Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 PM
sdpaulie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

l recently brought my car into Kearny Mesa Infiniti for some warranty service.
I have a 2008 G37s with 7,194 miles
The issues that I had asked them to address were:
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·<!--[endif]-->Center console lid was squeaking and was very difficult to open
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·<!--[endif]-->There was a creek from the A-pillar and sunroof area
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·<!--[endif]-->Creek and rattle from rear suspension
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·<!--[endif]-->I have a vibration and a high pitch squeal when depressing the clutch when shifting.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·<!--[endif]-->Large ripple in driver’s seat
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·<!--[endif]-->When the car is cold in the morning when I leave for work the rpm will climb over 2500 rpm without touching the gas pedal
When I dropped the car off on Dec. 22<SUP>nd</SUP> I went over these problems with the service advisor he took all the notes and then wrote up the ticket. At that time I told him that I was very particular about my car and I expected that my car be taken care of. He told me that they took care of every car that was in the shop. The service manager came out and we did a walk around the car; He noted that there was curb rash on the driver’s rear wheel and the passenger front wheel. This is all the damage that there was on my car. When we were done I asked the service writer to not have my car be washed. He told me “no problem” and wrote it down on the ticket. He was the coldest and unkind service writer that I have ever met. He then handed me the keys to a loaner G35 sedan. I swapped over my personal items from my car and left.
When I got in the loaner car it smelled of sour milk and was completely filthy. There were coffee stains all over the center console, greasy hand prints on the windows and spilled milk stains in the back seat that had not even been cleaned. It was the most disgusting vehicle that I have ever been in. Luckily for me I run a carwash and brought it into work and had them tidy it up for me. I shouldn’t have to do this at all. Later that day it started raining and the wipers didn’t even clear the windows as they should have.

A couple of days went by and I still hadn’t heard from them to see what the progress was on my car so I decided to call. When I talked to the service writer it seemed like he didn’t have time to talk nor did he want to talk. He quickly just told me that they were working on it and he would call me when he knew when it was going to be done. Another couple of days went by and still not a single call from them to tell me when I would be expecting to get my car back. So I call again, coincidentally same answer again. I reminded him not to wash my car again. At this point they had had my car for a week and I still had no answers. I called again on Dec 31st in hopes that I might get my car back for the holiday. The service writer at that time finally told me what they had going on. He told me that they were working on all of the creeks and rattles and that they had taken the sunroof and A-pillar assembly apart 4 or five times. At this point I am concerned—who needs to take something apart 4 or 5 times to get it right. I asked him when he thought that it might be done and he still had no answer for me. Yet again I get to wait. I call one final time on Jan. 2nd to find out what when I could expect to have my car and he was still not sure when It was going to be done. I reminded the service advisor that I did not want them to wash my car.
I finally get a phone call at about 4:30 Friday afternoon saying that my car is ready and he wanted to schedule a time for pickup. I told him not to wash it and that I would be there at 5:30 to pick it up.

