Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

45mph zone on fwy??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Kev G37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TIMMAY
the ticket is going to be a a lot.. they price it based on the zone's speed limit and how much one was over.. and apparently the barrier for upping the fines or points in CA is 25 or over 25?.. I got a 90 in a 70 on the way to Vegas in Bakersfield in December when I got caught in some organized speed sting and the ticket was $280 BEFORE Jan 1, 2009.. But the ticket specifically warned that the State's fees/fines were all being jacked up 1/1/09 with all the new budget laws taking effect so your friend should be budgeting/expecting no less than $400+ for the speeding fine, + another $60 in "processing fee" if they want to do traffic school + the price of the traffic school..

Regardless of 1 point or 2, they should be able to take traffic school if they haven't within 18 months.. tell your friend to use www.affordablehomestudy.com.. your friend should make sure it is on the approved list they will give him/her but it typically is.. I just got done doing it at that website, which is only like $7-8! =P cheapest on the internet AND.... you can just CLICK THROUGH the pages to each "section"'s test and pretty much answer from what you know or guess your way through! NO PENALTY for wrong answers. If you fail the test, you can just take it again right away and it often recycles the same questions.

I've done traffic school 3x now, twice where I went to 8 hrs of class before they invented online traffic school and once online.. not every/most online ones don't just let you click through to the test, you have to wait and "read" for a minimum required time before the site will let you move on to the section's test.. With this website I FINISHED in 15 minutes! =P

and yes, in CA, you get TORTURED with the suspense of waiting and getting to open your magic ticket to see what you've won -$$$
Thanks for the patient and all man!!! I really appreciated it!

Originally Posted by goomba
helpigotaticket.com. Do a trial by declaration and look into illegal speed trap laws. If you were radared.. there are lots of loops holes in the law to help you beat the ticket. See my link for more information.
Thanks for the link bro!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:35 PM
goomba

If you were cited for CVC 22350 (Basic Speed Law), this ticket should be very easy to beat. However, if you were cited for CVC22349 (Exceeding 65 mph max), you will have a much harder time winning in court.

Also, speedometer pace and laser tickets are much harder to fight.. because of the nature of the equipments used.
Examples of how you can beat speeding tickets
1. If you were radared, you can request via discovery the records for radar calibration. Radar gun has to be calibrated every 6 months I believe. If this is not satisfied, you have grounds for dismissal.

2. Speed limits (not "maximum speed" signs) are based on max speeds found in traffic and engineering survey done by caltrans for that specific stretch of road. Speed limits must be a minimum of 85% of the safe speed deemed by the engineering survey. If not, you have grounds for dismissal. Also, traffic and engineering surveys must be done every 5 years. If the most recent survey is older than five years, you have another ground for dismissal. You can request the survey from caltrans.

There are many many more loopholes you can use to fight speeding tickets.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Rodzilla

Originally Posted by goomba
If you were cited for CVC 22350 (Basic Speed Law), this ticket should be very easy to beat. However, if you were cited for CVC22349 (Exceeding 65 mph max), you will have a much harder time winning in court.

Also, speedometer pace and laser tickets are much harder to fight.. because of the nature of the equipments used.
Examples of how you can beat speeding tickets
1. If you were radared, you can request via discovery the records for radar calibration. Radar gun has to be calibrated every 6 months I believe. If this is not satisfied, you have grounds for dismissal.

2. Speed limits (not "maximum speed" signs) are based on max speeds found in traffic and engineering survey done by caltrans for that specific stretch of road. Speed limits must be a minimum of 85% of the safe speed deemed by the engineering survey. If not, you have grounds for dismissal. Also, traffic and engineering surveys must be done every 5 years. If the most recent survey is older than five years, you have another ground for dismissal. You can request the survey from caltrans.

There are many many more loopholes you can use to fight speeding tickets.
Is there a site that has stuff like this for other states?