...
That is not uncommon at high end dealerships. The did it more often than not at the Acura dealership (when I own an Acura).
Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM
smalls'g37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouch....sorry to hear about this. That dealership is lame. Tom the service manager is a joke and good old peg leg Todd is even worse.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM
NiTeHawKPwNeD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I left Orbit Gum in my cup holders when I got my car tefloned.. All I can say, they just left me with 1 piece of gum left.

But, that gum pack was about 1 month old, went threw the washing machine, and my puppy chewed it up..

Anyways, back on the topic.. Damn, that sucks..
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by NiTeHawKPwNeD
I left Orbit Gum in my cup holders when I got my car tefloned.. All I can say, they just left me with 1 piece of gum left.

But, that gum pack was about 1 month old, went threw the washing machine, and my puppy chewed it up..

Anyways, back on the topic.. Damn, that sucks..
Unbelievable. They left you one stick.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 PM
KhaldeanHabibi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smalls'g37
ouch....sorry to hear about this. That dealership is lame. Tom the service manager is a joke and good old peg leg Todd is even worse.
yeah that joke todd is the guy that took my itouch im seriously about to go there and just beat him lol

Last edited by KhaldeanHabibi; 11-12-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I literally strip my car of any valuable prior to bringing my G for service/repair. It's always better to be safe than sorry IMO. I don't even leave my sunglasses in there! Often when your car is sitting around the service lot, it's left unlocked and any of the employees could get into your car if they really wanted to.

In your case, I'd contact the service dept to see if there was a surveillance camera operating where your car was parked. If not, just move on with your life. After all it's just an ipod. It sucks that you had to learn the hardway but it's replaceable.