Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Front Plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sigh.. after i posted no holes drilled i got a no front license plate ticket!!!!
ARRRHHHH irvine cops are so gay!!!
so wut u guys suggest? 3M that thing and have it right off?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 PM
SctrojansG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gan78mao
sigh.. after i posted no holes drilled i got a no front license plate ticket!!!!
SECTION 5200-5206

5200. (a) When two license plates are issued by the department for
use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which
they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.
(b) When only one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle,
it shall be attached to the rear thereof, unless the license plate is
issued for use upon a truck tractor, in which case the license plate
shall be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5.

I would say that if you took delivery of your car with one license plate in the rear and there are no holes in the front then I would say that you only need license plates in the rear. I would get better clarification of this. But i dont recal ever seeing front license plates on any porshe's or other high end sports cars. I will put the url in ths as well.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...file=5200-5206
Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude that sucks! How much was the ticket? $10?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
gan78mao

see, the thing is, i dont mind paying for the ticket, but the cop insisted me to go have a check up to write it off, so now i have to either drill a hole, or i will try to zip tie and 3m on the mesh on the bumper!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel ya gan78mao. I lived in Irvine for 4 years while going to UCI and got 3 tickets in one year. I also got pulled over a couple times for not having a front plate (although they didn't give me a ticket, they just used it as an excuse to check up on me). Ever since I graduated a couple years ago and moved back to Riverside, I haven't had a single run-in with the law *knock on wood*.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:22 PM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
I feel ya gan78mao. I lived in Irvine for 4 years while going to UCI and got 3 tickets in one year. I also got pulled over a couple times for not having a front plate (although they didn't give me a ticket, they just used it as an excuse to check up on me). Ever since I graduated a couple years ago and moved back to Riverside, I haven't had a single run-in with the law *knock on wood*.
i went to UCR, and for 4 years i never got pulled over!! i guess we are totally opposite! Riverside cops are really nice and lineant!!my friend got pulled over twice in Riverside after drinking didnt even get a DUI and he was pretty buzzed too. so I would say Riverside cops are pretty lineant!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
mine was drilled..... ****
Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPF7mqcAiy8

How about one of these? That's on an Altima Coupe though, dunno if they make it for the G or not.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 AM
chasemyaccord

i went to UCR, and for 4 years i never got pulled over!! i guess we are totally opposite! Riverside cops are really nice and lineant!!my friend got pulled over twice in Riverside after drinking didnt even get a DUI and he was pretty buzzed too. so I would say Riverside cops are pretty lineant!
One of my friends has been pulled over in Riverside on more than one occasion while he was pretty drunk and had some "greens" on him. Cops searched his car, noticed he was intoxicated, found his stash, and he STILL managed to be let go. Yep, Riverside is definitely the shiz compared to Irvine as far as cops go.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:13 AM
ucla bruin

^hahah damn.

I have no front holes because I specifically asked my dealer to not drill any.

Have never been pulled over so far....
Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by gmlee86
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPF7mqcAiy8

How about one of these? That's on an Altima Coupe though, dunno if they make it for the G or not.
im sure we can install this on any car just gotta drill.
im thinking about zip tieing on the mesh and put fake screws on and after the check, imma just pull it off.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:31 AM
XtatiC

Originally Posted by SctrojansG37
most dealers will have you sign a waiver stating that you do not want a front plate. Just another way for them to cover their own butts.
my dealer made me sign the waiver stating that I didn't want them to install it. Then when i got my car it had it.. I figured I could take the plate off but didn't notice until I got home that they actually drilled the holes in the bumper!!! wtf!! maybe that's really stupid on my end, but my last car had a front plate attached to a bracket that could be removed.. no holes!!

Anyone know if I can take it back and have them get me a new bumper since I signed the paper stating that I did not want it installed?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
thats a possibility but not likely.... ^ worth a shot though...
Old 04-22-2008, 05:05 AM
XtatiC

damn dude I really hope they do,, that's b/s.. why even ask in the first place if you're just gonna do it anyway
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Former USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XtatiC
my dealer made me sign the waiver stating that I didn't want them to install it. Then when i got my car it had it.. I figured I could take the plate off but didn't notice until I got home that they actually drilled the holes in the bumper!!! wtf!! maybe that's really stupid on my end, but my last car had a front plate attached to a bracket that could be removed.. no holes!!

Anyone know if I can take it back and have them get me a new bumper since I signed the paper stating that I did not want it installed?
Greetings,

You can try and persuade them to replace the bumper, but I doubt they'll do it. There are some dealers who make you sign a document stating you are refusing their bracket. However, some routinely do NOT put a bracket on their G37 coupes.

The CA law is quite specific - two plates must be displayed. The law does not say a dealer must install a bracket - correct me if I'm wrong. They usually do this to display their dealership plate - free advertising.

Go to the local car show and see how many CA cars are not displaying their front plate, especially the Lambo's, Ferrari's, and Porsche's.

If you obey the law; you can drive for years without a front license plate and tinted windows (CA law forbides driver and passenger windows from being tinted). Again, it's how you follow the rules.

If you get pulled over for e.g., speeding; be couteous and polite, keep your hands on the steering wheel, tell the police officer your license is in your wallet in your back pocket (if it is) and he/she will tell you its okay to get it. Throw in a sir or two and be respectful. They do a great job protecting us and we should show courtesy and respect - heck, they may even let you off. If you act like a kilo hotel (knucklehead), expect a ticket or two.

Semper Fi

Quick Reply: Front Plate