G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:27 AM
PGg35s

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Show off your sedans!

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Screw it. Those painkiller meds really do make me woozy and stay up at night and do things like this,kill the surprise for John that I was meaning to keep till the meet in August.

Here it is, my new Avant Garde M621 ,I'm still so and so on the new wheels. I do like them but feel like something is missing

Maybe it's the gunmetal that I thought I'd like the same as my IPL wheels but maybe it doesn't work as well with that wheel design on my car anymore IDK.

I think the spokes get somewhat lost in there given they're gunmetal so that may change to something much different next year.

Only few decent pictures I have so far... waiting for an actual good quality photoshoot in the coming week(s).

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK, If you like it/think it looks good just hit the Thanks/thumb up button, if otherwise please comment

First day after putting them on according to the labels on the boxes left and right, and constantly thinking they didn't look right, someone pointed out, that they'll look better reversed and infact it did, there is no right or wrong side, but a matter of preference I was told.

Thats how they look reversed, wheels marked right side are now on left side and vice versa

I'm loving the new setup, Mike!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I looked him up... it's Falker11.

Are you OK with using those spacers? Seems the manufacturer was pretty cagey about warranty.
Falken? That's right, he's got those CO spacers. Hmm... seems you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing, so good luck. My rear CO's are maxed out for height. Got lucky with the Teins, I think.

What rims are you using in the winter... OEM?-3.0... OMG, Mike. Nope, no slack there at all. +25 is way aggressive.Not really, but I get why you would think that. At a glance, they look like they twist, but actually don't. It's the design of the spokes which creates that optical illusion.
C'mon John, it's not -5 or -7 we're talking about here, I hate excessive camber but -3 definitely doesn't fall within that category for me at all, in fact -3 is great for handling , auto cross and any spirited driving.

Speaking of the offsets , well I did all the thinking myself and decided to go with these in order not to have to use spacers , but given the rear wheel is half an inch wider than the rear IPL wheels it leave a tiny little bit less room than IPLs with 20mm spacers that made it +25 offset as well. I'd say they fit just literally spot on haha. I think if I did rear offset at about +28 it would've been perfect, and there would be a little more room for slack. Who knew though
Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
Looking good there Mike (so yeah, a thumbs up in case you're keeping a tally )
AFAIK those are the first AGs w/ that directional style on the site, nice set!

Glad you're able to see some humor w/ that horrendous burn situation, we're all hoping you keep making steady progress there.

And yeah, a little bump up in back would be good if those extenders aren't too much of a hassle, although everything at this point is probably just that.

Thanks for the pics and sharing the secret months in advance
Yes I am keeping a tally I want to see how many thumbs up I can get Maybe they are the first on the site for all we know, but they also do have another set of same design F521 but forged 3 piece with a lip that are about 5-8k new for the set but look absolutely stunning.

Yeah the burn situation is getting better but still a long way to go , thank you Brad.

Those KW spring spacers will be installed probably in a week the next Saturday so we'll see how the fitment will go then

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 04-28-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:54 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
^ I think it looks ok. But, kind of reminds me of a Vossen wheel which means I wouldn't ever put it on my personal car.

Last edited by ttv36; 04-28-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:10 PM
GetYourWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 104 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Screw it. Those painkiller meds really do make me woozy and stay up at night and do things like this,kill the surprise for John that I was meaning to keep till the meet in August.

Here it is, my new Avant Garde M621 ,I'm still so and so on the new wheels. I do like them but feel like something is missing

Maybe it's the gunmetal that I thought I'd like the same as my IPL wheels but maybe it doesn't work as well with that wheel design on my car anymore IDK.

I think the spokes get somewhat lost in there given they're gunmetal so that may change to something much different next year.

Only few decent pictures I have so far... waiting for an actual good quality photoshoot in the coming week(s).

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK, If you like it/think it looks good just hit the Thanks/thumb up button, if otherwise please comment

I really like these!! They look great with the yellow brakes
Old 04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by GetYourWheels
They look great with the yellow brakes
Yellow?

Your screen might be getting old, buddy. That's orange as the day is long.

It matches his eyelid, grille Fuji, and that cleanasf*ck sticker. Which, you know, Mike, it's kind of childish, however just having the cleanasf*ck letters against the dark window tint with the wrapped trim and matching your calipers... that kind of works, visually. Not the white car sticker, though. Ditch that and keep the cleanasf*ck letters.
The following users liked this post:
GetYourWheels (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Falken? That's right, he's got those CO spacers.
Falken is a tire!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:33 PM
GetYourWheels
Former Sponsor

Yellow?

It matches his eyelid, grille Fuji, and that cleanasf*ck sticker. Which, you know, Mike, it's kind of childish, however just having the cleanasf*ck letters against the dark window tint with the wrapped trim and matching your calipers... that kind of works, visually. Not the white car sticker, though. Ditch that and keep the cleanasf*ck letters.
Oops, good call, i see it now
Sorry I'm a bit colorblind
Old 04-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Falker11
Falken is a tire!!!
Oh god, you're right. Hahahaha... wow. That was a deep fail.

My apologies, Mike.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:01 PM
GNTLMN_Z
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Cool, so the surprise is out there! Personally, I think the AG wheels look great. I've went back and forth looking at those wheels so many times but just couldn't pull the trigger because I really want a 10.5" rear. That being said, .
The following users liked this post:
GetYourWheels (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:10 PM
GetYourWheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GNTLMN_Z
Cool, so the surprise is out there! Personally, I think the AG wheels look great. I've went back and forth looking at those wheels so many times but just couldn't pull the trigger because I really want a 10.5" rear. That being said, .
They offer the M621 in 20x10.5
Old 04-28-2016, 03:15 PM
GNTLMN_Z
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by GetYourWheels
They offer the M621 in 20x10.5
They do. My mistake; should've clarified, 19x10.5"
Old 04-28-2016, 04:06 PM
Mik3G37S

Yellow?

Good call yeah c'mon there's a child in each one of us to be honest and given I'm only 24 I'll take that as a compliment You're right I think I'll remove the sedan thing off. It'll soon also match my engine cover and my brake fluid and battery covers too haha, since I'm home all the time now I found myself a little project and all the supplies I need Show off your Sedans!-photo449.jpg
Old 04-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by ttv36
^ I think it looks ok. But, kind of reminds me of a Vossen wheel which means I wouldn't ever put it on my personal car.
Uh why you gotta be so harsh Tony I liked the design much more over vossen which I wouldn't have gone with. Either way vossen doesn't have exclusivity for that wheel design either and as far as I know they weren't the first ones to come out with the design. Anyways here's a picture of the wheel by itself

Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 PM
GetYourWheels
Former Sponsor

Heres a set of Polished Red Velvet M621s we did for our customer's G37!
20x10/10.5

Really love the Red/White combo!

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!