South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Why you shouldn't buy from or get your car serviced at Grubbs Infiniti of Euless

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 AM
dv_ous

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Why you shouldn't buy from or get your car serviced at Grubbs Infiniti of Euless

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]I bought a new 2012 G37S sedan from Grubbs on 8/8/12. I went to pick it up on 8/11/12. During the inspection, I noticed that some of the chrome trim had rust spots and dents, paint had yellowish spots all over and the tint had bubbles, lots of bubbles. Needless to say, I didn’t take the car home with me, Grubbs kept it so they can replace the trim, detail the car and re-tint.

The following weekend, I go to pick up the car but the new tint has bubbles but I was told they would disappear within 2 weeks but this time I noticed that there was a imperfection in the sheet metal of the trunk. Grubbs told me to take the car home and they will order a new trunk and will call me when they get the part and do a swap.

About 2 weeks later, the replace trunk arrived but the bubbles where still there so I asked them to re-tint again. I even offer to get the car re-tinted on my own and have them reimburse me but was told that was not an option from my car salesman. Once again, my car is back at the dealership for about a week and a half. I live and work about 25 miles away from the dealership and got sick of the drive so I asked them to deliver the car to me at my work.

On a hot and sunny Wednesday afternoon, they delivered the car to my work and I did a quick inspect of the trunk and the fit and pain look good. I opened up the trunk and there is a pool of glue residue that dripped down the trunk liner onto the mat so I had them sway out the mat from the loaner they gave me. I was kind of upset about the drip but was told that they would come off if I rub them a bit. It was hot and I had to get back to work so I told the delivery guy fine, I’ll deal with it. Once I got home, I did a more detailed inspection and noticed that they did forgot to put the “S” badge back on my trunk and I noticed that there were scratches on both corners of the front bumper. I called my sales guy and told them about the issues but he said they would not take responsibilities for the scratches because he and two other service employees supposedly did several thorough inspections of the entire car before delivering it to me and the scratches were not present at the time. Several THOROUGH inspections by 3 people and nobody noticed the missing badge or the gluey crap on the inside of the trunk. I asked for the contact info of the head of the sales department, left him 2 voicemails and 1 email over a 2 week period and not no response from him. I call my sales guy and said the bubbles are still there in the tint and this is the worst of the 3 tint jobs and said I want them to re-tint, remove the glue stains, put my “S” badge back on and buff out the bumper scratches.

After a week later they delivered my car to my work again, this time I did a thorough inspection and found 3 NEW scratches, 2 on the rear bumper and 1 on the driver side skirt. On top of that, the scratches on the front bumper look worst, there is dirt and grime all over my interior, on my stone white carpet and leather seats, they forgot about cleaning the glue in the trunk and leather seats AND there are bubbles in the tint. These are not air bubbles, these are dirt trapped between the film and window bubbles. Nobody has ever sad in the rear seats since they car was in my short possession but when it was so filthy it looked like nobody had cleaned it in 2-3 years. I had the delivery guy call the service department and tell them all the issues and said I’m sick of their incompetence. Not only can they not do a decent job on the tint, they keep damaging my brand new car. He told me to let them have the car back and they can see what they can do, all they while using a tone they made it seem like it was my fault my car kept getting damage while in their possession. I would have thought a good customer service would dictate they apologize to me for damaging my car and inconveniencing me. That night I sent an email and left a voicemail for George Grubbs III, owner of the dealership telling him my situation. I few days later I get a call from his service department manager telling me that George is too busy to talk to me directly and that he will be handling my situation and making sure that everything is getting taken care of. He goes on to insinuate that I’ve never had a car tinted before and that bubbles are quite normal. There are 6 panes of glass on this car, 2-3 bubbles I can live with but 5-10 bubbles on EVERY SINGLE pane is not normal, it’s a bad tint job. He suggested that I should have taken it to get it re-tinted and have the dealership reimburse me. Yes, it was a great idea that I suggested but was told not possible by my sales guy (good communications between department guys). It’s been almost 2 weeks and supposedly my car will be ready for pick up this weekend. I’m dreading what I will find when I pick it up this weekend.

To all you guys in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, take this as a precaution. I will never buy a car from Grubbs again. Once my free one year maintenance service warranty expires, I will never again step foot inside this dealership.

