Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
My point is yes, if there is actually something wrong with your car bring it in for service. But a few squeaks, wear on a leather seating surface, and normal startup idling are hardly what I would call "serious defects in design and manufacture". Face it, alot of you guys think because you bought said $40k luxury car the dealer should kiss your *** and replace anything you don't LIKE (rather than what is truly a fault of the manufacturer). To my mind the only thing that should have been replaced for this guy was the faulty center armrest.....
Very well said.

How much profit did the dealer make on the car? Check out the buying and selling section if you think it's more than anything miniscule.

As stated above, Infiniti made the car, not the dealer. Infiniti is reponsible for manufacturing defects, not the dealer. The dealer is simply the retail conduit for Infiniti, the manufactuer.

First off, I suggest you find a dealer you get along with. Escondido is the next closest to you, with us being 3rd, and Mission Viejo being 4th. You have an option. (Remember, less people buy 40k cars than 20k cars, thus, you have less dealers to choose from. If you buy a 80k Porsche, you'll even LESS option).

If the 2nd dealer is unable to solve your problems, then get in contact with Infiniti Corporate. Anytime Infiniti Corporate gets involved, the dealer WILL BE PAID for any work, and will be more than happy to comply.

Remember, it is Infiniti, the manufacturer, that ultimately determines if something is warranty or not, not the dealer.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:00 AM
smalls'g37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2Envy
Yep a lot of people have complained about KMI on this forum already. You may want to consider taking your car to the one in Escondido or Carlsbad.

I still take my car in to KMI only because it's so close and convenient. I only go there for oil changes though. If I find anything else that needs to be fixed I'll probably go to the other two dealerships I listed above.

The last time I took my car in for an oil change I told the service guy not to wash the car, as I always tell them. When I got the paper print out of what was to be done to the car that day, I noticed that this time the "No Wash Please" was not listed! I quickly went back to the service guy and told him to make a note as to not wash the car.

I guess by me still taking my car to KMI I'm playing a game of Russian Roulette. Hopefully all I'll ever need them to do is my oil change but if they do something to **** me off I'm heading straight to the other dealerships.

Good luck man. Sucks to hear about your baby being put through this torture. Let us know what they end up doing.
After my run in with the PEG LEG and sorry *** "service manager," I dont go there unless i absolutely have to. I would rather make the 45 minute drive to escondido to get my car serviced than deal with the a$$holes at KM infiniti.

Sorry that the OP had to find out the hard way.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:15 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
My point is yes, if there is actually something wrong with your car bring it in for service. But a few squeaks, wear on a leather seating surface, and normal startup idling are hardly what I would call "serious defects in design and manufacture". Face it, alot of you guys think because you bought said $40k luxury car the dealer should kiss your *** and replace anything you don't LIKE (rather than what is truly a fault of the manufacturer). To my mind the only thing that should have been replaced for this guy was the faulty center armrest.....
o.k.. my point is that if you cannot fix it, or do not want to fix it, be up front with the owner an tell them to take it to the next level with infiniti corporate. do not go half a$$ed into repairs you dont want/unable to fix with such little respect for someone elses property...property you are entrusted with to return in the condition it was given to you.

edit: my g35 had a bunch of little sqeaks and rattles that i learned to live with (almost from the beginning of ownership/around 2k miles). i never took it into the dealership for this problem, but they did drive me nuts enough to never want to buy another infiniti. however, i had the opportunity to spend some time in an fx that had a bunch of miles that did not have any noise problems like the g. i also read up on this board before i purchased the g37 and was confortable with the infomation that i read here that the rattles and squeaks weren't a problem anymore. so far, my g37 is rattle and sqeak free at 4k miles. i think there is an understanding that a premium division of an auto maker should be building quality cars that buyers pay a premium for.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 01-04-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Mike

My Honda cost more than my G, and the rattles/creaks are... well... lets just say I'd be more than happy to take you for a ride.

Remember, the G is nothing more than a Nissan, even if it is an expensive one.

Yes, there shouldn't be any creaks and rattles, but for a 1st year car, I believe the 2nd gen G is FAR better than the 1st gen.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 AM
andromeda

If you think this was a bad experience, you really should have seen the way I was treated by the sales manager when I got my G a few weeks ago. But I like the car too much to be influenced by these low class people. Because I have a lot more respect for a guys working at McDonalds than for a dealership (with very very few exceptions). The dealership I'm talking about is Infiniti of Bedford.

Regards,
-A
Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 AM
sdpaulie

Originally Posted by smalls'g37
After my run in with the PEG LEG and sorry *** "service manager," I dont go there unless i absolutely have to. I would rather make the 45 minute drive to escondido to get my car serviced than deal with the a$$holes at KM infiniti.

Sorry that the OP had to find out the hard way.

I think we had the same service writer. He looked like he could walk in circles all day.....
Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
JS71796

Originally Posted by mike@riverside
My Honda cost more than my G, and the rattles/creaks are... well... lets just say I'd be more than happy to take you for a ride.

Remember, the G is nothing more than a Nissan, even if it is an expensive one.

