SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Clear Bra and Tint in Atlanta? And other Newbie Ramblings

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:20 PM
WildcatG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra and Tint in Atlanta? And other Newbie Ramblings

Hey all, new G37 sedan owner here. Got a journey sdn w/ prem + sport packages. Black Obsidian with Graphite Leather. Thanks to everyone who maintains and contributes to these forums. Found some great info on here since I started getting seriously in the market for the G about 2 months ago (been drooling over it for a while though)

I'm a complete newbie - both to the site and to luxury/premium cars (I traded up from the Honda Accord I bought straight out of college), so I apologize in advance for stupid questions.

From reading the forums, it sounds like a clear bra is pretty much a must-have. Also, with the black car, I think I'd like to get the windows tinted. Anyone in the Atlanta area know a place that would be good at either (or both)?

I actually live about 10 minutes from Forged Performace in Marietta, which everyone here seems to be a fan of. Sounds like they do higher end work than clear bras and tints, but if anyone from Forged is reading this, you have any recommendations for shops in the area?

Besides that, I'd appreciate any advice on maintaining the car (remember, complete newb here).

I've read the posts on the seat bubbling so my wallet is never staying in my pocket while driving again. Also been reading the recommendations on treating the leather seats.

Any other thoughts on maintaining the car would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 AM
SindhiStyle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in atlanta as well, anyone have a suggestion on a good tint shop? What percent tint did you go with, and what is the best type to get? ceramic?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Uncle_Festus

Oasis in Lawrenceville is great. Talk to Sundown, Clark or Korey over there. I think they did a 30% tint on my sides and a 20% on the front and back. I had a tough time finding a good clear bra place, but Oasis is installing my Ventureshield today...I'll report on how well that went.

Festus
Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Custom Sun Control in Marietta... About 2 miles from Forged Performance just before you get Dobbins Air Reserve Base and the Infiniti Dealership.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:04 AM
WildcatG

Blackjack, thanks for the reply. I see from Custom Sun Control's site they have Formula One tints. How does that compare with other brands? Any idea how much you would expect to pay for tinting on a sedan?

Also, where did you get your ClearBra from?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:09 PM
ATL Kimo

Hi WildcatG,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I am also in Atlanta, and am also looking to buy a G37 sedan. May I ask what dealer you purchased from? Were you happy with the experience? Did you get a good deal?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't answer your question!

Jim