Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
A car is only worth with the next guy is willing to pay GLWS
Old 06-27-2018, 02:53 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by AARONHL
This. Without sneaker heads, Jordans / Yeezys would be worth less than $100.

@OP, How was the car salvaged? I'm not sure that replacing the damaged doors (no frame damage / No paint or bodywork was done on the car whatsoever) would salvage the G37, even at todays market price.

The reason I ask is because I was just in an accident and I had to do more than just replace doors WHICh included both paint and bodywork, and my G is STILL not salvaged. Here's a picture of the accident:

Here's what it looks like in the shop:

Should be done by this Friday, but I had to get a new fendor, new internal parts relating to the hood (it was pushed in), new front bumper, and a bunch of other misc parts. On top of that, I needed some body work and paint done. This put me close to ~8000$ and my insurance has still not totaled my car.

I feel like your G needs alot more to be salvaged if all you replaced was a passenger door and on top of that, you didn't have to do ANY body work, NO frame damage.

As to answer your question why I avoid salvaged cars, well, the rest already answered that. There is no resale for a salvaged car, or if there is, it's at a minimum.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM
KoalaFied

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Thank you
Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 PM
KoalaFied

Originally Posted by SkyG37
This. Without sneaker heads, Jordans / Yeezys would be worth less than $100.

@OP, How was the car salvaged? I'm not sure that replacing the damaged doors (no frame damage / No paint or bodywork was done on the car whatsoever) would salvage the G37, even at todays market price.

The reason I ask is because I was just in an accident and I had to do more than just replace doors WHICh included both paint and bodywork, and my G is STILL not salvaged. Here's a picture of the accident:

Here's what it looks like in the shop:

Should be done by this Friday, but I had to get a new fendor, new internal parts relating to the hood (it was pushed in), new front bumper, and a bunch of other misc parts. On top of that, I needed some body work and paint done. This put me close to ~8000$ and my insurance has still not totaled my car.

I feel like your G needs alot more to be salvaged if all you replaced was a passenger door and on top of that, you didn't have to do ANY body work, NO frame damage.

As to answer your question why I avoid salvaged cars, well, the rest already answered that. There is no resale for a salvaged car, or if there is, it's at a minimum.
Insurance companies can be pretty weird with salvaging cars. We've purchased cars where the engine pushed the dashboard back and it was still clean title and have seen cars with the slightest of damages that were salvaged. We had a SUV where we had to replace the back end of the car all the way up to the rear doors and it was somehow a clean title. Go figure haha
Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Would be helpful to post pictures of the damage before and after it was repaired. Without that, you're basically asking people to take your word for it and a "it was just the door" is hard sell. An insurance co. might sway here and there but to salvage a car that just needed a door replacement seems very off and throws red flags to me....just my observation.

Car gurus is a good source to post pictures on a high traffic sight for free BTW....GLWS.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:41 PM
KoalaFied

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Would be helpful to post pictures of the damage before and after it was repaired. Without that, you're basically asking people to take your word for it and a "it was just the door" is hard sell. An insurance co. might sway here and there but to salvage a car that just needed a door replacement seems very off and throws red flags to me....just my observation.

Car gurus is a good source to post pictures on a high traffic sight for free BTW....GLWS.
Yeah I know its suspicious. And to add to the suspicion, my dad is old school and didn't take any pictures lol. It was originally my car, but I got a job where I need to travel a lot and decided to buy a daily with better fuel economy