G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 12:37 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Looking at that picture... have you considered removing the Fuji and painting the inside (and sides?) gloss black, to match the grille? It's looking flat-black in this picture.
I hate you. I hadn't noticed that, but now I can't unsee it.

The sides are chrome, but the inside is indeed a flat black. It's less noticeable that the picture shows, but it is off...
I wouldn't change the sides, as I like the contrast of the chrome logo on the grill, but the inside of the emblem would def look better in gloss black. Might be a project for the summer.

So much for being done with the exterior. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by lobuzz311
It's just a crappy cell phone shot, but here's my G with the gloss black fog rings I picked up from Rochester. I think my exterior is done... maybe.

I don't think you're quite done yet

Just installed the lip myself on saturday, I gotta say it makes it look so much better and meaner.

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Got to meet up with MIK3G37S yesterday in Jersey... Absolutely gorgeous car!
I appreciate the kind words Zahy, yours is coming along very well too Post some of the pictures from the meet tonight !
Old 03-28-2016, 01:40 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Since this is my first car, I never got to experience any specific car community. So far, I'm loving the Infiniti scene, specifically G sedan owners. I was home in NJ for Easter weekend and decided to meet up with MIK3G37S. We headed to a meet in North Bergen, NJ which ended up having a huge turnout with Mike and I having the only V36 Sedans there.

The following 2 users liked this post by ZahyMatar:
Mik3G37S (03-29-2016), TannerG (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 01:54 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Since this is my first car, I never got to experience any specific car community. So far, I'm loving the Infiniti scene, specifically G sedan owners. I was home in NJ for Easter weekend and decided to meet up with MIK3G37S. We headed to a meet in North Bergen, NJ which ended up having a huge turnout with Mike and I having the only V36 Sedans there.

Oh just wait for the August meet up I'm sure it'll just get better haha. Yeah Infiniti scene is pretty cool, I get a honk here and there from fellow G owners even in stock form who are some type of enthusiasts or when I see a clearly modded one I also give them a honk or give them a thumbs up, chat if there's a chance. I guess it's the way we respect each other. Anyway that's true we were the only ones with v36 sedans there indeed but there might have been one or two seperate from us that we didn't know about considering how big the turnout was haha, a lot of cars !
Old 03-28-2016, 11:46 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I don't think you're quite done yet
Probably not.

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Just installed the lip myself on saturday, I gotta say it makes it look so much better and meaner.

While I agree that it does look meaner and adds some interest to the bumper, the line across the bumper makes it a mod I will never do. It looks like those Corolla S "body kits" that just get added on. I just can't stop staring at that line.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Mik3G37S

Probably not. While I agree that it does look meaner and adds some interest to the bumper, the line across the bumper makes it a mod I will never do. It looks like those Corolla S "body kits" that just get added on. I just can't stop staring at that line.
Doesn't bother me that much, but then there is always the option of molding it together with the bumper and I might do that once I get a new bumper
Old 03-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
The line bugs me, too. But not nearly as much as it used to. I've mellowed about the Sport Chin over the last 4+ years or so. And I wouldn't rule it out for some future mod. My biggest concern with the chin is my stupid hump of a driveway. If it weren't for that, I'd be less inclined to pass on it.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:46 PM
ocie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally got in touch with the shop that powder coated my 19" coupe wheels I picked up from the Classifieds. They used GM Blade Silver, GM paint code WA636R (which has been used on nearly every GM vehicle since 2009, ).

Gonna DIY the chrome center caps that came with my rims and clear coat them. Shouldn't be too hard, I hope.

Once I think I did a passable job, I'll be getting them wrapped with DW ExtremeContact tires and finally mounted on my car.

My dog needing an emergency vet visit last night did set me back $400 though...but, at least she's ok.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:19 PM
007pipeline
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ocie
at least she's ok.
glad to hear it
The following users liked this post:
ocie (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 05:39 PM
ocie

Originally Posted by 007pipeline
glad to hear it
Thank you sir.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:42 AM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
I finally got in touch with the shop that powder coated my 19" coupe wheels I picked up from the Classifieds. They used GM Blade Silver, GM paint code WA636R (which has been used on nearly every GM vehicle since 2009, ).

Gonna DIY the chrome center caps that came with my rims and clear coat them. Shouldn't be too hard, I hope.

Once I think I did a passable job, I'll be getting them wrapped with DW ExtremeContact tires and finally mounted on my car.

My dog needing an emergency vet visit last night did set me back $400 though...but, at least she's ok.

Wow, sorry to hear about your dog. 24 hour vets are NEVER cheap, but at least your dog is ok... That's what matters the most.

Why does it seem that our dogs never seem to get sick during normal vet hours? I recall a few years ago I came home from work to my dog having what appeared to be seizures and foaming at the mouth. Turns out she ate half a container of Snail Bait. Had to rush her to the 24 vet to have her stomach pumped... $2400 later she was happy as ever!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:55 AM
ocie

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Wow, sorry to hear about your dog. 24 hour vets are NEVER cheap, but at least your dog is ok... That's what matters the most.

Why does it seem that our dogs never seem to get sick during normal vet hours? I recall a few years ago I came home from work to my dog having what appeared to be seizures and foaming at the mouth. Turns out she ate half a container of Snail Bait. Had to rush her to the 24 vet to have her stomach pumped... $2400 later she was happy as ever!
That's the truth and I'm glad she's all right after that ordeal. My dog had gotten into a box of raisins, but ate no more than a dozen. She's a 100 pound German Shepherd, so the toxicity level is likely not enough to do any harm, but I wasn't going to risk her having any potential kidney failure.

$432 was my bill for it. Not a major setback, but certainly an unforeseen cost. I'll just run my all-seasons currently on my 18s until they actually need to be changed.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:23 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The line bugs me, too. But not nearly as much as it used to. I've mellowed about the Sport Chin over the last 4+ years or so. And I wouldn't rule it out for some future mod. My biggest concern with the chin is my stupid hump of a driveway. If it weren't for that, I'd be less inclined to pass on it.
Every seam on cars bother me a bit to be honest but I've just accepted them as a fact of life. That said, is it possible/feasible to use something like bondo/sand/paint to eliminate the lines/seams? everything from the quarter panels to the lines on the sport lip would look much better as "one" piece.......
Old 03-29-2016, 10:57 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

My dog had gotten into a box of raisins, but ate no more than a dozen. She's a 100 pound German Shepherd, so the toxicity level is likely not enough to do any harm, but I wasn't going to risk her having any potential kidney failure.
Raisins cause kidney failure in dogs?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Raisins cause kidney failure in dogs?
That's the first I've heard about it, too. And believe me, I am VERY grateful to know about it.

Google variations on "can raisins kill my dog". Wow. I need to protect this little guy.

The following users liked this post:
VIVID (03-29-2016)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread