Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
NACZ3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates?

Originally Posted by boostard

Oh, and NACZ3, the vehicle CAN run "regular" unleaded fuel. The ECU will automatically detect the lower octane gas and will retard the timing accordingly. Granted you wont get the maximum performance out of the car, but the sales person saying that the G37 "runs" on standard pump gas isn't a mistruth.
He was saying it was okay to just run it on regular all the time instead of premium, which is a mistruth as the owners manual says that anything less than 91 Octane should only be used temporarily and that you should fill up with premium as soon as you can. (page 9-4 in the owners manual below).

"Use unleaded premium gasoline with an octane
rating of at least 91 AKI (Anti-Knock Index)
number (Research octane number 96).
If premium gasoline is not available, unleaded
regular gasoline with an octane rating of 87 AKI
number (Research octane number 91) may be
temporarily used, but only under the following
precautions:
- Have the fuel tank filled only partially with
unleaded regular gasoline, and fill up with
unleaded premium gasoline as soon as
possible.
- Avoid full throttle driving and abrupt acceleration."

Last edited by NACZ3; 05-27-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I too, would like to hear an update!

I recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a 2008 (new, left-over stock) G37 coupe from KMI. I haven't had anything but a good experience with them so far, however. Hell, I've even got 2 washes/waxes and an interior detailing out of them since buying the car (not counting the exterior/interior detailing and full tank of fuel done the day I received the vehicle). The sales people were above par and very knowledgeable about the car, and I did negotiate (IMO) a rather good deal on my G37 (not including the 0.9% APR offered since it was an '08). They even threw in a trunk net, 2009 reflash for the GPS unit, and both black & stone floor mats free of charge (I have a black car with stone interior and didin't know if the black mats would look better... they DO).

Of course, I haven't needed any warranty work done given that the car has ~500 miles on it.

Oh, and NACZ3, the vehicle CAN run "regular" unleaded fuel. The ECU will automatically detect the lower octane gas and will retard the timing accordingly. Granted you wont get the maximum performance out of the car, but the sales person saying that the G37 "runs" on standard pump gas isn't a mistruth.

dont do the regular gas at all. it's too much of a headache w/ this topic already. just leave it at 91 or 89 for emergencies.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a 2008 (new, left-over stock) G37 coupe from KMI. I haven't had anything but a good experience with them so far, however. Hell, I've even got 2 washes/waxes and an interior detailing out of them since buying the car (not counting the exterior/interior detailing and full tank of fuel done the day I received the vehicle). The sales people were above par and very knowledgeable about the car, and I did negotiate (IMO) a rather good deal on my G37 (not including the 0.9% APR offered since it was an '08). They even threw in a trunk net, 2009 reflash for the GPS unit, and both black & stone floor mats free of charge (I have a black car with stone interior and didin't know if the black mats would look better... they DO).

Of course, I haven't needed any warranty work done given that the car has ~500 miles on it.

Some clarifications:

If they throw in mats, it is charged to the deal. It came out of your pocket.

The vehicle CAN run on regular fuel. It won't like it, and neither will your wallet when your engine goes and your warranty claim is denied. The vehicle specifies 91 octane. Don't buy a 40k car, if you can't afford to spend 3 extra dollars per fill up. You can't even buy a coffee at starbucks for that.

The wash/wax are done buy guy that are likely paid 8 bucks/hour.

KM Infiniti has a very bad rep for a reason.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM
NACZ3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a 2008 (new, left-over stock) G37 coupe from KMI. I haven't had anything but a good experience with them so far, however. Hell, I've even got 2 washes/waxes and an interior detailing out of them since buying the car (not counting the exterior/interior detailing and full tank of fuel done the day I received the vehicle). The sales people were above par and very knowledgeable about the car, and I did negotiate (IMO) a rather good deal on my G37 (not including the 0.9% APR offered since it was an '08). They even threw in a trunk net, 2009 reflash for the GPS unit, and both black & stone floor mats free of charge (I have a black car with stone interior and didn't know if the black mats would look better... they DO).

Can you verify that they did a navigation update for you? Hit the Info button and then select Navigation Version--it should say 08-09. Tom, the service manager, claims that their service department has never done a flash update on a new car as of today. If they did, good for you. I wouldn't take their word for it.