SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Service at Nalley in Decatur GA

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:48 AM
gogetter
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Service at Nalley in Decatur GA

Guys, I just had my car in for service. Jeff the service rep took great care of me. He took the time to answer and go over all the questions and concerns I Had with my car.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, but this should probably be in the regional section.

I am nearing 60k so I'm making a list of warranty items (seat bubble, etc), but not looking forward to the dealer shenanigans. Maybe I will try your guy.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:17 PM
beattyG37

Nalley Decatur is where I take mine too and they usually do a good job. They did, however, overtighten my oil drain plug and break the gasket, causing me to lose oil over the next few days. I didn't notice until I saw a bit of oil smoke coming up into the hood compartment from the oil hitting exhaust / hot surfaces. Jeff was very apologetic though and got it taken care of quick. He also did the front rotors for me with no questions (before I even knew about the TSB).
Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

I take mine to Roswell Infiniti off Alpharetta Hwy. Matter of fact I need to get my oil changed soon, and possibly new front break pads after the disaster last night. I didn't realize the G was so light, and small compared to other vehicles on the road until last night. Man it was horrible. I am glad I still have my life, needless to say. Sliding down large hill's with cliffs off to the side or 90 degree turns with guard rails, sliding straight for it.

Man oh man.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Gyoza

Originally Posted by FukinG37S
I take mine to Roswell Infiniti off Alpharetta Hwy. Matter of fact I need to get my oil changed soon, and possibly new front break pads after the disaster last night. I didn't realize the G was so light, and small compared to other vehicles on the road until last night. Man it was horrible. I am glad I still have my life, needless to say. Sliding down large hill's with cliffs off to the side or 90 degree turns with guard rails, sliding straight for it.

Man oh man.
Yeah, the ice last night was crazy. Really weeds out the bad drivers from the good, but sometimes there isn't much you can do but stay calm.

I work in Alpharetta, so I pass Roswell Infiniti daily...however I wasn't impressed by their warranty service in the past.

I had the RPM surge issue, and even brought the TSB printout with me...but all they did was give me **** about my cross-drilled rotors, like they have something to do with RPMs... They also gave me crap about the muffler rattle, one of the MOST NOTORIOUS issues on the 2008-9s to date, saying that if they found damage to the muffler because my car was lowered (on eibachs, not even slammed), they would charge me for labor just to get it on the lift.

I'm fine if they want to disclaim warranty work since my car is modded, but I felt like they were total ****s about it. Just reminds me why I have NEVER gotten my car serviced at a dealership. I take it somewhere that values my business and is focused on quality.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
gogetter
Registered Member

I had my muffler changed no problem. I just had mentioned to jeff that it rattles like crazy on the first start up of the day. He said there was paper work out on it and they would be more than happy to do it.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
15k service coming up.. oh man.. i need to start saving money.. Besides dealership, where do you take in ur car for this kind of service?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

@Gyoza

Where do you take your car to get the work done at? Roswell never gave me any lip about anything. Now that my 3rd gear feels sluggish i'm going to have them look at the car, take a service tech for a test drive, and see what is going on. They have always been really nice, and did any and all warrenty work I asked for, that was needed. It has been a GREAT experience with them ever since I quit going to nalley (and will never go back). I am very pleased with Roswell.

I approached this dealer with the upmost respect, and a lot of the service guys are very nice to me. And I will continue to do business with them until they burn my bridge. Lol.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:03 PM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
off topic.. ppl in atl~ come out to meet for Z and G in Jan!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

Originally Posted by JoshLee89
off topic.. ppl in atl~ come out to meet for Z and G in Jan!
Post a link to the address and where it will be held. If its on the south side or in Gwinett, I will NOT attend, Lol!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Gyoza

@FukinG37, are you modded? That may be why Roswell hates me :-)

I know, I have always heard much better things about Roswell than Nalley, but in the 2 times I have been there I was not impressed. First was the muffler issue which was easily reproducable on cold startup, so they fixed it after giving me a lecture about that fact that it could be damaged due to being lowered.

Then was the RPM issue, which they allowed me to make an appointment for and even noted the TSB in the ticket, but later REFUSED to look at until I caught the car in the "bad state" where it would surge. Took me about a week before it was doing it again and luckfully it was on the way to work so I just dropped it off without appointment. However this time they had no problem taking it in without even looking at the car and the service tech said "oh yeah, our mechanic has the same car and we just fixed his". Pretty frustrating considering they turned me away the first time.

I take my car to Fastlane Import in Marietta. Welcome to Fastlane
They always do a good job and have reasonable prices.