When I arrived at the dealer I was pointed to the cashier to pick up my keys. When I went to the counter the girl that was there was trying to read to me what services had been done to my car. She had not the slightest clue what she was talking about. I told her that I would just rather read the technicians note and then go walk around my car before I signed that I was taking my car. I went out to my car and did a quick walk around of my car and notices that my car was semi clean. I then looked a little more closely at the paint on my car and noticed that there were scratches in the paint from whatever they had done. I walked around the car more now that I am upset that they have done this and notice more scratches on the car and some chips on the hood that were not there when I brought it in. I knew that they were working around the sunroof so I looked around the sunroof and the roof and I was completely shocked and my heart just fell out of my chest. There are a half a dozen pimple looking blemishes in the paint that were protruding from the roof. At this point I am livid and I walked back inside and asked the cashier for the service writer or his boss. She told me that the service manager went home for the day but she would get the service writer. After waiting a minute he came out and I told him that I had a big problem. I explained to him what I saw and we walked out to the car. I showed him everything that I saw. (It is dark at this point and I can still see all of the blemishes) I told him that it was completely unacceptable what they had done. I told him that I specifically asked not to have my car washed and he told me “oh they didn’t wash it they just wiped it down with a chamois to get the dew off of it for me. I said look what happened it has left scratched all over the whole car. I am not really steamed. I told him that we needed to resolve this. He said there was nothing that he could do and it would have to wait until his boss was back on Monday. I told him to get him on the phone I wanted to talk to him he told me no. Now I am using very colorful words with the service writer because I am completely upset and told him that I wanted any manager that was there. He told me not to talk to him the way that I was and I told him that I was going to talk to him anyway that I needed to get this resolved. He then walked off and told me that I should just leave. I then walked inside and talked to the first person that I saw and told them that I needed to talk to someone about what was going on he told me no problem (wow the first person that actually has tried to help me at this point) The original service writer had ran off to tell the general manager of the dealership what I had said. While I was waiting I saw a sales person that had helped me when I was in the process of buying my car. He asked what was going on and I briefly told him and he was amazed.
The general manager of the dealership comes walking down the hallway with his chest all puffed out and comes up to me and told me that if I was going to talk the way that I was that he was not going to help me and that I could leave. I told him that he could start the conversation out properly and maybe ask what is going on instead trying to dominate the situation. Shouldn’t he want to make his customer happy after hearing what happened?

We walked out to the car and he was pretty much speechless and didn’t know what to say. I told him that this needed to be resolved promptly. He told me there was nothing that he could do. WOW nobody at this dealer even the general manager can do anything????? We went inside and he told me I would need to come in on Monday so he and the service manager could look at it together. He gave me his card and I left.
When I got home I pulled my car into the garage and this is what I found:
• 6 blemishes on the roofline
• The whole car has scratches on it from being wiped down with dirt still on it
• Chips in the hood
• Scratches on front fender
• Illuminated door sill panels have scratches on them from something dragging on them
• Aluminum on door handle grip scratched
• Dark smudges on headliner
• Some sort of stain on the dashboard and gauge pod from something spilling
• Lid on center console very difficult to close(they replaced it and still has problems opening as well)
• Ripple still in the leather of the seat
• The whole car smell like some chemical solvent inside

I am sure there is more but is that enough to be disgusted? I feel like I was treated with complete disregard as a customer. As much as I like the car this will be the last infiniti product that I will ever buy. It is very sad considering that my family has a long history with Nissan that goes back to 1967 when my dad was recruited to head the Datsun competition department and later to become Nissan's competition manager for many years.
What do I do?

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 01-03-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 PM
G37kitten

Oh that sounds awful. I'm so sorry you had such a miserable experience. Where is Kearny Mesa Infiniti? I've already had an issue with the dealer I bought my car from regarding the paint. I hope things improve for you. I'd contact Infiniti directly (CEO - headquarters).
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 PM
TicketProof

I feel bad that your car is damaged but wigging out on the service writer and talking down to everyone at the dealership isn't going to make these guys go out of their way to make u happy. I'm sure they'll take care of the problem but you need to calm down when dealing with them, good luck and I hope it gets resolved quickly

Last edited by TicketProof; 01-03-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:54 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
don't let this stupid dealership sour your relationship with infiniti. i'm sorry to hear about your bad experience, the sewell dealership in dallas is fantastic... hopefully it is resolved... blame the dealership and not infiniti!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 PM
sdpaulie

Originally Posted by TicketProof
I feel bad that your car is damaged but wigging out on the service writer and talking down to everyone at the dealership isn't going to make these guys go out of their way to make u happy. I'm sure they'll take care of the problem but you need to calm down when dealing with them
Let me put it in a way that might help you understand a little better

Say you have a kid and you drop him off at daycare and you ask them to take good care of him and when you pick him up at the end of the day and he has scratches on his forehead and they all just stare at you like a deer in the headlight how would you react?

I dont have kids but I have cars. Cars are what I love.

I tried to be nice but it wasnt working so that is when it went to the next level
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 AM
TicketProof

Originally Posted by sdpaulie
Let me put it in a way that might help you understand a little better

Say you have a kid and you drop him off at daycare and you ask them to take good care of him and when you pick him up at the end of the day and he has scratches on his forehead and they all just stare at you like a deer in the headlight how would you react?

