G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:29 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by loganlhadley
Blnewt, cost around $3,000 - give or take. Of course I did all the labor myself, except paint. Paint was around $250 - everything else was all parts, plus extra's, like the halos and lip (of course, I think those are a must though). Also did the headlights myself.
How did it cost so much if you did everything yourself? I hear of conversions costing $2000 including paint and labor.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:37 PM
loganlhadley

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by the93owner
How did it cost so much if you did everything yourself? I hear of conversions costing $2000 including paint and labor.

Most of the conversion you have probably read up on have outdated pricing/used parts/don't include the sport lip. I bought everything new (I'm just OCD like that). As you can see, the total comes out to $2,588.28 plus $250.00 for paint = $2,838.28.

Tack onto that stuff that not everyone else gets: Quad Halos - $150, HID Kits - $80. So that was also an extra $230, but not included in the conversion total as it is not necessary to make the conversion happen.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 01:56 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by tank99
Finally changed my rear diff fluid! Red Line 75W90. Everything went smooth except for my pump injecting air and taking forever to pump ($7 at wal-mart, Pennzoil pump). Got a good amount of shavings off the drain plug as expected and oil was definitely ready to be changed.
Note - A paint tray is perfect for this when your oil drain pan is to large to fit between your jack stands. I had to use the sub frame since i'm cheap and haven't bought hockey pucks for the pinch welds yet
Will be doing the front when I get a chance.
No pump was used last time I did the diff and gear box. Instead, use a hose with a suitable OD that would fit in the filler hole. Routed it toward the side of the vehicle. Found a funnel with an opening that would fit the ID. Gravity did the rest. This method was much easier and cleaner than any pump. Ideally, do this on a warm/hot day so the fluid flows easier.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:40 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
I put my Nismo rims back on for the summer, cleaned her up, bought a CF trunk spoiler, and front weathertech floor liners.

I was on the fence of selling the G and picking up an SUV - but I don't think I can sell her. I'll wait until next year to purchase a new family vehicle.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:56 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Decided to roll the dice with aliexpress floor mats. First impressions are great. Well see how they hold up with time. Part of me thinks I should have gotten black ones. Guess I'll see if the grey grows on me.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:58 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Those look interesting. What's the material like? I'd also be curious with how it holds up based on the material that it's made from.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:07 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by eurtsx
Those look interesting. What's the material like? I'd also be curious with how it holds up based on the material that it's made from.
So according to them its a 5 layer system. The thing on the outside is PU leather. Honestly for $85 if they last a year, Ill be happy hahaha.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,717 Likes on 3,523 Posts
That's pretty unique, Hexotic. Never seen or even heard of any kind of floor mat like that before. I wonder how it will hold up to heel-marks over the summer?

I think I would be second guessing not going with black. The light gray against the stone plastics and the Wheat Leather seats, with a diamond stitch... my first thought is Floor Diapers. And "PU Leather" is Polyurethane. Might as well be Corinthian Leather.

But you sure do get props for interesting stuff.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-15-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:12 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
So according to them its a 5 layer system. The thing on the outside is PU leather. Honestly for $85 if they last a year, Ill be happy hahaha.
Well your interior looks plush AF. Hope they hold up well, I would be interested in a set for myself.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:19 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's pretty unique, Hexotic. Never seen or even heard of any kind of floor mat like that before. I wonder how it will hold up to heel-marks over the summer?

I think I would be second guessing not going with black. The light gray against the stone plastics and the Wheat Leather seats, with a diamond stitch... my first thought is Floor Diapers.
The luxury version is more contrasty. Should have gone with that lol. Offers an extra layer of protection against heel marks as well. The heel pad by the pedals is pretty nice though, should hold up alright.

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
Well your interior looks plush AF. Hope they hold up well, I would be interested in a set for myself.
Thanks, and yeah, for the money, you get a pretty nice product. I paid like $400 Canadian for front+rear+cargo liner weathertech mats. The rear mats are separate pieces, and arent even sitting nicely, these I find to actually be a lot better lol.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:49 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Decided to roll the dice with aliexpress floor mats. First impressions are great. Well see how they hold up with time. Part of me thinks I should have gotten black ones. Guess I'll see if the grey grows on me.

I'm still on the fence about these quilted mats. The fitment looks really good, but I agree that black may have been a better color choice.

There was a vendor at Spocom last year that had very similar mats and they offered me a full sponsorship on them if I would put their decals on my car. I turned them down at the time, but now seeing them in your car is making me second guess my decision. If they are at Spocom again this year I may have to see if their offer is still open.

Out of curiosity, did you get a matching trunk mat? If so, please post pics of that as well.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
To me it looks like you stole the covers they put up in freight elevators. I can't imagine those staying clean for long. Did you put any frabric protector on them? If not, I would highly suggest to
Old 05-15-2017, 04:20 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
To me it looks like you stole the covers they put up in freight elevators. I can't imagine those staying clean for long. Did you put any frabric protector on them? If not, I would highly suggest to
Hahaha, I was riding down to the garage in the freight elevator for my building, and the wall covers were on... they matched, even in colour of the fabric hahaha. Im not going to bother doing any protectant. I want to see how they last with just everyday wear and tear with just weekly wipe downs. Again, for under $100 I can order another set (if I do, Ill get the luxury model with the added mats) and not think about it twice.

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Out of curiosity, did you get a matching trunk mat? If so, please post pics of that as well.
I still have my weathertech liner in the trunk. I think even for these mats, ill use my weathertechs in the fall and winter, and save these for summer and spring. They offered me the trunk liner, but I didnt see a point.

Im still not sure if I like these or not. Pictures were taken in a dark garage with a potato camera, so I want to see how they look in daylight. Ill keep them if they grow on me, if not, someone will surely want to buy them for like $50.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,717 Likes on 3,523 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
To me it looks like you stole the covers they put up in freight elevators.
That's it!!! A padded, moving blanket.

Still an interesting interior mod.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:27 PM
Coltrane1
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by loganlhadley
Blnewt, cost around $3,000 - give or take. Of course I did all the labor myself, except paint. Paint was around $250 - everything else was all parts, plus extra's, like the halos and lip (of course, I think those are a must though). Also did the headlights myself.
loganlhadley, you've got skills. I assume the "$3k" quote included the sport front bumper? So, how difficult is it to do the lights yourself? I'm desperate to get my lights done, but having just spent $2500 to get my sedan lowered w/ c/o's etc., spending another $1500+ for lights isn't happening anytime soon.
The following users liked this post:
loganlhadley (05-16-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?