Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SOCAL HELP: *PICS* test fit for 19in rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
fongaroos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOCAL HELP: *PICS* test fit for 19in rims

i have a 2008 honda accord and im thinking about buying a set of G37 OEM 19in rims. i think the bolt pattern is the same 5x114 and the offset is pretty close but i just wanted to make sure that this will fit properly without too much modification or wheel spacers.

if you'd be willing to help me out with a quick test fit please contact me. im just looking to test out a set of the OEM 19s before i buy them. i am located in the socal/los angeles area.

if you're looking to sell these please let me know.

these are the rims im looking for:

Old 02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
iiiiiekoiiiii

haha kennys excar is gettin love again in the picture
Old 02-09-2009, 03:00 PM
fongaroos

Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
haha kennys excar is gettin love again in the picture

i just pulled the first picture i found on google. im not sure who kenny is but he did a nice job with this G. its a clean lookin sedan.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
iiiiiekoiiiii

he sold it already, it had a single turbo in it =] sexsedan
Old 02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
iiiiiekoiiiii

If u were in Brooklyn NY, id let u try mine, I have them off my car for winter lol
Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
fongaroos

he sold it already, it had a single turbo in it =] sexsedan
ahhh i c. turbo'd G. sounds like a pretty mean setup! i was thinking about getting a G when the 1st gen came out. i test drove it and wow your cars are FAST!

back on topic, it seems like g37 OEM 19s are kinda tough to find. im not seeing a lot of them on craigslist or ebay.

what is the market price for these things?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
fongaroos

If u were in Brooklyn NY, id let u try mine, I have them off my car for winter lol

HOTNESS! thanks but im in socal. i was living in manhattan for YEARS and i just moved to los angeles.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
iiiiiekoiiiii

Originally Posted by fongaroos
ahhh i c. turbo'd G. sounds like a pretty mean setup! i was thinking about getting a G when the 1st gen came out. i test drove it and wow your cars are FAST!

back on topic, it seems like g37 OEM 19s are kinda tough to find. im not seeing a lot of them on craigslist or ebay.

what is the market price for these things?
market price, first goodluck findin a clean set lol ppl pay 900 for ones with littke curbage with tires. fresh rims no cuffs go for 1100 tops...
Old 02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
fongaroos

market price, first goodluck findin a clean set lol ppl pay 900 for ones with littke curbage with tires. fresh rims no cuffs go for 1100 tops...
thanks for the heads up! ill try to shop around. but these wheels are pretty rare!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
palinka
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you aware that the 19" rims are staggered, the rears are wider than the fronts?

If you must have them on a FWD Accord, at least try to pick up either 4 front ones, or 4 rear ones.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 PM
fongaroos

Originally Posted by solution
Are you aware that the 19" rims are staggered, the rears are wider than the fronts?

If you must have them on a FWD Accord, at least try to pick up either 4 front ones, or 4 rear ones.
thanks for the heads up! i am aware that they are staggered rims but i dont think it really makes any difference.

i think ill have a really hard time finding 4 front ones or 4 rear ones. its hard enough as it is to find these as a set.

ive run staggered rims on fwd, rwd, awd cars before. its not really a big deal.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
it won't fit...wheels too wide and offset not correct...the fronts might fit, but the rears should definitely not fit
Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
palinka
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason they put wider rims in the rear is to reduce oversteer/induce understeer. You might experience a bit more understeer on your FWD Honda, which already has a tendency to understeer. Probably not enough to make much of a difference in everyday driving.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
fongaroos

Originally Posted by gtracing
it won't fit...wheels too wide and offset not correct...the fronts might fit, but the rears should definitely not fit
i was running a set of rims a while ago 20x8 in the front and 20x10 in the rears. i dont think the width is the problem. i think the real issue is the offset. i know the offset is pretty close (only a few mm off from my last set of rims) but i know that different wheels require different offsets.

tire brands and specs also play a huge part in this.

thats why im looking around to see if anyone has time to do a quick testfit first.

thanks for all your input guys! i really appreciate the help! now if i could only find someone local to do a testfit really quick.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
fongaroos

Originally Posted by solution
The reason they put wider rims in the rear is to reduce oversteer/induce understeer. You might experience a bit more understeer on your FWD Honda, which already has a tendency to understeer. Probably not enough to make much of a difference in everyday driving.
yah... i had a B6A4 fwd and i didnt notice much of a difference in handling. i forgot the offset but i was running 19x8.5 in the front and 19x10 in the rears.

im a pretty conservative driver... not much spirited driving so i dont think it will make that much of a difference.

Quick Reply: SOCAL HELP: *PICS* test fit for 19in rims