SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

looking to move to Atlanta....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looking to move to Atlanta....

Houston's been alright but time for a change....
been looking for a job in atlanta, once i get one i'll be moving there...don't care if its just a PRN or part-time job either.

anyone know if somewhere is in need of a CT technologist?
hook me up

Nam
Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

sorry...posted under wrong section...meant SouthEast section.

Mods please move thread.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Why Atlanta? It's just as hot there as it is here. And the Falcons suck. And there's nothing but Black people. Wait, I forgot you were from NOLA. You are used to that.

Good Luck Nam.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Why Atlanta? It's just as hot there as it is here. And the Falcons suck. And there's nothing but Black people. Wait, I forgot you were from NOLA. You are used to that.

Good Luck Nam.
LOL.....thanks Jeremy! yea Atl is hot too but I've been in Htown for about 8-9 yrs now, that's about 6 yrs more than i expected. and my gf just got a job there so its a good time for a change

I'll be sure to have my brees jersey on especially during falcons vs saints games
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
LOL.....thanks Jeremy! yea Atl is hot too but I've been in Htown for about 8-9 yrs now, that's about 6 yrs more than i expected. and my gf just got a job there so its a good time for a change

I'll be sure to have my brees jersey on especially during falcons vs saints games
Why did none of you people consider taking your butts back to NOLA after Katrina? We've been waiting for you to go the hell home since '05!

Atlanta is a great city. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's still a great city. And yes, proudly rock your Saints gear at Falcons games. I was wearing my gold authentic Reggie jersey today. Probably for the last time.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Why did none of you people consider taking your butts back to NOLA after Katrina? We've been waiting for you to go the hell home since '05!

Atlanta is a great city. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's still a great city. And yes, proudly rock your Saints gear at Falcons games. I was wearing my gold authentic Reggie jersey today. Probably for the last time.
lol....u know how many times i heard that back then??? hahahha and I moved here before katrina :P
Reggie will always be our boy so wear his jersey anytime
Old 08-25-2011, 11:28 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ATL sucks ***. If you need to move to ATL find Canton and Cumming on a map, draw a line from one city to the other then live north of there.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
harbin9er
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by UN1263
ATL sucks ***. If you need to move to ATL find Canton and Cumming on a map, draw a line from one city to the other then live north of there.
hahahaha
ATL is not *THAT* bad... try midtown - not as ghetto as downtown but still accessible to everywhere
north of canton and cumming.. thats VERY far north - ud be looking at prob 1.5-2hr commutes to/from work
Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by UN1263
wowzers

edit.. at least north or more east of 285
Old 08-31-2011, 11:50 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
What's up man I think ATL would be a good look.
I'm from BR and moved to Texas few years back.
If it wasn't Dallas it would have been Htown or ATL

I agree the Katrina comments got old a long time ago
Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

LOL...now i'm not too sure bout atl with all these responses heheh
still looking tho
Old 09-01-2011, 09:19 AM
bocifus715

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't listen to all these haters....ATL is great!!! And great G community!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ATL sucks and look no further than the Fortune 500 companies who came during the 90's under the glamor of the Olympics (worst US games ever) only to bail in the 2000's.

Sure if you are a single professional/yuppie/credit card millionaire you might like Midtown, Emory, Virginia Highlands or Decatur (D*CK Hater) but you are dealing with Fulton/Dekalb/City of ATL taxes, outrageous water and trash bills, corrupt politics and horrific public schools. Not to mention you will be living in an asphalt jungle covered by a smog cloud 8 months out of the year.

I'm telling you, if you are married and you choose something south of Canton and Cumming you have made a terrible mistake when it comes to QOL. There's a reason GA400 (to Cumming) and I-575 (to Canton) are jam packed heading north by 3-3:30 pm every day. Alpharetta and north on GA 400 isn't bad just don't go any further south. Not to mention all the new big businesses are going up GA400 to GTFO of the City of ATL.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
bocifus715

So much hate!! First of all, the Falcons are gonna be WAAAAAYYYY better than the 'Ain'ts this year...

Secondly, I have lived in Alpharetta, and it is nice. But living south of there is just as nice too!!

Finally, I currently live within the perimeter, I have a great place in a great community and pay next to nothing!! Also, the roads around my place are being repaved, which is pure heaven. My drive is 15 minutes, going the OPPOSITE direction of traffic, which is also heaven. Atlanta is a great town, growing very rapidly, more of which is being revitalized every year! Those who are shutting A-town down either haven't lived here long enough, weren't smart enough to shop around for a good place, hate their jobs/job location, or don't like living in one of the fastest growing cities in America!!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
bocifus715

If you're hating on ATL so much, why don't you LEAVE?!??!?

Quick Reply: looking to move to Atlanta....