South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Where to get an alignment after lowering?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 AM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get an alignment after lowering?

I dropped my sedan on Eibachs this weekend. I took it in yesterday to Firestone to get an alignment(I was enticed by the lifetime-alignment deal). I told everyone there it was lowered, including the guy that highcentered my car on the lift and got it stuck!! I don't have the time or the energy to tell the whole story, but needless to say I will never go back there. The 8 people they had working there didn't have a combined IQ of more than 120. Anyways, on to my question......

Has anyone had a hard time finding an alignment machine that you can get your car onto? Where did you take yours for an alignment?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah, hopefully someone local can help you out. But I'd call around and see also. Some guys even carry mini ramps/pieces of wood in their trunk so they can get on the ramps.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
got my Audi with Eibachs done at Big O Tires with no problems.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I moved this to the regional forum as people in GA or Cali can't really help you.

Call Sal's AutoSport on 290.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:11 AM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I called Sal's and they said that they could do it. I also found a place called SW Alignment, and they specialize in lowered cars.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 AM
jwick

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Sal's did mine after I installed the eibachs. Real nice guys and work was good.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Firestone has life time alignments for $149. I use them and get it done almost three times a year. lol. its FREE. They are everywhere for me though. I use them in CT and TX
Old 10-02-2010, 01:53 AM
datboiroy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mindonmatter
Thanks for the replies. I called Sal's and they said that they could do it. I also found a place called SW Alignment, and they specialize in lowered cars.
i use to go to sw alignment but they suck. supposedly my camber kit was "maxed out" and they wanted to charge me extra cash to fix it to get it right but i said no cuz its impossible for it to max out since i wasnt that low. i just went to another place and got it done with no issues.

i heard good things about sal's.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Where is Sal's located? Nevermind found it. Anybody know of an alignment shop near the katy area? Does anyone trust a dealer to do it after a drop?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
There's no reason a dealership couldn't do it. But they'll be more expensive. Also from personal experience, I can tell you that nobody will give your car the personal attention to detail that Sal's will. They will align it to exactly where you tell them you want the specs. They will treat your car like it's their own and treat you like a friend not a customer.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
There's no reason a dealership couldn't do it. But they'll be more expensive. Also from personal experience, I can tell you that nobody will give your car the personal attention to detail that Sal's will. They will align it to exactly where you tell them you want the specs. They will treat your car like it's their own and treat you like a friend not a customer.

Well how I could go somewhere else after a response like that! LOL. I'm getting my car lowered as well. I know someone who will do it $150 but would love for Sal to do it if didn't cost me an arm and leg.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mindonmatter
I dropped my sedan on Eibachs this weekend. I took it in yesterday to Firestone to get an alignment(I was enticed by the lifetime-alignment deal). I told everyone there it was lowered, including the guy that highcentered my car on the lift and got it stuck!! I don't have the time or the energy to tell the whole story, but needless to say I will never go back there. The 8 people they had working there didn't have a combined IQ of more than 120. Anyways, on to my question......

Has anyone had a hard time finding an alignment machine that you can get your car onto? Where did you take yours for an alignment?
Didnt you want to wait till your car settles before you get an alignment?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep in mind springs will settle a bit, as long as you didn't put camber kits on as well and your alignments hideous I'd wait for a couple weeks and then get it done.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcasey
Didnt you want to wait till your car settles before you get an alignment?

haha.. from Dune (GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!)
Old 02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

I just talked to someone at Sals about the alignment and he said something quite interesting. I asked if they could get the specs as close to stock as they could with the eibach drop/spacers and he said not necessarily. He said they would align depending on the customers needs. Now I know people dial in more camber and what not for different fitments but wouldn't I want them to set the alignment for as close to stock as possible? Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Where to get an alignment after lowering?