Yes, there shouldn't be any creaks and rattles, but for a 1st year car, I believe the 2nd gen G is FAR better than the 1st gen.
That's funny Mike. I have a 98 Accord as my winter car with 180k miles and it doesn't have any rattles. Why spend over 40k for a Honda anyways?!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 PM
JS71796

Originally Posted by andromeda
If you think this was a bad experience, you really should have seen the way I was treated by the sales manager when I got my G a few weeks ago. But I like the car too much to be influenced by these low class people. Because I have a lot more respect for a guys working at McDonalds than for a dealership (with very very few exceptions). The dealership I'm talking about is Infiniti of Bedford.

Regards,
-A
Who is the sales manager now? I know the GM pretty well and am shocked to hear you bring that up.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:30 PM
smalls'g37

Originally Posted by sdpaulie
I think we had the same service writer. He looked like he could walk in circles all day.....
That would be him. His name starts with a T and ends with an ODD. Ever since my altercation with him and the service manager, PEG isnt allowed to talk or help me anymore while i am there, and the service manager usually avoids me as well. Jeff is really nice if you absolutely have to go there. Dont let PEG talk down to you, as thats what he did to me...

...and now hes not allowed to talk to me anymore. So if you raise enough hell and drop the "L" word, they will get their act together
Old 01-04-2009, 03:38 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Very well said.

How much profit did the dealer make on the car? Check out the buying and selling section if you think it's more than anything miniscule.
I think that we would both agree that from a customers standpoint one could care less how much profit the dealer makes especially with regard to how that should facilitate the type of service one should receive. If a servicer is not making enough profit to make it worth their while to provide excellect customer care then they should get out of th ebusiness.
I don't think that anyone is arguing the purpose of the dealership but think that some folks may be getting off the track some here. The OPs original point was that his car was damaged or was not returned in the condition which he left it and subsequent responses to the new problems created by the dealer were less than satisfactory by most industry standards.

As stated above, Infiniti made the car, not the dealer. Infiniti is reponsible for manufacturing defects, not the dealer. The dealer is simply the retail conduit for Infiniti, the manufactuer.
You hit the nail on the head there and thus with regard to service, they are getting paid to provide it and he should expect that service is provided to reasonable satisfaction. I suspect that this dealership realized that the repairs would most likely come out of their own pocket and perhaps service techs realized that they would thus be held accountable so instead of taking responsibility they try to turn the tables on the customer.

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by majin ssj eric

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
o.k.. my point is that if you cannot fix it, or do not want to fix it, be up front with the owner an tell them to take it to the next level with infiniti corporate. do not go half a$$ed into repairs you dont want/unable to fix with such little respect for someone elses property...property you are entrusted with to return in the condition it was given to you.
+1
I think that is the point most are trying to make here. Some others are trying to say that he brought this upon himself. I think tha tsome folks are speaking out of turn. There is no way tha tanyone could truly know the seriousness of his issue unless they were there to experience it or is a certified mechanic and assessed the vehicle.

Most of us know that the roof/ A-pilar issue is not "minor" The repairs that were needed on most people that have had this issue include wither welding or bonding roof panels back together that have come lose.

I think that the customer service relationship goes both ways however there is still a greater responsibility to the servicer than the customer because that's what the servicer gets paid to do.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Mike

Having personally dealt with Kearny Mesa on multiple occasions, I highly recommend that SD guys make the drive to Escondito/Riverside/Mission Viejo.

As stated above, we have quite a few regulars from SD (Almost 10% of our service customer base)
Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 PM
andromeda

Infiniti of Bedford

Originally Posted by JS71796
Who is the sales manager now? I know the GM pretty well and am shocked to hear you bring that up.
His name is Mr. Bob Bowersock. He was rude, impolite and treated us very badly...I could take it but felt very bad (and nervous for that matter) because his tone was directed to my wife as well..On my remark that I will NOT recommend his dealership to any of my friends, he simply replied "I don't care..." Funny thing is that I just got a letter from the GM who asked us if we were completely satisfied. For some reason I believe that whatever I say to him it won't matter. Period. Everybody else was professional and courteous.

Regards,
A
Old 01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by JS71796
That's funny Mike. I have a 98 Accord as my winter car with 180k miles and it doesn't have any rattles. Why spend over 40k for a Honda anyways?!
Your Accord isn't a performance car... my s2k is =\

In fact, my 08 rattles worse at 20k than my 05 did at 85k. To be fair, I'm a much more experienced driver now and drive this harder than I did my 05... and the suspension is much harsher.

Most of the rattles I have are common and have easy fixes, and my clutch buzz just makes the whole car vibrate, bringing out all kinds of funny noises.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Your Accord isn't a performance car... my s2k is =\

In fact, my 08 rattles worse at 20k than my 05 did at 85k. To be fair, I'm a much more experienced driver now and drive this harder than I did my 05... and the suspension is much harsher.

Most of the rattles I have are common and have easy fixes, and my clutch buzz just makes the whole car vibrate, bringing out all kinds of funny noises.
what's your point again? are you strumming up business for dealership or are you shrugging off the op's idea that people should take responsibility for their work?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Mike

I'm addressing rattles and rattles only. My car rattles like a tin can due it's performance oriented nature and my driving habits. Not once have I said that someone shouldn't be held responsible for their work.

I can strum up all the business I want for the dealership, but I won't be paid a dime for any of it. I am here as an enthusiast. I just happen to sell cars too.

Quick Reply: Kearny Mesa Infiniti—Worst Experience EVER!