South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Great experience at Baker Tuning - Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Thumbs up Great experience at Baker Tuning - Houston, TX

I had developed a heinous suspension knock over the past few weeks that I couldn't find. It was loud. It got more and more frequent. It happened under a variety of conditions. And it seemed to be getting worse. I was pretty certain it was coming from my front driver side suspension but when I took a look I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. I was stumped and knew it was time to get some real pros to see what they could find.

So I went to Baker Tuning at Baker Nissan on 290 @ Eldridge to see what they could find. After speaking to Paul Morgan with no prior appointment set, he walked me back into the service area and talked to a couple of the techs. They pulled my car around immediately to take a look. They heard it too. But the tech couldn't locate it. So he called a second and a third just to see what we could do to fix Betty. Eventually it was put on the alignment rack so that we could look at the suspension from underneath while it was loaded. After some more pushing, bouncing, pulling, and looking, one of the techs noticed what the problem was - my front driver side sway bar mounting bracket was a little loose. He grabbed a ratchet and tightened it up (it was about 6 full turns loose) and voila! No more noise.

I want to thank Paul Morgan and Baker tuning and especially Miguel and the other tech (who's name I didn't catch) for helping me out so promptly and so well and getting me back on my way quickly and without costing me a fortune for something so simple. Total time was less than an hour to find it and fix it.

Great service. I'm proud to have those guys as our sponsor of Strictly G's Official Team. And sometimes it pays off.