What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:24 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
You're thinking the SRT-4, sadly the R/T was a 150 horse 2.0

At least both first and second gen Neon R/T I had were able to edge out my buddies 240SX. It's a good thing we didn't actually have fast cars
Yes, the SRT-4 Neon. That's the one I was thinking of. There's a kid in my neighborhood that has one and it sounds so good every time he drives by. Didn't realize they also had an R/T version of the Neon... Guess I need to brush up on my Dodge Neon trivia. LOL. The only Dodge I have ever owned is my current 2014 RAM 2500 that I use for work... Although I guess technically it's a RAM and not a Dodge.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:26 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by LssThanThree
So I finally had some time over the weekend to fix the annoying creaking sound coming from the center console. It was driving me nuts so I went to home depot and picked up a bottle of WD-40 Silicon Lubricant and a roll of Vinyl foam tape.

The image below shows where I added the vinyl foam tape in red. Basically everywhere plastic made contact with plastic.

Now it's time to tackle another creak that I hear under the armrest...

Props to you for spending the time to track down all those creaks and rattles. Its always a challenge to get those fixed!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:15 PM
SomeName
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
**** polishing

Over the weekend I received and installed the Diode Dynamics tail as turn module.
I know everyone said it was super easy, and it was. And I'm really happy with it. But, I was already out in the garage with a mind for tinkering. So I got to thinking about my eBay stereo *****. That slit on the front always kinda bothered me. And there were 5 in the package. Why not try sanding and polishing the face down on the extra one, just to see if I can. Obviously I would only work with what tools I already have and spend as little as possible. Because the last thing I want to do is admit that I should have just bought the carsmos.
Step 1 find a bolt that almost fit in the back, cut the head off, and wrap electrical tape around it to get a snug fit. Stick that bolt into a drill, stick the **** on the bolt. Start spinning the drill and hold sandpaper on the face. I worked down to 220 grit and it looked like this, the bottom one.
No no no. Need to shine it up. Luckily, my bench grinder came with a buffing wheel that I've never used and don't know how to use. But whatever, I watched a couple videos on YouTube. I ended up needing to go to home Depot and getting some metal polishing compounds for $6.
The important thing to know when polishing a **** with a bench grinder is, don't push the **** too hard against the wheel. It will grab the ****, spin it down, up, and out the front of the grinder at a pretty frickin high speed.
So much for that plan. **** is destroyed. Luckily there was dresser sitting between the grinder and the G to take the hit.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:18 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
I actually just got some new ***** as well. Decided to switch it up a tiny bit.
(kind of interesting how with the flash, the different grey trim pieces look different in colour, yet when just looking at them with your eyes, they seem identical)

Old 06-22-2017, 03:29 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Your interior's looking really good, Andy... I'm liking those floor mats more and more every time you post up a picture of them!
The following users liked this post:
hexotic (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 04:22 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Once I finally wrap the wood with the black brushed metal vinyl, I might have to get me some black floor mats lol.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:25 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SomeName
Over the weekend I received and installed the Diode Dynamics tail as turn module.
I know everyone said it was super easy, and it was. And I'm really happy with it. But, I was already out in the garage with a mind for tinkering. So I got to thinking about my eBay stereo *****. That slit on the front always kinda bothered me. And there were 5 in the package. Why not try sanding and polishing the face down on the extra one, just to see if I can. Obviously I would only work with what tools I already have and spend as little as possible. Because the last thing I want to do is admit that I should have just bought the carsmos.

So much for that plan. **** is destroyed. Luckily there was dresser sitting between the grinder and the G to take the hit.
Hey, if you would like an extra set of *****, I think I have some spares. I am pretty sure I purchased the exact same ***** you have, but I bought a set of like 10, for like $5.99. I would be happy to send some out to you, if you want. I guess it probably does not make sense though, since you can buy your own set for the same price as having me send a few out, most likely.

On the same note, I honestly thought the little notch in them would bother me as well, but I very very rarely notice them. But, I get it... I am usually the type of person who would be bugged by this.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Granddaddypurp

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
getting my Eibach sways installed
What did you do to your Sedan today?-obiyfkd.jpg

Have the front set on soft and rear on neutral.

Last edited by Granddaddypurp; 06-22-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:32 PM
SomeName
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JustROLLIN
Hey, if you would like an extra set of *****, I think I have some spares. I am pretty sure I purchased the exact same ***** you have, but I bought a set of like 10, for like $5.99. I would be happy to send some out to you, if you want. I guess it probably does not make sense though, since you can buy your own set for the same price as having me send a few out, most likely.

On the same note, I honestly thought the little notch in them would bother me as well, but I very very rarely notice them. But, I get it... I am usually the type of person who would be bugged by this.
Thanks for the offer. But, the one I destroyed was an extra so I don't really need any more. This was just a failed experiment that I thought you guys might like to read about. Seriously, when that **** came flying out of the grinder I was terrified it hit my car.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:22 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SomeName
Thanks for the offer. But, the one I destroyed was an extra so I don't really need any more. This was just a failed experiment that I thought you guys might like to read about. Seriously, when that **** came flying out of the grinder I was terrified it hit my car.
Sounds good. I bought the 10 pack cause I figured I could mess around with some as well. Still might do that, but for now the silver works well with my stone interior.

I still do not regret not buying the more expensive *****. But, I am kind of cheap when it comes to mods. Its my DSM roots.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,717 Likes on 3,523 Posts
I still do not regret not buying the more expensive *****. But, I am kind of cheap when it comes to mods. Its my DSM roots.
It's easy not to regret what you don't have.

The Carsmo ***** are worth his asking price.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Coltrane1
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
wtf? how did that get into the US?
I've no idea if its changed, but back in the day any enlistment person rank E5 and above was eligible for a complimentary car transport "compliments" of the USN. A lot of us took our cars from Hawaii to Guam knowing we were going to be stuck on that island for a year.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
It's easy not to regret what you don't have.

The Carsmo ***** are worth his asking price.
Had to read your comment a few times, you certainly have a way with words. And I have no doubt they are worth the money, they look great. I am stubborn on the strangest of things.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:12 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Had to read your comment a few times, you certainly have a way with words. And I have no doubt they are worth the money, they look great. I am stubborn on the strangest of things.

Doesn't he? I need him to make the initial contact for all my tinder/bumble matches . I'd have a million dates!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,717 Likes on 3,523 Posts
This weekend I replaced all the ancient fluorescent shop lights in the garage with brand new LED units.

So that was all for the car.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-22-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?