Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

premium membership price

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 05:56 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So they allowed just you guys to have huge sig pics?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Robb M.
Internet Brands

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
what kinds of things would you like added here?

Feel free to suggest ideas from other forums. If they are forums I admin, i can possibly bring that stuff here.

cheers,
robb
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Robb M.
Internet Brands

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by xPJx
Lol I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

Please purchase the premium membership. I need IB to beat their quarter end guidance so I can make money on my shares
uhhh dude...you know that we were bought right? There aren't any more stocks?

cheers,
robb
Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Robb M.
uhhh dude...you know that we were bought right? There aren't any more stocks?

cheers,
robb
Old 02-18-2011, 07:07 PM
toner123

Man did I start some ****
Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 AM
IntangibleBW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not really sure but from what I hear some premium forums offer their members vendor discounts based on relationships w the vendors and other stuff like that. I think dropping the price is a good idea or at least thinking up some more exclusive content to premium members. I know similar forums charge 15$ and have more content..
Old 02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

if you guys want to take a look at sites of ours that have PM programs, and let me know the features/ideas you like, maybe that's a start?

ford-trucks.com
corvetteforum.com
HDForums.com
Rennlist.com
Tell us the features you want the most.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Robb M.
what kinds of things would you like added here?

Feel free to suggest ideas from other forums. If they are forums I admin, i can possibly bring that stuff here.

cheers,
robb
OMG, thanks for asking, now to see if you can deliver.
The search function needs one VERY important option. "Search all terms" I think it is called on other forums. It's an option when searching to ONLY bring up threads/posts with ALL the words specified.
Example: right now, if you input the words "search - lame - lacking" and select show results as "posts", you'll get pages of posts that contain ANY one of those three words. With this feature selected, you would ONLY get this one post by me unless there was another post that also contained the same three words.
If there is a trick like putting the word "and" or something between all the words, it still wouldn't be sufficient because most, and I mean 98% of people using search wouldn't know it.
This one feature that's been lacking in the search makes this forum seem ancient to me. People are supposed to use the search function, are told countless times to use the search function, but it is seriously lacking without this basic feature.
It's very frustrating to not be able to find an older thread that you remember a few key words from, knowing that if the search results were filtered to ONLY include ALL the words you're searching for, you'd have it already.
BTW, this lengthy description was to make others aware of a very useful function that's missing in this forums search function.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
OMG, thanks for asking, now to see if you can deliver.
The search function needs one VERY important option. "Search all terms" I think it is called on other forums. It's an option when searching to ONLY bring up threads/posts with ALL the words specified.
Example: right now, if you input the words "search - lame - lacking" and select show results as "posts", you'll get pages of posts that contain ANY one of those three words. With this feature selected, you would ONLY get this one post by me unless there was another post that also contained the same three words.
If there is a trick like putting the word "and" or something between all the words, it still wouldn't be sufficient because most, and I mean 98% of people using search wouldn't know it.
This one feature that's been lacking in the search makes this forum seem ancient to me. People are supposed to use the search function, are told countless times to use the search function, but it is seriously lacking without this basic feature.
It's very frustrating to not be able to find an older thread that you remember a few key words from, knowing that if the search results were filtered to ONLY include ALL the words you're searching for, you'd have it already.
BTW, this lengthy description was to make others aware of a very useful function that's missing in this forums search function.
If you click search and enter the words "search lame lacking", only this thread is returned. So I'm not sure if it's this forum you are talking about or a different one...

Try it.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
just a general question for you admins: where does our membership money go towards? just curious.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by eksigned
just a general question for you admins: where does our membership money go towards? just curious.
Site admins know as much about the answer to that question as you do. As these guys:

Internet Brands, Inc. : Management
Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you click search and enter the words "search lame lacking", only this thread is returned. So I'm not sure if it's this forum you are talking about or a different one...

Try it.
I tried it with those words right before posting here, got pages and pages of posts. Not sure why those words work now, maybe cause the post is so new?
Anyways, try it with some other words and you'll see that you can and will get hits from posts that only have one of the words you choose.
I would think that you are probably already aware of this deficiency in the search though.
I'll wait and see what Robb M. has to say about it...
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
I tried it with those words right before posting here, got pages and pages of posts. Not sure why those words work now, maybe cause the post is so new?
Anyways, try it with some other words and you'll see that you can and will get hits from posts that only have one of the words you choose.
I would think that you are probably already aware of this deficiency in the search though.
I'll wait and see what Robb M. has to say about it...
Actually I've never had a problem with the search function. It works perfectly when I use it. I tried "Ichiba spacers" and "Tanabe medallion touring" to see if it returned any threads that had only one of those words. Nope. All the results had all the words in them. It worked exactly as you said you wanted it to work to be useful.

Try doing a search that has the tons of results like you said you found and post a link to it.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Actually I've never had a problem with the search function. It works perfectly when I use it. I tried "Ichiba spacers" and "Tanabe medallion touring" to see if it returned any threads that had only one of those words. Nope. All the results had all the words in them. It worked exactly as you said you wanted it to work to be useful.

Try doing a search that has the tons of results like you said you found and post a link to it.
I've just finished playing around with it a bit more, sometimes it works the way I want and some times it says right at the top of the results "word OR word OR word" (word being any one that you chose).
Well I just noticed something, it will work "right" the first time but IF I use my backspace key and try it again, it gives me the "Or" in between the multiple words! I often use the search that way, backspacing instead of clicking search again. So I guess I'd now have to say it works if you know to always start anew? At least that's what's happening here.
I'm using computers with windows xp & vista both with firefox BTW.
Please do a multiple word search, backspace and try the same search again and see if you're getting what I'm talkin' about, thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
How about maybe like a T-Shirt, decals, keychain or something MYG37 related so the premium members can physically have something.

When I had a Bullitt Mustang, IMBOC charged for their membership forums but it came with a T-shirt, a card, and some other little goodies, it wasn't the quality of the items, but the thought that counted more to me so I paid.

As another member mentioned maybe offering a discount, group buys, more active deals with vendors/premium members.

Maybe an IM/Chat feature for premium members, if they wanted to communicate with other premium members without sending private msgs.

Quick Reply: premium membership price