Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Front Plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got the stillen bracket but still havent used it yet lol
Old 04-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW, a cop can pull you over for no front plate in Cali to whoever said they can't. Expired tags, tint, exhaust, no front plates, they tell officers scanning the road to look for these violations to make stops. Mostly just to see if they can catch a bigger violation, DUI, stolen vehicle, etc....
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by Graham
BTW, a cop can pull you over for no front plate in Cali to whoever said they can't. Expired tags, tint, exhaust, no front plates, they tell officers scanning the road to look for these violations to make stops. Mostly just to see if they can catch a bigger violation, DUI, stolen vehicle, etc....
You are absolutely correct - for anything. However, if all you have is a missing front license plate and everything else is clean, I doubt you'd get a ticket, perhaps just a warning.

But, if you're speeding, missing a license plate, every window tinted (with limo tint), loud exhaust, bad attitude - look out.

Drive safe...

Semper Fi
Old 04-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Personal example, I used to drive a Lifted GMC Sierra, (see pic below)

Obviously this is not the tallest lifted truck out there, I got pulled over once for nothing other than, No Mud Flaps, Tint, Plates, and too loud of stereo. How he gave me the last one I have no idea considering I was going 40 mph on a regular street, with just 2 10's.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

^^^Graham was bumping
Old 04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Lol....I saw the cop I turned the radio down, but he saw my flip up touch screen and when i tried to deny i have any speakers added. "I doubt that, I know you guys and your fun little trucks," he said.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Former USMC
You are absolutely correct - for anything. However, if all you have is a missing front license plate and everything else is clean, I doubt you'd get a ticket, perhaps just a warning.

But, if you're speeding, missing a license plate, every window tinted (with limo tint), loud exhaust, bad attitude - look out.

Drive safe...

Semper Fi
Which is why I carry my plate in the trunk. I'll just say I have an appointment with the dealership to drill holes in my bumper. That ought to do the trick...??
Old 04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
ChOy BoY

they could pull us over here too in NY..and meter maids can give tickets when ur parked
Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Which is why I carry my plate in the trunk. I'll just say I have an appointment with the dealership to drill holes in my bumper. That ought to do the trick...??
Unless you get pulled over after dealers close at night?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Officer Discretion......that's what it will come down to, I've been told by cops to admit to not having the plate and in a calm voice state you don't want a front plate for this reason. "I know most people keep front plates off for the asthetic purposes, but I leave my plate off because I know that gives you the right to pull me over at any time. Personally with such a car I'd feel better paying the fix-it ticket, knowing that if someone stole my car the police would be able to be pull the car over for a plate violation." Now as to if that really works, I haven't had to answer because I rock front plates. They could call you a rich dumb sh*t and give you a ticket anyways, but its the best excuse i've ever heard.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
doubt ful.... ^ lol
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by Graham
Personal example, I used to drive a Lifted GMC Sierra, (see pic below)

Obviously this is not the tallest lifted truck out there, I got pulled over once for nothing other than, No Mud Flaps, Tint, Plates, and too loud of stereo. How he gave me the last one I have no idea considering I was going 40 mph on a regular street, with just 2 10's.
Graham,

If I were the officer, I would pull you over as well...just to closely look at your fine ride - sweet!

SF
Old 04-24-2008, 12:19 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a good way to do pull it off!!
i guess i will do that startign now on.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

lol I've kept my plate and bracket in the trunk ever since they came in the mail incase this ever came up
Old 04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Take note, I was watching TMZ with the girlfriend and i saw Adam Levin of Maroon 5 get pulled over for dealer plates on his Aston Martin. He showed the officer the plates he got in the mail, The officer wrote him up for not putting the plates on the car, so just because you have your plates on you doesn't get you off the hook. Unless your more popular than some rock star.

(BTW, I don't watch TMZ, my girlfriend manages to steal the remote when I'm in a drozy state between napping.)

Quick Reply: Front Plate