Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
JS71796

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
That's the dumbest question ever.

Mike@Riverside works for Riverside Infiniti... What part of that don't you understand.
Do you know what a sarcastic joke is?!?!?!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
smalls'g37

Originally Posted by sdpaulie
Better Business Bureau
Too funny. It took me so long to figure that out. Talk about dense. What a blonde moment. No offense to any blondes out there. I would say go for it. It certainly wouldn't hurt your cause
Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
kittens solve all issues. Take a kitten into the service department next time and the car will be fixed and all will be good with the world.
hahhahaha!!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdpaulie
Update:

I went to a very reputable body shop this morning ans was told that they whole roof panel would have to be replaced.

I went to the dealer and talked to the service manager. (brought a friend as a witness and to make sure that my lid didn't come unglued. Yet again nobody nobody called me about anything I had to take the initiative. No apologies whatsoever still either. After showing him the dents in the roof he started by telling me "oh my mobile dent guy just left" I quickly replied that is completely unacceptable. Then he asked what I wanted and I told him that I wanted to ave factory quality, finish and 100% color match. Te said strait out that it could not be done. He said they can hammer the dents down and then sand and paint it. Again I said this was unacceptable. I told him what I was told in the body shop and they the roof panel needed to be replaced. He told me that he was not going to replace the roof panel. then he said that even if they did replace the panel it would not be perfect. I told him that it was perfect when I brought the car into the dealer. My witness and I were completely floored. I then showed him all of the other problems and he had the nerve to tell me that they were all from normal wear and tear. This is not the case. Him and I walked the vehicle when I brought it in and there was nothing except the curb rash on the wheels. He told be that he wants a second opinion from another show that he wants me to go to. I don't think that is right. All said and done I told him that I would not be happy unless my car was 100% like it was when I brought it in.

For much of the time the GM of the dealer was stading in the window watching our conversation and didnt even come outside.

We got in the car and left--the service manager went inside strait to the GM.

Why are these guys hastling me? I was nothing but nice with everyone when I was there. I am just trying to proceed amicably.
Okay Paulie:

I was a little harsh with my opinion on how you handled the initial contact with the dealership, but it's time to call in the big guns now. I wouldn't wait on Infiniti Customer Service, I'd show-up at the dealership with an attorney in tow.

Did the independent body shop write up an estimate on repairing the damage? You may want to get several opinions.

At this point, based on the damage described (new roof?), I'd want a new car, nothing less. From what you describe, this is complete incompetence, and frankly, destruction of private property.

Best of luck to you, and please keep us updated.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Okay Paulie:

I was a little harsh with my opinion on how you handled the initial contact with the dealership, but it's time to call in the big guns now. I wouldn't wait on Infiniti Customer Service, I'd show-up at the dealership with an attorney in tow.

Did the independent body shop write up an estimate on repairing the damage? You may want to get several opinions.

At this point, based on the damage described (new roof?), I'd want a new car, nothing less. From what you describe, this is complete incompetence, and frankly, destruction of private property.

Best of luck to you, and please keep us updated.

That is unacceptable. I agree... Sue them! Most of the dealers (not all though) are nothing but....Well already said it once.
I wish car companies will switch from having dealers to going to a showroom and buy directly...
Good luck!
-A
Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
sdpaulie

Update #2

Someone called me from the infiniti executive team today. (I sent some emails to executives) I told them what had happened and this is the first person that has apologized to me. I basically emailed what I have written here. They told me that they talked to the service writer when they were trying to get ahold of the service manager. He told them that they were working with a body shop. this is not the case. Infiniti told me that they were going to contact the GM and the owner of the dealer. I told them that I was not going to accept sub standard repairs and that they needed to get me into another car. This was not my plan but I guess it works. I had planed on having this car but if I have to sign another lease I guess I will. All said and done with this no real progress. We will see what happens.

I filed a claim with BBB stating the same thing.

I also emailed Consumerist.com to see if they will post anything on their site.

Will keep you updated
Old 01-07-2009, 01:43 AM
ZACHSQUATCH

I don't know what it is about the last kitten picture that Shumby posted, but I just can't stop laughing when I look at it.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:59 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
don't laugh at the poor kittens
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 AM
ZACHSQUATCH

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
no problem. i just find it weak on your part to make excuses for a shoddy workmanship. i think its weak that you think rattles are o.k.. who cares if your s2k rattles and you are fine with it? most people aren't fine with it because it is not supposed to rattle. i guess we all should just accept it because we own nissan...even if we paid a little more for them.

weak dude.
I think your taking this a bit out of context. Mike is merely stating that no matter what price a car is, if you drive it hard, the thing is going to develop rattles. Not wholly uncommon for an object with moving parts.

