South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

HOUSTON - how about a meet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey how far is houston from san marco?

Oh i hope the next meet is soon, im coming no matter what! by that time i should have my exhaust and wheels . i should have went though, i went to lake charles friday to spend the night and saturday morning it was raining in lake charles so i just went back to baton rouge.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
hey how far is houston from san marco?

Oh i hope the next meet is soon, im coming no matter what! by that time i should have my exhaust and wheels . i should have went though, i went to lake charles friday to spend the night and saturday morning it was raining in lake charles so i just went back to baton rouge.
It's a 7 hour drive from Baton rouge to San Marcos without any traffic or weather delays. Why don't you organize a meet for Louisiana folks?

Originally Posted by nyckid
it was good seeing you guys again... yeah it started turning into a ricer meet after most of you left. besides the sticky weather i had fun. we should start another one when the weather starts to cool off, preferably sometimes in the fall... maybe end of September, beginning of October or so.

I'm thinking the next meet we have in a secluded area away from a lot of people. Maybe we can have an all day meet. Where we meet up early and have some brunch, and then all drive together to a nice location for a photoshoot with all our cars, and then possible late lunch or dinner in the evening to finish it off?

Just throwing out some ideas and suggestions. Oh and BTW if you guys don't mind, let's try to keep these meets and event just for us G owners. The Z crowd has been having their own thing and have no problem with sticking together. Nothing personal. But it would surely be nice to see us G owners having the ability to have our own thing for once too. I don't mind other cars tagging along to share some interests for our cars. That's fine. But I would most likely prefer this to be an exclusive event for G drivers only.

Here's a photo for you guys. Sorry I should've brought my camera this time. This picture taken by fishrfun and post processed by me.
Great pics as always. Would you guys who got all the great photos be willing to email them to me? A G only meet in October sounds great. Not so hot and a cruise is a great idea.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
jnguyen

haha because if i organize the meet, there will be two show ups most likely. Gigga and i not much a meet there lol, i mean it still be cool to meet gigga but you know what i mean.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I did see that a while back and forgot is was so soon. I'll miss it because I'm on vacation. Otherwise You know I'd cruise over there with you.
installing grounding kit as we speak....having difficulties tightening up the negative terminal

mayb i'm jus weak
Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
installing grounding kit as we speak....having difficulties tightening up the negative terminal

mayb i'm jus weak
Put the terminal of the grounding wire OUTSIDE the two halves of the factory battery cable terminal on either side. If you put it in between like I show in the install, it's too thick and the battery cable terminal won't close completely. I had thinner terminals on the kits at first and didn't notice until I made another one for myself with the newer heavier ring terminals. The newer ones like you have are better, but too thick to get the battery terminal tight if you put it in between. Thanks for reminding me, I need to go change the install instructions.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black Betty: Boy you are toooo funny!! I just had on regular ol' clothes and heels. Nothing special!! hehe

I am sorry I didn't get to hang out with you guys. I missed the fun!! I will definitely be at the fall affair. I am not an outdoorsy person whatsoever. Especially when it's hot & humid. Hell no!! I can surely buy some cookies and bring them next time. Most Diva's don't like to cook!!! ;-)

I like that one picture. Nice how the red G is in the middle to balance things. Are there anymore pics?

Nam: You're not weak. It's just those nice little hands of yours. j/k hehe ;-) Hey I want you to change my city lights on the next meet. Please....

Last edited by G35_Diva; 08-24-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:02 AM
jnguyen

hey black betty this is off topic but do you have kptechnology navigation interface on your G?