South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Seibon Carbon Fiber Hoods for G37

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
infidsg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok its a cheep price but why would it be done half ***? I know if it was my company I would make sure EVERY part was perfect. If the shape of the hood fits well thats great. But it seems that they are not paying attention to details. If the window pisser holes are to small how hard is it to make them a tad bigger to fit properly?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
This is the biggest misconception of carbon parts. Your buying a $500 hood ! That is crazy cheap for the amount of time needed, cost of carbon, and labor costs.
Oh I completely understand that it takes time and materials and skill to produce. I agree that it's a cheap price for a carbon fiber hood. Too cheap. I'm the guy who'd rather pay $1500 for a CF hood done right than $500 for one that isn't. But it's not really an issue because I don't care for the look of CF anyway. I never understood the appeal outside of serious racing applications, a lot of money mostly for looks that don't suit my taste anyway. But to each his own. I say make it right and charge more and sell to the people who want quality instead of trying to get them out fast and cheap to put one on the car of every kid that's seen Fast and Furious.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Oh I completely understand that it takes time and materials and skill to produce. I agree that it's a cheap price for a carbon fiber hood. Too cheap. I'm the guy who'd rather pay $1500 for a CF hood done right than $500 for one that isn't. But it's not really an issue because I don't care for the look of CF anyway. I never understood the appeal outside of serious racing applications, a lot of money mostly for looks that don't suit my taste anyway. But to each his own. I say make it right and charge more and sell to the people who want quality instead of trying to get them out fast and cheap to put one on the car of every kid that's seen Fast and Furious.
Thats where Mastergrade comes in. They are right in the middle between the crazy high priced JDM parts and the Cheap USA/CHina parts. Wait for Mastergrade to make some parts, they offer all their hoods in fiberglass so you can paint it and still get the cooling effects from the vents in the hood.

We are really shooting for the market inbetween the $2000 hood and the $500 hood.

Jim