Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

A post limit before trash talking

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
O NO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Is it me or am I seeing quite a few new members just trash talk or add on to the trash talking? I think there should be a limit on the amount of post before someone can starts to talk trash. A number like 100 or even 50 would be cool. I see all kinds of trash talking posts from people with less than 20 posts (a lot under 10). All I can think about is "who are you to start talking trash." You are a nobody on this forum still and have no credibility. There are some cases where their trash talking is appropriate but it usually follows another more seasoned forum members trash talk. Trash talking between forum members (especially seasoned ones) can be fun if it is in jest but you usually have to be on this forum awhile before joking with members.
bboysteele
Who died and left you emperor .... lol j/k

What you are suggesting can't and won't be done on my37.

The linky you provided in post # 11 you are 100% correct. It doesn't belong in the general G section, it belongs in the lounge. I am constantly moving threads out of the G general section. It has gone to the point where I don't include the redirects on some of them like I would do with the example you have shown. Some of the posts that get dumped in the general section which are somewhat important I will leave the redirects and at that I put a time limit on the redirect.

I know for a fact that Canuck has been moving alot of these threads also being we have discussed this subject. I will bring the thread moving up in the Staff Forum. There is one person who is a constant violator of this and this has been addressed by Canuck and hopefully will be resolved.

Keep in mind and I have mentioned this in other threads, you can report a thread/post that doesn't belong where it suppose to be. All you need to do is clicky the icon to 'report a post'. After completing this it goes out via email to all the staff.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by O NO
bboysteele
Who died and left you emperor .... lol j/k

What you are suggesting can't and won't be done on my37.

The linky you provided in post # 11 you are 100% correct. It doesn't belong in the general G section, it belongs in the lounge. I am constantly moving threads out of the G general section. It has gone to the point where I don't include the redirects on some of them like I would do with the example you have shown. Some of the posts that get dumped in the general section which are somewhat important I will leave the redirects and at that I put a time limit on the redirect.

I know for a fact that Canuck has been moving alot of these threads also being we have discussed this subject. I will bring the thread moving up in the Staff Forum. There is one person who is a constant violator of this and this has been addressed by Canuck and hopefully will be resolved.

Keep in mind and I have mentioned this in other threads, you can report a thread/post that doesn't belong where it suppose to be. All you need to do is clicky the icon to 'report a post'. After completing this it goes out via email to all the staff.
Ya, I know O NO. I kind of started this thread to point this out and also to be a little funny. It just seemed to be a lot more of this unnecessary trash talking going on. I know it can't be stopped completely though. Of course I will just have to continue to use that report post icon when necessary.