Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mike@riverside
I'm addressing rattles and rattles only. My car rattles like a tin can due it's performance oriented nature and my driving habits. Not once have I said that someone shouldn't be held responsible for their work.

I can strum up all the business I want for the dealership, but I won't be paid a dime for any of it. I am here as an enthusiast. I just happen to sell cars too.
yeah, you just make excuses for them...weak.

@ the OP:

Kearny Mesa doesn't have the best of reputations; you can just search for them over on g35 driver and read the stories...

They have a closed market, and as such, don't need to be the best, or even close to the best dealership in the area to retain their business.

Many SD owners will make the ~100 mile drive up to us to get service done for that very reason.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I have no fight with you, whats your problem?

I'm simply stating facts. Want another closed market example? Try Vegas. They don't deal.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

I'm simply stating facts. Want another closed market example? Try Vegas. They don't deal.
no problem. i just find it weak on your part to make excuses for a shoddy workmanship. i think its weak that you think rattles are o.k.. who cares if your s2k rattles and you are fine with it? most people aren't fine with it because it is not supposed to rattle. i guess we all should just accept it because we own nissan...even if we paid a little more for them.

My Honda cost more than my G, and the rattles/creaks are... well... lets just say I'd be more than happy to take you for a ride.

Remember, the G is nothing more than a Nissan, even if it is an expensive one.

Yes, there shouldn't be any creaks and rattles, but for a 1st year car, I believe the 2nd gen G is FAR better than the 1st gen.
weak dude.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
no problem. i just find it weak on your part to make excuses for a shoddy workmanship. i think its weak that you think rattles are o.k.. who cares if your s2k rattles and you are fine with it? most people aren't fine with it because it is not supposed to rattle. i guess we all should just accept it because we own nissan...even if we paid a little more for them.
My Honda cost more than my G, and the rattles/creaks are... well... lets just say I'd be more than happy to take you for a ride.

Remember, the G is nothing more than a Nissan, even if it is an expensive one.

Yes, there shouldn't be any creaks and rattles, but for a 1st year car, I believe the 2nd gen G is FAR better than the 1st gen.
You must have overlooked that post. I said that there shouldn't be any rattles.

*edit* lol @ your ninja-edit.

*edit2*My s2k didn't rattle new. My rattles are all a result of my driving. A 2nd gen G shouldn't have any rattles. If you have an early production model, then... lets just say I can point out a LOT of flaws with the car. Fitment is still not up to par. My Honda's fitment is still better than that of the G.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:46 PM
leeladisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
My point is yes, if there is actually something wrong with your car bring it in for service. But a few squeaks, wear on a leather seating surface, and normal startup idling are hardly what I would call "serious defects in design and manufacture". Face it, alot of you guys think because you bought said $40k luxury car the dealer should kiss your *** and replace anything you don't LIKE (rather than what is truly a fault of the manufacturer). To my mind the only thing that should have been replaced for this guy was the faulty center armrest.....
With all due respect, no one here is asking for a$$ kissing because we purchased expensive (relatively) vehicles. If the dealer does not believe there is a problem, they should NOT attempt a repair that causes more damage and problems than it was originally brought in for... I ask about a LOT fo things on this vehicle, many of them are normal and the dealer explains how/why. In this case, the OP essentially was prescribed medication with side effects worse than the condition for which the medication was prescribed - who is at fault??? The doctor (read: dealer) of course... I certainly would not take medication for a headache that was certain to cause a heart attack, so why would we bring our car in for simple simple problems and expect it is ok that the car is returned totalled? I know that is an extreme example, but in this case, the damage appears to be in both time and value to the vehicle for the OP and any subsequent owner. Body work depreciates a vehicle, regarldless of who causes it and how it is repaired and handled....

This is a bit beyond a$$ kissing... it's about respect and customer service.

L
Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

You must have overlooked that post. I said that there shouldn't be any rattles.

*edit* lol @ your ninja-edit.

*edit2*My s2k didn't rattle new. My rattles are all a result of my driving. A 2nd gen G shouldn't have any rattles. If you have an early production model, then... lets just say I can point out a LOT of flaws with the car. Fitment is still not up to par. My Honda's fitment is still better than that of the G.
didn't edit anything weak sauce. was just putting two quotes together and posted by accident. and again you are weak for using the first year model excuse. lol right back at you weak sauce.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i like kittens here look at this kitten and now be friends

Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

what does a closed market have to with lack of proper service and good customer relations. just because you're the only game in town doesn't mean you can represent your company acting like douchebags.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^^ have you not looked at the kitten?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

hey shumby, your stewie is giving me the creeps.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have said twice that once the dealer screwed up the OP's car they were certainly at fault and have to do whatever it takes to make it right. Nobody's arguing that. My gripe was with him bringing it to the dealer in the first place. I've seen many people like this, complaining about the most minor stuff and expecting the red carpet rolled out for them because "I bought a $40k car dammit". So what? $40k isn't even that expensive these days.

A car is a very complicated machine that is expected to do alot of things for a long time (drive through rain, deserts, mountains, snow, potholes, etc for thousands of miles). This idea that it is the manufacturer's fault that a rattle or squeak develops is just idiotic. In spite of this, most dealers will bend over backwards to help you out. Some won't. And some will jack your car up.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracer g37

weak dude.
I don't recall the part of the warranty that covers rattles due to use of a vehicle over time. Most dealers will try to fix them just because it is good customer service. They are not required to by the warranty however....
Old 01-04-2009, 07:48 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I don't recall the part of the warranty that covers rattles due to use of a vehicle over time. Most dealers will try to fix them just because it is good customer service. They are not required to by the warranty however....
sure there is. bumper to bumper warrants any issues you have with the car less normal wear and tear. a car with 7k miles is not worn nor torn. in addition, i think the issues at hand with rattles and squeaks in the a pillar are due to faulty welds and workmanship from the factory.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Mike

Warranties are not bumper to bumper. It is a limited basic warranty. Read the fine print. Creeks and rattles are not covered. Most dealers will good-will them.

A car with 7k miles is not worn or torn? How bout a GT3 CUP? Can I take it in and complain that my 160k car is ratting at 500 miles?

Rattles and squeaks are not caused by faulty welds. It is from fitment issues and rubbing.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

keep repping your side dude. makes you real good with the average joes on this board. we're all greatful to the mighty dealership that they have such good will enough to stand by their product.

edit: god forbid we expect "good fitment" and "non-rubbing" to be standard quality on our pricey nissans.
Warranties are not bumper to bumper. It is a limited basic warranty. Read the fine print. Creeks and rattles are not covered. Most dealers will good-will them.

A car with 7k miles is not worn or torn? How bout a GT3 CUP? Can I take it in and complain that my 160k car is ratting at 500 miles?

Rattles and squeaks are not caused by faulty welds. It is from fitment issues and rubbing.

Quick Reply: Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!