I dont have kids but I have cars. Cars are what I love.

I tried to be nice but it wasnt working so that is when it went to the next level
Now your talking down to me, I understand what happened and I deal with people like yourself and I'm sure much worse several times a day and I'm going to fill you in on a little secret trying to bully and browbeat people into doing what you want isn't going to get u anywhere in this situation. The dealer messed up and will have to make it right but having you cursing out service reps and demanding people do what u want is going to slow this process down to a grinding halt and if you think the dealer is going to care when your flipping out then I'm sorry but I think your in for a rude suprise. Again I hope they take care of this problem ASAP but if u keep a calm head its going to be better for all involved. Good luck

Last edited by TicketProof; 01-03-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
sdpaulie

Originally Posted by TicketProof
Now your talking down to me, I understand what happened and I deal with people like yourself and I'm sure much worse several times a day and I'm going to fill you in on a little secret trying to bully and browbeat people into doing what you want isn't going to get u anywhere in this situation. The dealer messed up and will have to make it right but having your cursing out service reps and demanding people do what u want is going to slow this process down to a grinding halt and if you think the dealer is going to care when your flipping out your in for a rude suprise.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Ticketproof,

Hey man I don't think that he was talking down to you he was just trying to help you to relate to how he was feeling.

ok so to the OP... I know this sucks and I hate it for you. A word of advice however go ahead and get the ball rolling with Infiniti Consumer affairs and your lawyer. Be ready to act quickly if you need to. You can always call off the dogs if things turn around in your favor.

In many cases you can even use your Insurance company and subrogate. It takes a little of the hassel out of your dealing with it.

Hopefully it wont need to go that far though.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 01-03-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
TicketProof

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Ticketproof,

Hey man I don't think that he was talking down to you he was just trying to help you to relate to how he was feeling.

ok so to the OP... I know this sucks and I hate it for you. A word of advice however go ahead and get the ball rolling with Infiniti Consumer affairs and your lawyer. Be ready to act quickly if you need to. You can always call off the dogs if things turn around in your favor.

In many cases you can even use your Insurance company and subrogate. It takes a little of the hassel out of your dealing with it.

I understand his frustration but his response seemed condescending, if I misinterpreted it then I appologize, I hope it works out for him
Old 01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ good advice khaboom
Old 01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That really sucks, yelling at the dealer will get you nothing. Try to work it out with the service advisor and managers. Let them know you will contact Infiniti and the BBB if they do not fix the damaged they caused to the car.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 AM
sdpaulie

that is the prob no matter how much someone tries to fix it; it will never be right. paint will never exactly match no matter how hard anyone tries. It will be very close but for me that is not ok. this is why I am so incredibly frustrated...

Ticketproof was not talking down to you. just trying to help you understand how i feel.. =)
Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Ticketproof,

+1. i don't think the op is talking down to anyone. i think he was enraged after figuring out no one was willing to take responsibility for the damage to his $40k car. i agree that anger doesn't always get a desired response, but i don't blame the guy. also, you didn't answer his quesion to you.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 01-03-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:45 AM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sdpaulie
that is the prob no matter how much someone tries to fix it; it will never be right. paint will never exactly match no matter how hard anyone tries. It will be very close but for me that is not ok. this is why I am so incredibly frustrated...

Ticketproof was not talking down to you. just trying to help you understand how i feel.. =)
Well you are going to have to deal with it, its not like they are going to give you a new car because of a few dents/scratches. Make sure you take it to a shop that you trust if you are already saying the paint will never be perfect. Its sucks, but there is really nothing you can do, this is why I hate taking my car to the dealer. I need to get the radio replaced, and a few other minor things fixed, but I don't want to because of all the problems people have with dealers.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 AM
mal_TX

Are those screw heads poking through the roof from the sunroof assembly? WTF? Did they take the sunroof assembly apart and overtighten the screws putting it back together? Jesus... I'm never asking my dealership to fix any rattles!

Quick Reply: Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!