Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Hit and Run - Need Good Bodyshop in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
r1vaL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hit and Run - Need Good Bodyshop in SoCal

I honestly would never think something like this would happen to my car.

Saturday night at around 12:30, I arrived at a party at a friend's house and stayed there until around 4:00-4:30. Too tired to drive home, my cousin took me back to my house. The next morning, when I went to pick up my car, I saw this:

I filed a police report the day I discovered it. However, I don't think i'll be able to find the person responsible.

The rear bumper and the driver's side rear quarter panel were both damaged with the rear bumper needing to be replaced and the rear quarter panel being possibly repairable.

Thus, I am wondering what is the best body shop in Southern California, or more specifically Chino Hills (Zip Code: 91709)?

I have already filed a claim with my insurance and they will cover the cost of repair. Also, do you think they will allow me to choose an aftermarket bumper to replace my broken one with if I pay the difference in costs between an OEM one and the aftermarket one?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dang man. Sorry for your luck. Well I can recommend a good body shop in Riverside. It's called Holmes Body Shop and they're just down the 91 and Pierce exit. Not too far from Chino Hills either. I'm sure they'll do the aftermarket bumper for you if you ask them to. Check out their website and give them a call. They worked on mine and the colormatch and bodywork was dead nuts.

www.holmesbodyshop.com
Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn, sorry bro! your damage looks just like mines except the total opposite side. remember to demand a tear down check.

Last edited by Weiboy718; 05-02-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
damn bro sorry to see that... hit and run is stupid.

good luck with the repairs
Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
DrJones

dang. welcome to the board. sorry that this has to be your first post.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:45 PM
r1vaL

Thanks a lot to everyone that responded. What pisses me off most about the situation isn't so much the $500 deductible that I'll have to pay to get it fixed or the hassle that I'll have to go through to get it fixed, but the fact that someone would be so thoughtless and just hit someone's car and just run away.

If I do find that person responsible, he/she is gunna get to face charges of hit and run.

Does anyone have more suggestions for body shops?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:11 AM
richierich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I brought my rsx to pj bonifacio. Great work and fast. Located in la puente. Not so far from u. a its Off the 60 kinda
Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 AM
richierich

Oh and sorry about ur hit and run. That's messsed up
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn that sucks. I know of a place in the OC if you're interested.

But more importantly, what is that first recommendation by gamedog? Homes body shop? I think he's just pulling your chain, hahaha.

Last edited by ucla bruin; 04-21-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 AM
splitmx

Body Works in Temecula did mine when it got keyed last month.....spoke with the owner for an hour or 2...he ran me through the shop...went with him and my car was coned off and recieved 5 star treatment

paint match is 100% PERFECT
Old 04-21-2009, 01:51 AM
redshift1

Originally Posted by r1vaL
I honestly would never think something like this would happen to my car.

Saturday night at around 12:30, I arrived at a party at a friend's house and stayed there until around 4:00-4:30. Too tired to drive home, my cousin took me back to my house. The next morning, when I went to pick up my car, I saw this:

I filed a police report the day I discovered it. However, I don't think i'll be able to find the person responsible.

The rear bumper and the driver's side rear quarter panel were both damaged with the rear bumper needing to be replaced and the rear quarter panel being possibly repairable.

Thus, I am wondering what is the best body shop in Southern California, or more specifically Chino Hills (Zip Code: 91709)?

I have already filed a claim with my insurance and they will cover the cost of repair. Also, do you think they will allow me to choose an aftermarket bumper to replace my broken one with if I pay the difference in costs between an OEM one and the aftermarket one?
That happened to my Daughter's 08 Accord at UCSB. Hit and Run cost 4k to fix with a $1000.00 deductible. We shopped around in Santa Barbara and found a repair shop recommended by Farmers and the work was completed in one week. If the repair shop has done work with your insurance company before they will be looking for a good recommendation back to the insurance company. Although each situation is unique. Rotten deal, they hit your car and you get the bill.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:33 AM
r1vaL

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Damn that sucks. I know of a place in the OC if you're interested.

But more importantly, what is that first recommendation by gamedog? Homes body shop? I think he's just pulling your chain, hahaha.
I'm very interested to know which body shop in the OC that you'd recommend.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:37 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give Hanson Autobody a call. They do good work. Ask for Moses and tell him that Danny with the G37 referred you, he'd know. Let me know how it goes, good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
bunluvsvw

Probably one of your friend's buddies hit your car, Im pretty sure you werent the only drunk one coming out of that house. I betcha if you ask your buddy to ask around who hit your car, he can find out, The other person's cars gotta be damaged too. Can't hide a big boo boo like that.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ I agree with the V-Dub Lover. Ask around.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run - Need Good Bodyshop in SoCal