Case in point: I just took a leak. After doing so, I put the seat down to save myself from girlfriends wrath. This unleashed a beast of a shreik that woke my girlfriend up. So I got the wrath anyways.

In other words, would a more expensive toilet seat have saved me the headache? Maybe...but if you eat a lot of fiber chances are even the expensive toilet seat is going to squeak eventually. So there is no getting past it.

Moral of the story: There isn't one, I just like the sound of typing.

The end.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:11 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZACHSQUATCH

Case in point: I just took a leak. After doing so, I put the seat down to save myself from girlfriends wrath. This unleashed a beast of a shreik that woke my girlfriend up. So I got the wrath anyways.

Moral of the story: There isn't one, I just like the sound of typing.

The end.

Now that is funny. True, but funny all the same.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
alexg

yeah..i agree with the Kearny Mesa service which sucks...and Tom is an idiot , he acts like he needs to pay for your warranty issues out of his pocket...I really don get these people, I'll never go back to that dealership and I'm gonna try to go to Escondido or even Carlsbad for as long as I stay in SD...but yeah, if you want something fixed, try to go to Riverside Infiniti..they're way better, everyone loves them...I mean, i went there to change my oil, and I show the guy my right side of my seat cover(sports seats) ,it's a bit bubbling and I was wondering if that's normal(7600miles), and the guy..was like, "oh, no problem Alex, will order the cover and will replace it and I'll give you a call when we get the part"...wow...now I'm waiting on the phonecall..(my parents live in Riverside)....Im sorry for you experience, but yeah I don't recommend that dealership for nobody. And for sure, I would write a letter to the Infiniti HQ, but I don't really know where....any suggestions??
KEep us updated.....good luck , bro
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 AM
NACZ3

Any updates on resolving this with Kearny Mesa Infiniti?

They have a B- on the BBB in SD (last I looked, it's now showing that it's being updated).

Things that you expect service to take care of aren't done until they speak with sales and then it seems they put you to task the car wasn't already like that. My shift boot wasn't properly installed. They didn't do the Infiniti checklists prior to me picking up the car---found them empty (except for the initial dealer checklist). The salesman wanted me to bring the Infiniti survey into him and he'd give me a car wash (with scratches) and a free tank of gas ---- not likely I'll be doing that. One salesman I spoke with said the G37 just used regular gas -- blatant ignorance of not knowing about your product.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:29 PM
boostard

I too, would like to hear an update!

I recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a 2008 (new, left-over stock) G37 coupe from KMI. I haven't had anything but a good experience with them so far, however. Hell, I've even got 2 washes/waxes and an interior detailing out of them since buying the car (not counting the exterior/interior detailing and full tank of fuel done the day I received the vehicle). The sales people were above par and very knowledgeable about the car, and I did negotiate (IMO) a rather good deal on my G37 (not including the 0.9% APR offered since it was an '08). They even threw in a trunk net, 2009 reflash for the GPS unit, and both black & stone floor mats free of charge (I have a black car with stone interior and didin't know if the black mats would look better... they DO).

Of course, I haven't needed any warranty work done given that the car has ~500 miles on it.

Oh, and NACZ3, the vehicle CAN run "regular" unleaded fuel. The ECU will automatically detect the lower octane gas and will retard the timing accordingly. Granted you wont get the maximum performance out of the car, but the sales person saying that the G37 "runs" on standard pump gas isn't a mistruth.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:16 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, missed this post. OP, I'm with ya, if a dealer damaged my car like that It would take a vulkan effort for me to maintain cool. I would still address them professionally, but they would clearly see in my eyes... this will be a fight to the death until resovled. And no the kitty wouldn't work, I'd watch it try to swim...

They knew this damage was there, they decided to make you experience the pain of fighting to get it fixed hoping you would cave in and relieve them of their responsibility like I'm sure many have.

Time to engage councel, I doubt at this point you'll reach an acceptable resolution otherwise. I like the new car settlement plus legal fees, you've been damage here and that would be acceptable reciprocity.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crazy story. Good thing it is just a lease

Quick Reply: Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!