Last edited by dv_ous; 10-24-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Wow that really stinks..they are not that far from me..only been there to buy a part that's about it. It's been 2 months and they still have not resolved all the problems? The whole thing is a bit tough to read, break into paragraphs.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 10-17-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
That's too bad bad. One thing I've learned with new car buying is that the dealers are more opt to get things right if there's a sale hanging on the line than after the fact. Learned this lesson well after my kia purchase. Enough so that I would never again accept a car with any issues pre signing. If they can't get it right after 1 or 2 attempts, I go elsewhere.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:35 AM
dv_ous

I went to pick up my car this past weekend. Guess what, the repaint on my rear bumper is crap, they didn't do anything about the scratches in the front bumper and there is a new scratch near the baseboard when you open the front passenger door.

The nightmare continues.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Dang, I work at an Infiniti dealership and I have a connect at Grubbs, let me link him this thread and see if he can be of any help. Is that cool OP?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Wow..............I have tint on my Z done by the dealership and there no bubbles, these guys do not know what they are talking about. I would have a cow if I took my G in and it came out with any scratches and my car has 13k miles on it. This is unacceptable and I would be pushing this up to BB, Inifiti cunsumer affairs etc. This "dealership" needs to pull their heads out and make this right by fixing your car. This happening once, well things happen but for this to continue on is just unacceptable. What a waste of your time as well as theirs. It's so much easier and cheaper for them just to do it right the first time. I am glad you made this thread and I hope it is on many other forums as well.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my car from Grubbs and have never had any issues with their service. They have always treated me very well and taken care of any warranty issues and TSBs that applied. Never had any hassles with getting things done.
I'll have to say it did take three times to get a rattle in the rear deck fixed...but sometimes rattles are hard to locate.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
nottrue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well ill keep this short and to the point. I work at said dealer and everyone here knows about this particular customer. All I can say without getting into specifics is that this ISN'T TRUE.. The car wasn't delivered with any "scratches" on it. Car comes back two weeks after delivery and suddenly there are all these "scratches" on it that you can't even see unless in the right light and then it's super faint.

So please everyone reading this know we have thousands of beyond happy customers and eventually you service and sell enough cars and you get things like this. ESP when doing it since 1948! I'm sure everyone here has dealings with people in their jobs and everyone has had either a co worker or customer that can never be pleased. Happens in everything...ESP w cars. Believe thousands of happy customers with reviews all over the web..and don't let one post like this sway you. Come here yourself and see that Grubbs does take care of their customers beyond expectations..daily! Never like something like this to happen but it's inevitable when dealing with enough people.

Look up Lamborghini and you will find unhappy people..
Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
I vote to close thread and let OP deal with Dealership. Keeps it fair and even. There are 2 sides to every story and Op has 5 post, and the Original post seems a bit angry. Lets not tarnish OPs limited rep and the Rep of a proven dealership unless we have solid proof from either party. Lets mark this off as a miss communication on both parties and call it a day. Deal?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Racerman
Premier Member

Just for contrast, I bought mine at this dealer and it went very well. I have also found that any time I have any issue with a dealer to call Infiniti of North America customer service. I have found them very helpful and responsive.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
I vote to close thread and let OP deal with Dealership. Keeps it fair and even. There are 2 sides to every story and Op has 5 post, and the Original post seems a bit angry. Lets not tarnish OPs limited rep and the Rep of a proven dealership unless we have solid proof from either party. Lets mark this off as a miss communication on both parties and call it a day. Deal?
I can agree with this.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM
dv_ous

Yes, I was angry, wouldn't you be if this was your brand new car? I have photos of the damages to my car, these were taken at the dealership while the car was in their possession for 3 weeks. You claimed that several of your guys did a walk through of my car each time it was taken back to the dealership. So how do you explain the new damages that keep popping up while my car is on your lot? Would that be proof enough?

The excuse for the bad tints, they outsource that to tinters that do not have experience. This is from the mouths of both the salesman and the Service Manager. If they had done a good job the first time around and had been careful while working on my car, I would not have been inconvienced for over a month.

You're keeping it short and to the point because everything I've said is the truth and you have no proof to refute it.

I'll be picking up my car today and be done with Grubbs. I should have listened to my friends and done business with Sewell. This is why I am posting here, to warn people about bad customer service.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
dv_ous

I got my car back and I'm happy. The service manager gave me a little something to compensate me for the inconvenience wish I was able to work with him from the beginning. Now I can enjoy my new G.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dv_ous
I got my car back and I'm happy. The service manager gave me a little something to compensate me for the inconvenience wish I was able to work with him from the beginning. Now I can enjoy my new G.
This is great to hear! I deal with Sewell and have purchased 4 cars from them with no problems. I have no idea how the customer service at Grubbs is but they are my second choice. Crest.... No thank you