South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

ECU flash Dallas Fort Worth area

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 AM
chucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU flash Dallas Fort Worth area

I'm trying to get some numbers together on how many people in the DFW area are interested in a dyno ECU flash for their G37. Anyone interested post up and I'll try to get something in the works. See page 4 of Tadashi's custom ECU programing for some background. There maybe other options. Let's brainstrom this!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
IROC38386

sounds like something i would be interested in..
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
chucky

Good maybe "3"

IROC38386, thanks for the interest. PM me and maybe we can come up with some ideas.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 AM
chucky

It's a GO!

Tadashi, got with me and said he'll come here if we can come up with ten or more. He specificed his choice of dynos and I've found eight or ten in the local area. I'll contact some of them and feel them out tomorrow. He stated that he can't come till after the 17th of Sept. To me that's great because we need the time to try to get this thing off the ground. I'm trying to get this out to more people any suggestions are welcome, even if you are not interested in participating. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Props to you for organizing this, chucky. Good luck! Hope you get enough people to bring Tadashi over.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bumping this for you. Plus a suggestion, you might want to involve the Driver folks and 350Z folks in this as well. Some G35 people and 350Z people might be interested in something like this that are in your area.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:05 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i wouldn't mind traveling to dallas for this

put me on the list...as long as its on a wkend
Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
or have it a lil further south...dat way u can get ppl from austin/ houston/ SA to meet up for this as well...get more buyers...just a thought
Old 08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Make it on a Saturday and I'm interested in coming up from Houston too. Keep us posted of progress and thanks for taking the initiative.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
silent06

Count me in!
Old 08-24-2008, 02:20 AM
chucky

Update

Bboy, good idea. So far we've got five interested. When we get closer to ten I'll feel better about committing to a dyno shop. As far as where that's open. I've got several in the area with superflow and can't find anyone with dynopac. When we get the numbers and where they live I'll do my best to come up with some where centrally located. But coordinating the dyno far enough in advance is the tricky part. Plus I offered Tadashi free room, food, and transportation as a inducement to come hear. Anyhow that's it for now I'm going to bounce G35's and 350Z' off Tadashi and see what he thinks. I kinda thought about that before but Bboy solidified the idea for me. One other thing I see this as a group project and am always open to ideas.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
chucky at a meet yesterday in Houston several (4 or 5?) G37 and G35 owners said they'd be in as well when it happens. You may want to post it over on g35 driver like bboy suggested as I don't think many of them frequent this forum. Get the 350Z crowd involved and maybe we'll have a pile of owners and could possibly ask about some group pricing?

I'd suggest Austin as a possible location as it's more central to a larger number of folks. San Antonio owners may want in on this too, I don't know.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:00 AM
chucky

Still at it

Guys, I'm still working on the flashes with Tadashi. The response on the 37 side of the house is not as good as I expected. I know it's a big step, especially with Cobb and UPrev (a shop in Austin) coming up with something in the near future. I'll post on UPrev soon. Also working on moving to the 35's and 350Z's. Sorry for not keeping you guys up dated better. Been busy with getting my daughter off to college and coordinating installing my pulley and clutch flywheel. I'll do better
Old 09-04-2008, 02:43 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chucky
Guys, I'm still working on the flashes with Tadashi. The response on the 37 side of the house is not as good as I expected. I know it's a big step, especially with Cobb and UPrev (a shop in Austin) coming up with something in the near future. I'll post on UPrev soon. Also working on moving to the 35's and 350Z's. Sorry for not keeping you guys up dated better. Been busy with getting my daughter off to college and coordinating installing my pulley and clutch flywheel. I'll do better
ooOOoO where is your daughter going to college? just kidding.

anyways keep us updated!

austin would be a great place for meeting btw
Old 09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chucky
You BETTER do better. You know what we do to people that don't follow through right? lol. j/k.

I sent an email to Cobb about the AP and have yet to receive a reply so who knows about that.

Quick Reply: ECU flash Dallas Fort Worth area