Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

A post limit before trash talking

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:29 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A post limit before trash talking

Is it me or am I seeing quite a few new members just trash talk or add on to the trash talking? I think there should be a limit on the amount of post before someone can starts to talk trash. A number like 100 or even 50 would be cool. I see all kinds of trash talking posts from people with less than 20 posts (a lot under 10). All I can think about is "who are you to start talking trash." You are a nobody on this forum still and have no credibility. There are some cases where their trash talking is appropriate but it usually follows another more seasoned forum members trash talk. Trash talking between forum members (especially seasoned ones) can be fun if it is in jest but you usually have to be on this forum awhile before joking with members.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Lol... +1
Old 01-06-2008, 04:45 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't talk about my mother like that. but i agree, why come online and try to be a tough guy?? Everyone should gather information and if they disagree become a regular and then say why you disagree. Don't make your 1st post a negative one
Old 01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i agree with you, but some of us come from driver and are grandfathered in on the trash talk...just that the post counts dont reflect this.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is your definition of trash talking?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
xzil3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree. I've not done any trash talking but if I found it necessary I would speak out. Thing is it isn't about how many posts i've posted, but rather how long I've been registered. I'm extremely active on this forum, I just don't post. I do when I'm compelled to though!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:38 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If by trash talk you refer to insulting other members, thats against forum rules period. There shouldn't be any trash talking going on period...
Old 01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

name calling and being blatantly racist, rude, personal attacks, etc. should not be allowed period....but playing hardball in a debate....sarcasm...heated discussions and friendly fire here and there is cool in my opinion as long as you've been on the forums for at least a few weeks and have contributed to discussion with at least 50-60 posts....
Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
6sp-G37

Originally Posted by xzil3d
I disagree. I've not done any trash talking but if I found it necessary I would speak out. Thing is it isn't about how many posts i've posted, but rather how long I've been registered. I'm extremely active on this forum, I just don't post. I do when I'm compelled to though!
i agree to this!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
name calling and being blatantly racist, rude, personal attacks, etc. should not be allowed period....but playing hardball in a debate....sarcasm...heated discussions and friendly fire here and there is cool in my opinion as long as you've been on the forums for at least a few weeks and have contributed to discussion with at least 50-60 posts....
Like Detroit said, it is mainly the sarcasm I am talking about. There have just been a few members that have only been sarcastic in their post but don't contribute to help forum members. They just seem to like to talk trash (although some of the Krazy people might deserve it).

And although the bad remarks are not allowed on this forum it seems to happen a lot more lately. Hopefully that crap dies down here shortly and the trash will be thrown out once more people start flagging these posts.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

A good example

So here is a good example of what I am talking about:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/the-lounge-off-topic/176490-pulled-over-taking-a-morning-stroll-for-coffee.html

If you take a look at this tread you will see the sarcasm or jabs I am talking about. Now the first one I can understand but then after the poster corrected themselves the sarcasm continues. The sarcastic remark was the first post the individual made on the forum since I copied the link they have now 4 posts. Not saying any names but you should be able to figure it out.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You’ve got to be kidding, how could such a rule be inforced? People with negative thoughts and low post counts are usually trolls. Ignore them and they will go away.

The trolls that are on this site are reading this thread and laughing there tails off, this is the stuff they live for.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by COUPE-DADDY
You’ve got to be kidding, how could such a rule be inforced? People with negative thoughts and low post counts are usually trolls. Ignore them and they will go away.

The trolls that are on this site are reading this thread and laughing there tails off, this is the stuff they live for.
I wish they'd go away COUPE-DADDY, but they just keep posting assanine threads and replies. I would have to encourage all to use the "report post" button when appropriate and add those to your "ignore list" who are deserving. With the way this forum is somewhat loosely moderated as regards trolls, it can be annoying but it also gives us a lot more freedom than some forums that arre very strictly controlled like **** Germany.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:01 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
just tell the noobs to stfu.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
samizer

I'm a noob, but I am also a decent human being and would never post crap to **** people off. Coupe daddy is right, Trolls will always find a way to say something stupid and most will attack even harder if you try to call them on it. Just ignore the post and they will get the hint. I am a member of titantalk.com as well and we have Dodge and Ford guys starting crap all the time. There is no good way to handle it, but if the post is ignored then they have no way of ever winning. Besides the only way to truly shut them up is to find out where they live and BTA lol.

Quick Reply: A post limit before trash talking