Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Dealership Issues.. Need input (KINGS INFINITI SUCKS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
JGabucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dealership Issues.. Need input (KINGS INFINITI SUCKS)

Okay guys here is the situation.. I recently leased a 2009 fx35 from a dealership out in Long Island, New york. My first lease from them. I normally deal with a dealership in Brooklyn,NY (Kings Infiniti), I have leased four cars from them. They include 2004 g35 coupe, 2005 fx35, 2006 g35x, and 2008
G37s.

I goto Kings Infiniti for my 09 fx35's initial oil change and installation of wheel locks which was supposed to be comped or free. I get there and there is a bill for 65 and change.

So Okay I guess being that the car wasn't purchased there I am not eligible for the free oil change but here is the best part... I was also told to no longer bring the car in for service there being that it was not purchased from that dealer, was not giving a receipt for the service performed, told my VIN Number did not come up in the computer, and was told that the decision was given from someone higher up and not the service department. WOW!

I decieded to call the sales department and speak to the rep I normally deal with and was told "Well dealership loyality" "If you purchased it there, service it there". Keep in mind the decision to purchase else where was a lower monthly lease rate and frankly these guys in Long Island are in a completely different caliber in terms of helpfulness, professionalism, and overall making me feel happy about my purchase. We are talking about Same car, same package, same lease terms. " I can't take a 1500 lose on a car" "I don't know how they did that or how they tricked you" "For 10 dollars more a month you could have purchased here and got the service performed here being that it is closer to home". It wasn't a difference of 10 dollars but that is besides the point and shouldn't even matter. I even informed them of this and wanted to buy the car there, they couldn't match the rate.

I simply told him that there was a lack of professionalism, and that the true character of the dealership shows in this action to tell me to go somewhere else. I also told them I would no longer service my 08 g37 there or 06 g35x. The service department agreed with me in every aspect. I mean the ***** after leasing four cars to tell me to no longer service the car at that dealership is ridicolous, and it makes me furious. Is there anything I can do? Can they turn me down for service? Is there anyone I can contact at corporate about this? Any info, feedback, thoughts or opinions are welcome..

- JG
Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM
lmulion03

Interesting - I bought my car from Miller Infiniti (CA) and service it at Glendale Infiniti. Had no problems at all - if anything, they seemed to happy to service me since they have one more customer.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They cannot refuse you service because you didnt buy there. What happens if someone moved, are they compeletely screwed. Talk to their GM or take it to Infiniti corporate.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call Infiniti's customer affairs.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
hm that doesn't seem right.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
LightSweetCrude

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Call Infiniti's customer affairs.
Sounds like you had a salty salesman

I've serviced my Lexus at 5 different dealerships, since I bought the car. That includes a 60,000 mile service performed at a Toyota dealership. The Lexus dealership (NEXT DOOR!) quoted me just over $1000 for the service. I paid under $400, after tax at Toyota.

I guess Kings Infiniti isn't thinking about the long term... seems they have forgotten that leases run out and one day you'll be looking for another car.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Contact Infiniti, and let them know what the dealer told you. Dealers make alot on service, I can't belive they would turn a customer away.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Kings sucks thats why. lol

Its worth the trip to take it out to LI to massapequa. Or jersey to ray catena.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
PureNick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I leased my car in California and just had over $5,000 is warranty service performed at a dealership in Chicago during a business/pleasure road trip.

What they are telling you is BS.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
SilverBullet

I would complain to Infiniti consumer affairs. I would choose another dealer to service anyway. If they are refusing to service your vehicle, even if your paying them, they are a bad dealership. I would stay away.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by LightSweetCrude
Sounds like you had a salty salesman
Haha yes and no. Yes I've come across quite a few that tried to blow smokes in my face (including finance managers) but I loved dealing with them because you get to expose their lies right then and there. No, I sealed my deal over the phone and went down to the dealership to pick up so my personal salesman was very nice to deal with.

Whenever threads like this one comes up, one of the first suggestion often made is to contact Infiniti customer affairs. Sometimes the dealership magically becomes easier to work with after maybe a call from corporate
Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
I would complain to Infiniti consumer affairs. I would choose another dealer to service anyway. If they are refusing to service your vehicle, even if your paying them, they are a bad dealership. I would stay away.
^^^^ Completely agree with this statement. Get on the horn to Infiniti Consumer Affairs.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Mayu

I recently took my car out of the garage from a 4 month winter hibernation. My battery was disconnected and one of the results of this is the auto window drop when you open the doors does not go back up.

The fix - press and hold the window down button for 20 seconds after the window is all the way down then press and hold the button up for 20 sec after it is all the way up - this resets the system.

When I mentioned this to my dealership they said, "oh, yeah, happens all the time. We'll take care of it." When I got my bill, it stated - "Replaced Drive and Passenger side Window motors." Free for me of course... but when I found out later on in this very forum the above fix I realized what had happened.

They will send the bill for two motors and labour to Nissan who will reimburse them for 40 seconds worth of a brainless tech fingering my car...

Not sure why any dealership will not want a car regardless of where it was purchased. In fact, I have taken my civic to Acura Dealerships since they do comp wash and honda does not.

Something fish-y with this dealership - stay away and consider yourself lucky to be rid of them.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
G37HKS

lol dude its easy.. call the manager and tell him what the dealer doing his customer and the problem is done.. and if the manager was with the dealer side.. then its more easy.. call the manager of the US infiniti.. u can do alot of things to get what you want.. and if u realy know how to talk and u are trouble maker then that dealer have 80% to get fired from his work
Old 04-22-2009, 01:19 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thats crazy talk. I know several people who have purchased (not leased) cars from other dealerships but have them serviced at Kings. That has not been an issue before so hearing you say that is very strange indeed. Ask to speak to Sal (he's the owner and he really is a good guy). All roads lead to him and ultimately he will have to justify this reason.

Best of luck with that. FYI he's usually there on Saturdays.

Quick Reply: Dealership Issues.. Need input (KINGS INFINITI SUCKS)