South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

HOUSTON - how about a meet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm still going unless it's a downpour. Hell, I'll go anyway - I don't melt in water. I hope it's nice out though because I just waxed Betty.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i might be there a lil later than 5pm...gotta make a pickup on a 4080 box
Old 08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Eckoultd87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really doubt that its gonna rain, looked at the radar map and there are 0 clouds even near us lol so lets make this happen, ill be at bw3 with 5 other g35.... hope to see some g37's there....
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Eckoultd87
I really doubt that its gonna rain, looked at the radar map and there are 0 clouds even near us lol so lets make this happen, ill be at bw3 with 5 other g35.... hope to see some g37's there....
cool..i'll be there 5:30ish
Old 08-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I'll be there about 5:30 too. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! jExcept for the heat, but we're all used to that anyway.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'll be there about 5:30 too. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! jExcept for the heat, but we're all used to that anyway.
gay i didnt go because i look at weather and it say it was going to rain or is already raining and because it was already raining hard in baton rouge so if figure it be raining there too. WHENS THE NEXT MEET GOING TO BE!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gentlemen, I am sitting at home typing this knowing you guys are having a BLAST!! I had to run at ton of errands today and figured I would feel like cleaning up GI-GI when I get home at 4:30 pm. However, that wasn't the case. Whew!! I am so sorry, but I was too worn out to clean my car in that heat. Grrrrrrrhhhhh....
Old 08-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by G35_Diva
Gentlemen, I am sitting at home typing this knowing you guys are having a BLAST!! I had to run at ton of errands today and figured I would feel like cleaning up GI-GI when I get home at 4:30 pm. However, that wasn't the case. Whew!! I am so sorry, but I was too worn out to clean my car in that heat. Grrrrrrrhhhhh....
Well you were sorely missed Diva. At the next meet you must not only show up, but since you missed this one I think that homemade chocolate chip cookies for the whole crew are in order.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well you were sorely missed Diva. At the next meet you must not only show up, but since you missed this one I think that homemade chocolate chip cookies for the whole crew are in order.
hey hey was i miss too ?!
Old 08-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
hey hey was i miss too ?!
I've never met you yet! Diva and I have history - we went to the dealership together to buy our cars. Plus she is the essence of the word fabulous. Do you wear sleek designer clothes and stiletto heels to a car meet in the park in the middle of the summer? I think not.

It was good to see everyone who came out and meet a few new folks. We'll do it again soon. There'll be other opportunities. I'm wondering if there would be sufficient interest in an all Z/G weekend for all Texas owners (you could come too) or if such an animal already exists. Hmm...
Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Infinite1

z/g weekend? What is this you speak of J? That would be pretty cool...

You after you and Nam left a the preludes had a meet and a bunch were in force...I was like man we had the show for a minute. Hahah

EDIT - In the winter time. Calvin is gonna organize a track meet in Baytown so be on the look out for that!

Last edited by Infinite1; 08-24-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Infinite1
z/g weekend? What is this you speak of J? That would be pretty cool...

You after you and Nam left a the preludes had a meet and a bunch were in force...I was like man we had the show for a minute. Hahah

EDIT - In the winter time. Calvin is gonna organize a track meet in Baytown so be on the look out for that!
Great. For once you guys will have to drive an hour to where I am. I am 5 minutes from Houston Raceway Park.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
nyckid

it was good seeing you guys again... yeah it started turning into a ricer meet after most of you left. besides the sticky weather i had fun. we should start another one when the weather starts to cool off, preferably sometimes in the fall... maybe end of September, beginning of October or so.

I'm thinking the next meet we have in a secluded area away from a lot of people. Maybe we can have an all day meet. Where we meet up early and have some brunch, and then all drive together to a nice location for a photoshoot with all our cars, and then possible late lunch or dinner in the evening to finish it off?

Just throwing out some ideas and suggestions. Oh and BTW if you guys don't mind, let's try to keep these meets and event just for us G owners. The Z crowd has been having their own thing and have no problem with sticking together. Nothing personal. But it would surely be nice to see us G owners having the ability to have our own thing for once too. I don't mind other cars tagging along to share some interests for our cars. That's fine. But I would most likely prefer this to be an exclusive event for G drivers only.

Here's a photo for you guys. Sorry I should've brought my camera this time. This picture taken by fishrfun and post processed by me.

Last edited by nyckid; 08-24-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

It was good to see everyone who came out and meet a few new folks. We'll do it again soon. There'll be other opportunities. I'm wondering if there would be sufficient interest in an all Z/G weekend for all Texas owners (you could come too) or if such an animal already exists. Hmm...
good to see familiar and new faces

duno if u noticed this thread

its a G/Z meet at san marcos...SA and austin guys are cruising to meet up at san marcos outlet...this sunday coming up.

would there be any interest in a houston cruise to San Marcos? I'd prolly be down

https://www.myg37.com/forums/south/183836-austin-and-san-antonio-g-z-cruise-8-31-08-a.html
Old 08-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
good to see familiar and new faces

duno if u noticed this thread

its a G/Z meet at san marcos...SA and austin guys are cruising to meet up at san marcos outlet...this sunday coming up.

would there be any interest in a houston cruise to San Marcos? I'd prolly be down

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183836
I did see that a while back and forgot is was so soon. I'll miss it because I'm on vacation. Otherwise You know I'd cruise over there with you.

Quick Reply: HOUSTON - how about a meet?