Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

glendale infiniti = bad service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM
g37mt6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glendale infiniti = bad service?

It seems like every time i went to this dealer i always get bad service from the service manager. The first time I went there for an oil change he told me that the ester oil was require and my car engine will be void from warranty if didnt use it. And today again i brought my car to check if i need an alignment and this stupid *** service manager wanted to charge me $140. I just ask him can you just check the car first if i do need 1 and he said no he will have to charge me just to inspect it. WTF
Old 06-17-2009, 02:17 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
His first comment on Ester oil and voiding warranty is BS!!! I'd love some service idiot to show me where he got this from because he can't.

As for the alignment, they would have to put it on the alignment machine to check the alignment which would still cost something, but usually would not be the same cost as a check & alignment. Again I'd like him to show me how the labor for a check is the same as the more lengthy check & alignment. BTW, if you car has less than 12 months or 12K miles you should pull out your warranty information booklet and show him where an alignment during this timeframe is covered under the new car adjustment coverage on Page 5:

ADJUSTMENT COVERAGE
Service adjustments not usually associated with the replacement of parts, such as wheel alignment, are covered only during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Of course, though, you should just find a dealer you can trust.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
redshift1

Originally Posted by g37mt6
It seems like every time i went to this dealer i always get bad service from the service manager. The first time I went there for an oil change he told me that the ester oil was require and my car engine will be void from warranty if didnt use it. And today again i brought my car to check if i need an alignment and this stupid *** service manager wanted to charge me $140. I just ask him can you just check the car first if i do need 1 and he said no he will have to charge me just to inspect it. WTF
Thanks for the dealers name... will never go there.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Gazan37
Banned

Try talking to the sales manager. His name's Jerry. Tell him the problem hell probably help u out. Fat guy sllicked back hair. Not promising anything but its worth a shot. Hope it helps
Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 AM
g37mt6

thanks dude
Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 AM
amf25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good heads up about problems coming from glendale... I did a test drive at glendale and at the time, the salesman was trying to tell me how mod-friendly that dealer is... but i haven't heard anything else about that area. Any info about the service quality over at the infinity by glendora?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Gazan37
Banned

thanks dude
no problem
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
lmulion03

Go there for oil changes and service and haven't had a problem at all. They even gave me a discount when I didn't ask for it. Like that saying goes, a customer has a bad experience and they tell 10 ppl. A customer has a good experience and they tell 3 ppl.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
boss23

I went to glendale infinti a few times and for the oil change he told me i needed esther oil also, because i had a knockin in my engine (sound).... Also i took my car there for a speaker fix it rattle even thou i turn down the bass and every thing... worked good for a week went bad again.... he charged me 69$ for the complete oild change... hope it helps i dont like them too much
Old 06-19-2009, 02:49 PM
ElLayG37s

I posted on this dealer before I never went back after 2 bad visits there, the Manager doesn't care, so the best you can do is to get the word out not to go there!

I go to Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, great service and they don't BS you there.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:32 AM
g37mt6

wut so funny about this was that when my car was done for an oil change he ask me to give him 5 star for the service lol....
Old 06-20-2009, 06:08 AM
AvosG37

haha give him -5 star
Old 06-21-2009, 04:17 PM
TIMMAY

Originally Posted by boss23
I went to glendale infinti a few times and for the oil change he told me i needed esther oil also, because i had a knockin in my engine (sound).... Also i took my car there for a speaker fix it rattle even thou i turn down the bass and every thing... worked good for a week went bad again.... he charged me 69$ for the complete oild change... hope it helps i dont like them too much
did you pay $69 for the esther oil change??.. if so, that's a good price, specially from a dealer..

if you look up the oil threads on this forum, they will tell you that synthetic oil IS better for the performance of your car and it appears it is helpful to run without any knocking sounds.. but it is not absolutely necessary..

i switched over to Eneos synthetic oil two weeks ago at Amplified Motorsport and as soon as i drove out of the parking lot i could FEEL a noticeable difference!

it's up to you if you want to switch over for the performance, etc.. it's more expensive but you can go twice as long and change your oil half as often..
Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have yet to find a good service dealer yet. Thousand Oaks Infiniti is horrible, I've even notified the Bureau of Automotive Repair on their incompetence, Glendale doesn't seem promising, Tustin wasn't anything great. I guess I'll have to try Miller Infiniti to see if they're any better, plus Nichole who I bought my car from in Santa Monica moved over to Miller once S.M. Infiniti shut down.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
ElLayG37s

Originally Posted by Graham
I have yet to find a good service dealer yet. Thousand Oaks Infiniti is horrible, I've even notified the Bureau of Automotive Repair on their incompetence, Glendale doesn't seem promising, Tustin wasn't anything great. I guess I'll have to try Miller Infiniti to see if they're any better, plus Nichole who I bought my car from in Santa Monica moved over to Miller once S.M. Infiniti shut down.
Metro Infiniti in Monrovia has been great, just make sure you let them know not to clean your stock wheels with their cleaner! Stains them.

Quick Reply: glendale infiniti = bad service?