Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Santa Monica Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
G37nS2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa Monica Infiniti

ok! now everyone knows that the santa monica infiniti is completely closing soon, i just wanted to share a story that i am having with santa monica dealership.

my car was dropped off exactly two weeks before from today's date.

getting a lot of things done including previously serviced TSBs.

3 days ago, someone backed into my loaner car in the office parking lot and ran away. santa monica noticed the damage at the time of myself picking some stuff out of my car two days ago, and asked me to change the car.

so i agreed and now i am on my 2nd loaner car. i contacted my insurance company and they are working on my case. luckily, the security camera caught the person who hit my car but the license plate is not clearly visible.

so i let the dealership know. it has been exactly 3 days since everything happened.

today the lady who in control of loaner car from santa monica called me and told me that she can not be waiting for the response from the insurance.

as myself have had an experience working for the AIG, so i know the claim process takes sometime to get it organized and even more for this kind of case since they have to verify the person who hit the car.

anyway, the lady said that the car is already being worked on at the bodyshop and they have to take careof this case before they close down.

i told her that i understand that they want to get all the problems solved before they close but this is something that i can not rush also i think that they cant perform the repair until the adjuster or inspector from INS company take a look at the car.

but i guess they already have started the work on the car.

what should i do in this case? it seems like the lady will bill the repair damage directly to me....

this is very ridiculous......how can they expect to get everything straightened up in 3 days after the accident? and now they started to fix the car that my insurance has not even taken a look at

i might have to hire the lawyer if the lady who hit my car denies her fault( i know who she is. she works at same building as me so i got her plate down but it is not visible in the camera). then things might take a lot longer.

i know the loaner car is property of dealership and i understand i have the responsibility for the damage while i drive it. but i just dont undetstand the fact that they want me to rush and pay them for the repair quickly.

any good idea? should i provide the dealership the claim #? what will be my insurance's action once they find out that dealership started to repair the car before the inspection?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you let your insurance know what's going on and ask them to contact the dealership lady? At the same time, tell your dealership lady to contact the insurance since this is out of your hands.

If that doesn't work, get a lawyer.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just notify your insurance, you'll need to pay your deductible most likely. But she needs to take up any concerns with your insurance carrier. You've turned in the claim like bruin said, its no longer your problem. Hopefully they don't try to charge you for loss of use which is generally not covered by your policy.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:30 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
well New York state law, no one can touch the car until the insuarnce appraises it. and hopefully your insurance will pay for their loaner car that you're driving under the rental coverage provided by your insurance poilcy. i hope all works out.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Let your insurance take care of it for you. As long as you had the coverage, once you open a claim, everything should be going through your insurance.